Change my Scamp order? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #41

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Propane purchase

Here in Santa Rosa, Ca. I buy Propane at the Arco gas station. Priced per gallon, about the same price as reg gasoline. There is a minimum tho. Almost all gas stations sell Propane, lots of gas grills being used.

Mark
MK Evenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Allot of refill stations around me have a minimum 8 gallons of propane. They either don't want the hassle of filling a single bottle or will skim you for the extra gallons when the bottle is full. I carry 2 full bottles on my trailer all the time. I have never used more than 1 bottle on any trip. (we are still working so no long trips for us) Once the bottle has been used any I place it on my BBQ until empty. I put a full one on the trailer for the next trip.
I have found trading my empty bottle at Home Depot works well for me. I have 4 bottles, 2 for my trailer and 2 for the BBQ with the rotation it has taken the hassle out of my life. Rotating the bottles out with Home Depot I don't have to worry about out of date bottles needing re-certification. I can swap bottles on my schedule and not by urgent need.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
When I installed a dual tank holder both tanks had to be in place for the holder to properly secure the tanks. With one tank the upper bracket would not apply the proper pressure.
Raz , I took a piece of 4 " schedule 40 PVC pipe with a toilet flange glued to one end and used it as a replacement for one tank.
The tank clamp / bracket worked as designed plus the PVC is light in weigh and does not rust . Our original Scamp did not have a furnace so we traveled with one propane tank . Our present Casita has a furnace so we use both tanks.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #44
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Raz , I took a piece of 4 " schedule 40 PVC pipe with a toilet flange glued to one end and used it as a replacement for one tank.
The tank clamp / bracket worked as designed plus the PVC is light in weigh and does not rust . Our original Scamp did not have a furnace so we traveled with one propane tank . Our present Casita has a furnace so we use both tanks.
Great solution but it might cost more than the second tank if you have to buy the pipe.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Great solution but it might cost more than the second tank if you have to buy the pipe.
Like most people , I always have a few length of various size
PVC ( 3/4" to 8" ) pipe lying around the house along with a collection of PVC pipe fittings , plus cleaner & cement . I used the tank off my Scamp as a spare for my gas grill .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp