casita dealership - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2003, 06:09 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
casita dealership

I recently acquired a 1993 Casita (13'). After hearing so many good
>things about the company, I decided to pay them a visit to pick up a few
>things that I needed to replace (door hinges, etc.). What a
>disappointment! I was made very welcome when they thought I was there to
>purchase a new trailer. But, when they realized that I was just there to
>buy a few parts, they hardly had time to talk to me. I was treated like
>an unwanted stepchild. In addition to that, they didn't have many of the
>parts I needed and had no suggestions where I might go to get them. That
>was a wasted 300 mile round trip. I have had many rv's over the years,
>ranging from motorhomes to small antique travel trailers. Of all the
>manufacturers and dealers that I have visited, I have never been treated
>with such indifference. While I love my Casita trailer, I refuse to give
>the company either direct or indirect referrals and will no longer use my
>trailer as a means for them to advertise. I have removed all of the
>decals with their name from my trailer.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:20 AM   #2

Hi E.K.
Welcome to this forum.
I am not a Casita Owner, but I would not have thought that would have happened to anyone.There are many folks here who have had nothing but good experiances from Casita.I am sure they will read this with interest.
:wave

Old 05-10-2003, 06:22 AM   #3

Your experience...

Hi E.K.,

Sorry about your bad experience. I'm kinda surprised. While Casita, Inc is not without warts (IMO), I didn't expect lack of friendliness and hospitality to be one of them.

Rather than just write them off, I suggest you make them aware of your feelings. Either send them a copy of what you have posted here, or write them another letter explaining what happened. Don't pull any punches either.

I'm curious: did you get this treatment from the whole place, or just one harried employee. Everybody has bad days, but if it's a pattern it needs to be knocked in the head.

Let us know the results, too!

Old 05-10-2003, 07:25 AM   #4

E.K., sorry about your experiences.

Who, specifically, did you deal with at Casita? When you say "Casita dealership," I assume you mean the manufacturing plant at Rice, Tx.

Since the vast majority of folks who own Casita (new or used) report a vastly different experience ... and in fact, say that Casita bends over backwards to help them whether they bought new or used, I'm sure you were dealing with someone who was just having a bad day.

However, since I have Casita's ear, I've already reported your posted experience to Casita ... and they would like more details of specifically when you visited (date and time), and whom you talked to, so that they can look into the situation.

Casita prides itself in its customer service ... and stocks many, many obsolete old parts (but not all) ... and if, by chance, they don't have the part, they have advice on how to fix.

But E.K. ... I would also say that there are many, many owners of 20 and 30 year old fiberglass trailers who frequent this website. Many have replaced/repaired/located parts. So you might try to post your problems here.

We'd all like to help you!

Old 05-10-2003, 07:32 AM   #5

>>didn't have many of the parts

EK ... specifically what parts didn't Casita have? Please list them here. Maybe we can help you find them.

Also, specifically what questions did you ask that Casita couldn't answer or give you advice on where to find something or how to fix something.

Again, be as specific as possible, so that we all can help you.

Old 05-10-2003, 07:48 AM   #6

Rice is Nice

:conf Boy, E.K., your experience really leaves me puzzled. When I first saw it posted at the Casita Club Site, I was wondering who you spoke to and when you were there.

I've had an '89 for about a year. Since I was new to travel trailers (moreover, fiberglass rigs), I was totally lost about some things. We have made several trips to Rice as well as more phone calls than I care to admit. Never once have they been anything but extremely helpful. I have bothered them so much, that I almost hate to admit that I'm the one with the '89 Casita. Immediately, they know who I am (well, it seems that they do, anyway)...yet they never act like that I'm a bother. If it were me, I'd probably be doing this when I called! :o But, nope, I always received excellent service and treatment. Even when my husband has called and asked them to mail it, it has always gone out the same day.

Jay and Susan have always gone out of their way to help us with parts. It was Jay who helped us understand the differences between our '89 and the new ones. When our parts were no longer available through them because of design change, they pointed us to the right direction.

Although everyone has an off day, I cannot imagine what happened. I can honestly say (and I truthfully mean this), I have never received better treatment from any company or car dealership or even RV parts places before. These people are wonderful.

It's true that when we go down there in person, the sales people don't jump up and offer to help. But then again, they know me and know that I'm just there for parts. Still, though, as I'm waiting, they are friendly, etc.

This is just based on my personal experience.

Old 05-10-2003, 09:18 AM   #7

Just a guess, but.......

Unless they've changed, the sales people at the Casita factory work on comission and 'rotate' the inquirys. I could understand a sales persons attitude if you show up in person, and take up his/her time asking about this and that for a parts purchase. (And some of these commissioned sales people have come and gone).

Shucks, when I show up at my local RV dealer for parts, the commissioned sales people think I'm invisible.

But the salaried folks in parts and service can afford to be helpful, it's their job.

Casita (a manufacturer/dealer) has the best record of RV customer service I've heard of. :)

Usually, by phone, the caller is transferred to parts or service....In the past Chuck, Jay and Susan have all been very helpful.

Sorry you had a bad experience. :o

Old 05-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #8

E.K.

I know you realize that dealing with a manufacturer isn't really the same as dealing with a dealership and, because of that, they really don't have a parts department. However, they are very willing to sell what they have on hand to mfg new trailers. Something I found to be extremely helpful, is that I call them first, remind them of the year of my Casita (to assure that it will work), and they usually pull what I need and have it waiting for me.

On small items, I just order it over the phone and they ship it to me. Truthfully, though, sometimes I just enjoy driving over there and picking it up.

Calling first is always a good idea...especially if you want to go on Saturday. I'll call during the week and tell them I can't make it until Saturday, then they have it pulled and ready.

Old 05-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #9

ditto suz

Purchased my '99 Casita used. Dot and I have called Casita a total of 6 or 7 times just for information and were treated like family!

The support we received has made us very comfortable with Casita ownership.

When we get ready to buy a new one, guess what we'll buy?

Apparently, you stumbled into a non-typical Casita employee.

Old 05-10-2003, 02:06 PM   #10

Hi Doug and Dot
Welcome to fiberglassrv.com.Post lots and enjoy our hospitality.
:wave

Tags
casita