Casita Prices 2013 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Casita Prices 2013

Someone sent this to me, thought I'd share with all of you.
Attached Thumbnails
Casita2013PriceList.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Wow.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #3

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: in the market
Arkansas
Hi, I'm quite new at this, but just retired and want to see the US. Does anyone have the 2013 price list for the Scamp? I think I would like a 16' because it might have a larger bed in it as well as a larger bathroom. Does anyone have any suggestions or have the latest Scamp price list?
Thanks from a "newbie".
Butterflylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Are you thinking of a new trailer?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #5

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: in the market
Arkansas
I was considering a used Scamp (IF I could find one that isn't too old), but since there doesn't appear to be a lot of those, I thought I'd check on new ones. IF I could find a late model 16' Scamp that doesn't need any work, I would definitely consider it since I am now on a "fixed" income. However, I'm a "user" and not a "fixer", so it would have to be nothing wrong with it. Am I wishing for the moon or what?
Butterflylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is this an increase or decrease? I have not followed their prices. But i do know the word sale has been used for years.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflylady View Post
I was considering a used Scamp (IF I could find one that isn't too old), but since there doesn't appear to be a lot of those, I thought I'd check on new ones. IF I could find a late model 16' Scamp that doesn't need any work, I would definitely consider it since I am now on a "fixed" income. However, I'm a "user" and not a "fixer", so it would have to be nothing wrong with it. Am I wishing for the moon or what?

7 years ago when I bought our 13' Scamp I spent about 2 years looking for a used one. After seeing the prices of newer, ready to camp Scamp trailers, I opted for a new one. The just wasn't enough difference in price to not buy new and used was pretty hard to find.

My wife and I live in our 13' Scamp for 3+ months of the year, usually January, February, March and into April. Then 2 to 3 weeks at time a few times during the rest of the year.

My experiences and review of the Scamp. It's been just perfect for us. Maintenance is minimal, and very easy to tow. I purchased with idea of being off the grid, so many things are left out, no Air Conditioner, no hot water heater, no Microwave, no electric water pump. To keep maintenance issues at the minimal level, no bathroom either. That also leave enough room to be comfortable in the 13'. This type of living isn't for everybody, but it works great for us.

Now for pricing on the 2013 Scamp Trailers? Call Scamp Trailers at 800.346.4962. They're really nice people to talk to. They'll send you complete information about their line of trailers, including options and prices. You can literally build your dream trailer with options you choose. If there's something else you would like that's not listed, just ask, you can probably have that.

Good luck on your hunt. At 7 years, I think I could sell our trailer for close to what I paid for it. But it's not for sale.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflylady View Post
I was considering a used Scamp (IF I could find one that isn't too old)
Remember, it's not about age... it's about care and condition. An older, well maintained trailer can be just as good as a newer one. I've seen plenty of trashed "newer" trailers! So, don't automatically not check out something from yesteryear. Pay attention to the items found on the Buyers Check List no matter what year of the trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #9

Name: jennifer
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Remember, it's not about age... it's about care and condition. An older, well maintained trailer can be just as good as a newer one. I've seen plenty of trashed "newer" trailers! So, don't automatically not check out something from yesteryear. Pay attention to the items found on the Buyers Check List no matter what year of the trailer.
What kinds of things go wrong? How can you tell a well-cared for unit from one that looks fine but will be a maintenance nightmare? Thanks!
jenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj99 View Post
What kinds of things go wrong? How can you tell a well-cared for unit from one that looks fine but will be a maintenance nightmare? Thanks!
The worst thing that happens are water leaks that rot out the floor and any wood structure, especially in and around the door. Most anything else can be fixed / upgraded by the average owner.

Tags
casita