Clothing for trips - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #21

Name: Mark
Trailer: CR-V
California
Since are discussing clothes and travel here, I will try to ask you. My husband is being sent on a business trip to Dubai for 4 months. I'm going with him and I'll be there the whole time. I'm very worried about my clothes. I've already looked at traditional Muslim clothes from Hijab UK and I'm thinking of ordering something for myself. Will I be obliged to wear only such clothes all this time? She is very beautiful and unusual, but I am British and I am used to slightly different clothes. I will be very grateful for your advice.
schaemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjkj Mason View Post
I am curious about the best method of storing extra clothing in a Scamp etc. since storage space is so limited. We have been storing our clothes in a suitcase and leaving it our tow vehicle . We take out the day’s clothing the night before. We store small items in the overhead bins. Are there any other suggestions? Our closet is full of camping essentials so we don’t use it for clothing. Any hints would be appreciated. Thank you.
When we had our 16' Scamp, we left the rear dinette as a full time bed. That allowed us to store our clothes underneath it. I tied two sets of plastic file crates together, so I had two, and my wife had two, and they slid nicely under the table.
I did trim about an inch of fiberglass from the right side support so they could both slide in.
I also had a cardboard box that I used to carry paper towels/toilet paper that fit behind my side, and carried two 2.5 gallon empty water jugs on the other side. They could be reached if needed with the awning pole we had that had a hook on the end.
Attached Thumbnails
100_4071.jpg   100_4069.jpg  

100_4070.jpg   100_4073.jpg  

radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:25 PM   #23

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I have a small Rubbermaid tote that is for "household" stuff- carries the distress lights, the solar string lights, the extra batteries, small clothesline, emergency stove and tablets, first aid kit, et cetera. We used to pack a large suitcase with our gear but it took up way too much space and I like my stuff in a softsided container like bedding quilts come in. As an ultra light backpacker I try to restrict myself to only the necessary stuff- 4 outfits from the skin out, and hopefully some of that is mixable with other outfits-like having a top that goes with both the black slacks and the gray slacks.

When I was Assistant Scoutmaster to the Boy Scout troop, we also had them bring one complete skin-out outfit in a ziplock bag and that was saved to wear on the last day home.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:04 AM   #24

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
We keep our clothes in two duffle bags under the bed (which is kept up all the time), one for each of us. We roll our clothing in the duffels for easy access and few wrinkles. In addition, we roll up some clothing on two closet shelves, also one each. You can stack roll upon roll on a shelf until it's almost full and it's easy to see and retrieve your clothes. 'Hope this tip helps.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 PM   #25

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We have a 13' Trillium. In the spring I load the camper with things that live in it all season. For clothing that means - Raingear, vests, fleece jackets, long undies, wool sweaters, footwear etc. It all fits in top shelf of the closet or on the floor.
Other than that we take the clothes we are wearing and a windbreaker, plus two pair pants, two shorts, two short sleeve shirts, two long sleeve shirts, swimsuit, pj's, socks and underwear. We only change clothes if necessary. We each have a small soft sided bag that goes wherever convenient.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote