Casita fan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Thumbs up Casita fan

This is a repost from txpawpaw on the Casita Travel Trailer forum. Says a lot about the company:

We took delivery of a new 2012 16' Sprirt Deluxe in January of this year. We used the trailer a few times and then it sat idle during the colder months. We had intended to go to Bluebonnet but health problems prevented it. We then made a quick overnight to a local state park and discovered the a/c didn't work properly and the door didn't shut well. We made a trip up to Rice and let them address both issues. About a month later while camping out I noticed that the carpet was coming loose from the ceiling and the bathroom door would drag on the ceiling where it was coming loose. I called Casita and we again set out for Rice. This time we left the trailer for two weeks while they completely stripped out the interior, cabinets and all, and put in brand new carpet. We thought this was amazing customer service and we were even compensated for our driving and motel expenses for the trips up and back. We returned back home and the trailer was covered with a new RV cover to protect it from the hot Texas sun. After about a week I noticed that the carpet was coming loose again in the back storage compartment and around the Fantastic Fan. I placed a call to Casita and asked to talk to the plant manager Chuck Rogers. He was flabbergasted that I was having trouble again and said that they had not had this complaint from any other owners. The last time they had this problem was back in 1999 and they traced it to a bad adhesive. I was professional but very frustrated and said that I didn't know what I wanted to do, bring it back and get a refund, see if the Lemon Law applied, etc. My wife was in a meeting that day and I didn't want to distress her with the news until she came home. I told Chuck that I would call back at the end of the day when my wife was home and we would let him know how we wanted to proceed. I was just sick that our little trailer was so afflicted, especially after doing so much research to find a quality trailer that people absolutely raved about. Here's where the story gets real good. About an hour later Chuck called me back and told me that he had just talked to the owners of Casita. He said that they were putting a new trailer into production and it would be ready on Sept. 10th. He said they would deliver the new trailer to my house and take the old one away with no extra cost to me! Obviously we said that we be great. Well yesterday I had a brand new trailer delivered by a very nice driver and the old one taken away. I don't know of any company that will go to that extreme to please a customer. To my wife and I Casita is more than the little trailer they produce but also the people that stand behind it. Integrity all the way! The Bible that was inside of my trailer when it was delivered gave me a clue as to the origin of the owner's principles. These guys represent the very best in small business and I will forever be a cheerleader for their product.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD
Duluth,Minnesota
WOW, and that was without using Trailer Life magazine to intervene for them like you have to with most of the other manufacturers out there!
Randy Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #3

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
what a wonderful story--I would love to know "why" yours kept having problems---millions on the road -(1) bad one---what a great ending;
sparky1 in s.Va.
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #4

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Amazing customer service! Wonder if all Casita dealerships offer the same excellent service?
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie and Claude View Post
Amazing customer service! Wonder if all Casita dealerships offer the same excellent service?
There are no Casita dealerships, only factory direct sales.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Neat Story. Very Impressive. The way it should be with all companies/products. Especially with Factory Direct Sales.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
I agree that this represents fantastic customer service!

I really like Casita. I saw my first Casita on a Freeway, and that got me thinking about a fiberglass travel trailer. And .... I just assumed that I would buy a Casita. And I had several satisfying conversations the Casita people over a multi-year period of time.

As it turned out, I realized that I had specialized needs that would not be met by Casita. But this in no way diminishes the respect I have for that company.

Glad you had such as satisfying experience.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
when you think about all that goes into building a trailer like these,,,so much of it is adhesives and resin. i bet some polutent, or a humidity issue.. or heck could be some sort of pollin bloom could have a major effect on one days production,, or even a few hours production. and it might never be truley figured out.
the only solution could be replace it, then strip the offending unit down to nothing and start over with it.
what a shame this is even a story though,,, was a time in our country, when this service was simply expected.

Tags
casita