Compact Jr Carnage.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Compact Jr Carnage....

Hadn't popped the top of my camper in a few weeks. this afternoon I discovered these critters had taken roost.

they love to get in under the pop top.

it is amazing just how fast wasp/hornet killer sprays go to work!

maybe i'll try a light spray around the edges as a deterrent.

this hasn't been the year of the camper, too many distractions so far.

but hope to get in a short trip later this month and hopefully in September and October.
Attached Thumbnails
wasps.1.jpg  
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Yuck. I had that problem with my boat when I left it sitting- they'd get into the cabin through the smallest openings.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Be aware that the wasp-hornet spray could have a detrimental effect on the surfaces or fabrics of your camper. No direct experience here. Separately, I hear a can of wasp-hornet spray on the bedside table can be an effective tool at deterring two-legged intruders. Probably applies more to tent & tent trailer campers, who can't lock their doors. Have you ever seen how far the hornet spray will shoot a concentrated stream? I know not everyone wants to pack a pistol. Uh, no direct experience here, either. Just don't confuse it with your breath spray!
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
You can blast the nest out of there with a water jet nozzle, no need for chemical warfare.

Do you have a bulb type of edge seal on your pop up lid? As the roof is not totally flat. The outside corners of the lid do not touch the roof because the roof has a slope from the center towards the edges to allow water to run off but the lid does not follow that sloped roof contour.

Part of my pop top renovation included adding a bulb gasket seal. I ordered mine from an Ebay seller. Because the bulb is hollow it will follow the change of contour without adding a lot of thickness.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote