Casita's new interior - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
One thing that's sure to always be in, though, are photos of scenery stuck to the outside of the windows, and either coffee or wine glasses in every interior photo.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of saying the same thing.

I think the new interior looks very nice. Modern, clean and full of place settings!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #22

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I really like it and getting rid of the carpet on the floor is a good move too! Shows they are starting to respond to the market. Good!
Old 03-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #23

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
I kinda like the interior in that any decorative features could be more colorful to give it a pop. It's a starting point. Owners make it their own.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #24

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I like the "new" look. Robert did the Nest in the same look a few years ago. Fake wood has a certain appeal too though. Maybe Casita thinks all the fake wood buyers have bought and are after the Nest buyers.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Brown is out, grey is in.
It sure is. I recently saw a house done up like that, different shades of gray everywhere, and frankly it looked pretty cold and uninviting to me. Not as big a deal in a camper, and just my opinion anyway.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #26

Name: Al
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Casita Interior Renovation

I acquired an old nasty Casita and ripped out all the interior. I like the warm wood look so I made my whole new cabinets out of quarter inch birch with oak trim. I hated the carpeted walls so I replace them with grass cloth and reflectics insulation. I realize it’s an extreme makeover but I was pleased with the finished product
Attached Thumbnails
C3B471A1-28B3-4DCC-BBAA-C2DD8B50823D.jpg   BFEF9547-4A60-4755-815B-49772D54B2BB.jpg  

D31CDF0A-D396-42A9-9F79-9C80236BFBA3.jpg  
Altemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Former Scamp 13, Former Airstream 16
Connecticut
The posts so far validate that tastes differ, and one design does not appeal to all.

I think in general, the RV Industry serving North America has done an awful job with interiors. Updating them to a tasteful design doesn't necessarily mean more modern....it can mean timeless and classic if done thoughtfully. Good design doesn't have to cost more in terms of materials.

Many of the European lightweight trailers tend to have more modern design, but most of them look cleaner with better utilization of space than what we get here.

The Hymer Touring GT is (available here in the U.S) is close to an example of what I'm talking about https://www.gohymer.com/touring-gt-overview/
pedalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #28

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Al,

That is a beautiful interior.

With interiors, it's not just the "look", it's also the quality of the materials. A picture of wood, glued to a surface, just doesn't make me feel warm, or look like quality, or hold up well to a lot of use.

Your interior is beautiful and extremely well done with great materials. That is a nice place to spend some time. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #29

Name: LeMorris
Texas
Meh...

We visited the Casita factory in September and, at first, I was ooohing and aaahing over the gray demo - but hubs didn't like it. The more I looked at it that day, the less I liked it. Casitas are very small trailers. The darker floor makes it appear even smaller and darker. The gray cabinet doors are pretty; however, the carpeted walls - which we LOVE - are still the ivory color which does not coordinate with the grays. If Casita was going to go gray, they should have used a very light-colored gray carpet on the walls. We took delivery of our new Casita in November. I'm so glad we ordered while they still used the warmer colors and lighter flooring. I gotta admit - the hubster was right on this one! LOL!
LeMorris Galbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:01 PM   #30

Name: Bobby
Trailer: 1993 Casita 16' Freedom Deluxe
N.C.
[QUOTE=slowpat;735910]I like it. I didn't like those brown swirly colored seats so I made some covers for them in my trailer. [QUOTE]
Pat,
What did you make the covers from and how do you like the results?

Thanks,

Bobby
Bobby Yates Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:03 AM   #31

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
We love the new Gray. It's one of the reason's we bought one. To us the older colors were dated. But as other's have said it's easy to paint & fix up.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:15 PM   #32

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
That's a breath of fresh air compared to the Taiwanese Budgetwood that I've stared at for the last 15 years! I may be inspired to paint some cabinets soon!

The Freedom Deluxe swivel chairs may work fine in a 17' Casita, but they were too big for the 16', and I replaced them within a year with gray plastic folding boat seats with padded vinyl cushions.

The Casita "blue" upholstery in my 2005 was incredibly bland, and the brown swirl pattern in the 2014 is way too busy for the small space. I really like this new neutral theme.
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #33

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMorris Galbreath View Post
The gray cabinet doors are pretty; however, the carpeted walls - which we LOVE - are still the ivory color which does not coordinate with the grays.
I think the ivory looks fine with the gray cabinets. Plus, the ivory ties into the dark brown flooring, to give it some coordination up top. Just my 2 cents worth, but believe me, I'm no decorator!
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 AM   #34

Name: Patrick
Oregon
Hey all

we just bought our first Casita, (an '05), and we were wondering if anyone has taken on the challenge of tearing out all the carpeting from the walls and ceiling??

We really don't care much for it, and would love to redecorate her to fit our own tastes. (like ya do)

I'm sure it helps keep condensation at bay, but we'd like to hear first-hand accounts from folks who've done this. We do live on the rainy Oregon coastline so condensation can be an issue...but so does soggy carpeting & mildew.

We're probably gonna do the floors in Pergo anyways, but would love to take all this out.

...or is it that bad of an idea??

Glad to be here!

Patrick & Marie
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #35

Name: P
Washington
[QUOTE=Bobby Yates Emory;736571][QUOTE=slowpat;735910]I like it. I didn't like those brown swirly colored seats so I made some covers for them in my trailer.
Quote:
Pat,
What did you make the covers from and how do you like the results?

Thanks,

Bobby
I am not very good at sewing and I don't have a very good machine. I made them out of very cheap cotton dark blue fabric with the intent of someday making better ones. I made a pattern for future use. The covers work like pillow cases and I pin them to keep them from slipping.

And to keep the cushions from falling off during towing, I placed some of that stuff made to line drawers under them. They stay in place now.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #36

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita's new interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
Hey all

we just bought our first Casita, (an '05), and we were wondering if anyone has taken on the challenge of tearing out all the carpeting from the walls and ceiling??

We’d rather you didn’t! It’s a huge project that requires gutting the interior. Too many people end up over their heads (pun intended) and give up.

Instead, I would steam clean thoroughly, use chemical desiccants or a dehumidifier in storage, and camp for a season or two before you even consider replacing the carpet on the walls and ceiling.

Flooring, cushions, curtains, painting cabinet doors... there are lots of much easier ways to redecorate that don’t require disassembling the whole trailer.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
Hey all

We really don't care much for it, and would love to redecorate her to fit our own tastes. (like ya do)

I'm sure it helps keep condensation at bay, but we'd like to hear first-hand accounts from folks who've done this. We do live on the rainy Oregon coastline so condensation can be an issue...but so does soggy carpeting & mildew.

We're probably gonna do the floors in Pergo anyways, but would love to take all this out.

Glad to be here!

Patrick & Marie

I know of a couple of Casitas that did this. Over on the Casita Forum I believe Beetlefreak lined his trailer with stained wood panels.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:48 PM   #38

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
We’d rather you didn’t! It’s a huge project that requires gutting the interior. Too many people end up over their heads (pun intended) and give up.

Instead, I would steam clean thoroughly, use chemical desiccants or a dehumidifier in storage, and camp for a season or two before you even consider replacing the carpet on the walls and ceiling.

Flooring, cushions, curtains, painting cabinet doors... there are lots of much easier ways to redecorate that don’t require disassembling the whole trailer.

Best wishes!
Thanx for replying Jon

we're not newbies when it comes to remodeling things, and this would be pretty easy compared to somma the projects we've taken on in the past. (we more than doubled the size of our home, totally customized it in the process, and we did all the work ourselves too!)

but yeah, we'll probably use it for a season or two and decide which direction we'll go in first anyways, so no hurry.

We're simply brainstorming ideas at this point to see what's doable and what's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian m. View Post
I know of a couple of Casitas that did this. Over on the Casita Forum I believe Beetlefreak lined his trailer with stained wood panels.
Yeah!! I'd love to see pics of this!!

Thanx Brian!!
Old 03-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #39

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I believe I have seen pictures of the unit Brian describes. It is beautiful. I don’t think the carpet was removed, though. The paneling was installed over it, taking advantage of the wrap-around upper cabinets in the 17’er. The cabinets cover the difficult-to-fit curves and provide attachment points, and keeping the carpet retains its thermal and acoustic properties. The paneling only covers the fairly flat areas of walls and ceiling.

Seems like a better option than gut-and-replace unless the carpet is gross beyond help.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #40

Oregon
Can't believe that someone would actually install paneling OVER carpeting...but you just never know any more!

Wasn't really planning on gutting the unit out...just pulling out the carpets on the walls and overhead, install insulation boards down first, and put my paneling on top of that...but we'll see.

You just never know!

Tags
casita