Contest winner.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #21

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
  • I don't have to fold up the legs and tuck them up into the case.
  • The legs are bigger and less prone to bending.
  • The awning is attached directly to the trailer, there is no gap between the case and trailer.
  • It is simpler to operate.
Learn something every day. Thanks
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Too bad one can't find a rollup awning like the one on Airstreams. All the benefits of the rollup and it creates it's own case when closed, thus the benefits of a case awning!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Too bad one can't find a rollup awning like the one on Airstreams.
That's just a "fabric" choice. It's called Unigard at Carefree of Colorado - Recreational Vehicle Awnings. That puts a "Case" around the fabric when closed, but leaves the legs up against the side of the trailer.
Quote:
The downside is the less appealing appearance when folded up. A case awning is sleeker when stored away.
While having the legs always exposed is way more convenient, a full-on case awning's storage of the legs along with the fabric looks better going down the road, and probably has less wind resistance. YMMV
Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I believe I would choose the Escape 17’B.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #25

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
While I've taken myself out of the market for a FGRV until after my return from my mission trip next year, I did go out and finally take a good look at the Escape 17 & 19. I like what I see. I may have to take a close look at them when I return. Especially since I'll be on the west coast for a while after returning.

So my vote....?????
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Well, I love my mony pit...I mean my Bigfoot 19. But, if money is no problem, I'd seriously consider the Escape 19 with double pane windows and extra insulation, a full bath/shower, etc., etc.

But I'm casting this vote without having seen an escape trailer...

I really don't want tow a 25' Bigfoot, but would love to add another 2 feet (21' Bigfoot) so that my husband & I cam share a bed ....

Such a nice fantasy thread ...
Old 08-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Sorry, none of the above - I would like to have my 13ft UH with a customization package !! I'd have a frame-off resto done with everything refreshed, insulation added, new double pane windows, new axle and brakes, paint job, custom wheels that would take my UHaul hubcaps !! (plus the small incidentals inside like new cushion covers.) So I guess I'd take delivery on the Escape 19, and then sell it to pay for my customization !
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #28

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Here's my pic., and it was no contest... Hands down WINNER!!! Escape 5.0.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
Dynamic Duo.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #29

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
My Choice

As to the contest. I'd always take the most expensive trailer assuming I could sell it for the most.

I've now been in practically every trailer on the market and am certain we could camp happily in most any of them. Actually they are more similar than dissimilar.

As to the trailer I'd most like to own, it's one that meets our tow vehicle and travel needs. We have a small tow vehicle and that in part decides the size of our trailer, a Scamp 16. Our goal is a trailer that weighs less than 2500 pounds though we have towed a 2800 pound Casita 16. Since we don't have a truck it eliminates a fifth wheel.

As to our tavel needs, we are long distance travelers, traveling 6-10 months a year and have defined storage and long term comfort needs.
In general this requires modifications to the trailer. I simply believe fulltiming (virtual fulltiming in our case) requires a different solution.

As well gas mileage is a concern, our goal is plus 20 mpg (now at 23mpg). We see no where but increasing prices for fuel expenses.

Size is also a concern, too big means you can just drive in to a Dunkin Donuts or MacDonalds. Plus size can make it more difficult to handle, to clean, to park and so on. Ferry charges are higher for longer trailers and I've even found a campground that charges by length.

I will admit I just started reading the For Sale posts, and always feel inclined to buy something new or different. There are plenty of interesting rigs.

Oh well, it's nice to wonder if the grass is greener....

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote