casita company - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
casita company

I have received a number of e-mails from individuals concerning my comments about my encounter with the Casita company. Many of these individuals were quite defensive of Casita and asked me to furnish details, naming individuals, etc. I will not do that. My comments were to relay an experience I had with a company. I had no ax to grind with Casita before visiting the company in Rice. To the contrary, I went there to get information and some needed parts and looked forward to the experience. Perhaps that is why I was so disappointed with my reception. It may be true, as some have suggested, that I encountered an individual employee having a bad day. That, however, does not negate the fact that I did have an interaction with an employee that I deemed totally inappropriate as a customer. Further, I did not, as one suggested, deface the Casita name. I merely removed all of their decals from my trailer.

As for the needed parts, I have since either fabricated them in my own shop or acquired them from other rv companies.

I do understand that many readers of this forum have had good experiences with Casita and will continue to do business with them. That is fine. However, for me, I did not and I shall not.

e.k. maddox

************************************************** ******************************

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:16 PM   #2

Your anger at Casita

Hi E.K.,

I hate it, too, when I am treated badly by a company. It may be only a single employee, but they still represent the company and are responsible for what he/she says or does with regards to a customer.

But I'm going to suggest to you that you may not (note that I say *may not*, since I don't know for sure) have fulfilled your own responsibilities to this forum with regard to this incident. The first time you appear, and on one other similar forum, was to berate the whole Casita organization for a single incident.

On one forum you were asked for details and as far as I know you didn't provide any. That is certainly your right. Information about the incident is between you and the company. But, I remind you, it was you who brought it to this forum in the first place, and as a first post, too. And I do not believe that you had taken your complaint to Casita befoe you took that step.

You can disagree with me, but I believe participants in a forum such as this have a responsibility to each other. If you had written that you had contacted the company with details of this incident and were STILL dissatisfied with the response, then I would say you had fulfilled that responsibility and were justified in posting your criticism of the company. Since you apparently have not taken that extra step for direct redress from the company, I personally feel that your comments begin to take on the aroma of sour grapes.

One of the greatest benefits of the internet is that it allows consumers to have great power -- through information and in forums just such as this -- over the transactions they make and the quality of their interactions with companies they deal with. But that power comes with responsibilty: before we let loose the dogs, we have to be sure we are being fair and reasonable to everybody concerned. Not least to members of a communications forum that, to a certain extent, depend on each other for honesty and reliability.

These are my personal feelings, and I do not present myself as any kind of spokesman for anything but my own views.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:05 PM   #3

Well put, Robert!

Those were exactly my thoughts from the moment I saw the first post.

Anyway, to each his own.

My suggestion to E. K. is that he sell that danged Casita at the first opportunity, and buy himself something that he will enjoy, rather than dwelling on that point for years. Right now there are a thousand people across the country who who would love to buy a nice used Casita, even if it doesn't say Casita on the side any more.

Frankly in a couple of years of monitoring these web sites, I've only heard of one other nice guy who really wasn't satisfied with Casita (or any other fiberglass trailer manufacturer, for that matter.) You know what Casita did? Casita refunded his full purchase price, and that person ever since has been a big Casita booster.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #4

Casita

George, I totally agree with you. E.K. I think George has a valid point. The idea of all this is to have fun. If it's a source of frustration for you, then I'm sure you could find someone to take it off your hands.

I only have one of the original decals remaining on my old gal. Somebody done rode her hard and put her away wet one too many times before I got her. Now that she's all cleaned up and fixed up again, she looks pretty good even without her decals!

Only problem is that I bet if you look closely, there is some ghosting where the decals were. Dang those decals, just can't get rid of them totally!

Old 05-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #5

E.K. I'm having trouble understanding your continued posted criticism of what you say was bad treatment by someone at Casita.

Since you made the "emails" public, you (and now everyone) knows that I simply offered to help you with your "reported" criticism.

I know from past experience, Casita is a company willing to listen to ... and learn from ... complaints. As I told you, I have already been in contact with Casita, about your alleged complaint. As I also said, I'm willing to serve as a "middle man" for you, since I have Casita management's ear on almost a daily basis.

But unfortunately, since you apparently are unwilling ... or unable... to provide either me or Casita management with specific dates, people and parts, it is impossible for any of us to try to understand your complaint.

There are way, way too many happy owners of older Casitas, purchased new and used .... happy with not only the trailers, but also the treatment they've received from Casita.

Your claim of mistreatment has to be an isolated incident.

But, as I said, without details or supporting facts ... what do you hope to accomplish with your complaint?

Also, in the spirit of this website, of having fun, sharing tips, and solving problems ... since you claim you were able to fabricate parts for older trailers in your own "shop" ... why not start another thread, complete with pictures, in the "owners helping owners" section.

It would be a much more constructive use of your time, energy and efforts.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #6

EK - Ok, I'll put my two cents worth in. I've been in similar situations, when a company "does me wrong". I've been in business myself, and have always held my companies to a high standard of customer service. I expect the same from companies I do business with. If I have a bad experience, the company gets a chance to make it right. One chance, from the top. But they always get that chance.

You see, when I had a hardware store, sometimes a customer would be unhappy because my employee told them the wrong thing, or sold them the wrong thing, or just didn't treat them well. Most likely, most of the time this happened, the customer did as you are doing - just never came back, and spread the word that Ace Hardware doesn't take care of their customers. However, I can say with pride that if that customer would instead contact me and explain their impression of what happened, it would be dealt with, and I would do whatever was within my power to have re-won that customer before he left the store. It was my promise and my way of doing business.

The same things apply to my other businesses. As a contractor, I guaranteed satisfaction. That meant that you don't pay me until you are satified. Period. If you don't like that one little piece of trim, I'll change it. If you think I built a lousy garage, I'll take it down and rebuild it, or pay the contractor of your choice to do it. Did I ever have a dissatisfied customer? Yes. Do I still? No way. Not one. It was my promise and my way of doing business.

Won't you please give Casita a chance to make it right? I've not done business with them, but all indications are that they are worthy of the chance. Have a great day, and I sure hope you'll be able to fully enjoy your Casita for many years to come.

Old 05-12-2003, 01:49 PM   #7

I dont think any prudent reader of any forum would take the inital post by E K to be anything other than venting. As was stated by others including E K, there were no specifics mentioned so no real action should be taken by not buying from Casita. I would think twice about buying anything from a company that clearly did treat its customers poorly, however, E K didnt provide that info to anybody, he was just venting. Everybody needs to vent at times and I will take it at just that.

Paul: Any plans on opening a hardware store in Wisconsin any time soon? Sure could use someone like you runnning the show around here. I sure would like to work for someone like you also.

Charles: Generous offer, dont feel slighted though if EK dont take you up on it. I have been in the situation were all I want to do is blow off the steam I have built up and wash my hands of the bad situation. Even though it starts with money, that becomes the last of the things I am mad about. I am a strong believer in voting with my pocketbook though and I usually end up NOT voting at the places that treat me bad.

Oh, and shaving lables is no big deal, I wont even leave the parking lot with a car that has an unpaid advertisement on it. I didnt clean off my Trillium yet but I stress "yet".

Rich

Old 05-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #8

Hi Rich! Appreciate the comments!

I seriously will intervene on anyone's behalf with Casita to help resolve a situation ... and over the years, time and time again, I've seen Casita go the extra mile to make sure customers (both old and new) are happy.

The goal, after all, is for all of us to be Happy Campers!

Thing about our little fiberglass wonders (no matter what brand), if you do decide you don't like your rig, it's usually awfully easy to sell it and move on ... something other RV'ers can't do with a large Class A or traditional stick built rig (all of which depreciate like rocks in a pond!)

Old 05-12-2003, 05:02 PM   #9

Thank You EK for your self control in what has obviously been a tough situation for you.

From time to time people want to use this site to blow off steam and lose control. The language gets way out of bounds. I appreciate your language.

As you can see from the posts, there are many resources here if you want/need help with Casita or your trailer. The flip side is, we would like for you to share how you fixed your trailer and or made the parts needed.

I think we would all like to see your relationship with Casita repaired. I personally have had an issue and when I discussed it with them, we were able to negotiate a solution that worked for both of us. I am so impressed with Casita's service, I just ordered my second Casita.

Good Luck, I hope we can help,
Webguy

Old 05-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #10

George,

I'm sure glad you mentioned the story about "The Little House on the Highway" by Vern Modeland. http://www.runningriver.com/modeland/littlehouse.htm
I almost ruled out the Casita because of that story but then I realized that the Modeland's leak was not common and that an occasional popped rivet was about the most aggravating Casita problem walked about on forum. I'm sure glad that I didn't base my decision on one person's experience.

Craig

Old 05-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #11

Interesting enough, Vern Modeland is a friend of mine ... and has been for years.

Obviously most folks' experience falls somewhere between his and mine ... a fact he and I both admit.

Vern now recommends that people looking for small RV's take a look at Casita.

His wife's health has slowed his travels ... but I know that, in spirit, he's out there rolling down the highway.

Old 05-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #12

Little House

Charles,

I was sorry to read that Phyllis Modeland is not well. I got the impression of a health problem from the story. As I remember, it was an aborted trip to Iowa. Please convey my best wishes and tell them that I appreciate the wonderful web site.

I will be heading to Silverton as soon as school is out and will be sure to flip on the heat switch.

Craig Nold
Gilliam, Missouri

Tags
casita