Cortes Camper Spotted! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2023, 06:05 AM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
LA
Cotes Camper on Ebay

There's a Cortes demo unit on Ebay currently along with some of their UFO houses.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 03-20-23 at 06.42 AM.jpg  
daveandalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:26 PM   #22

LA
New Cortes heavily discounted on Ebay

The Cortes demo unit that spent all of last month on Ebay for $39,000
was relisted and reduced to $29,000 today.
Most of the units at dealers are between $50-60,000
I still prefer my Casita over the Cortes.
Attached Thumbnails
cortesebay.jpg  
Old 04-30-2023, 10:23 PM   #23

Name: CalCop
Trailer: Casita
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandalice View Post
The Propex heaters have metal duct hoses underneath the trailer for combustion air and exhaust.

the Furrion fridge is the new Danfoss DC compressor model, it doesn't drain the battery like our absorption fridges since there's no heating element, so no vents are needed.[/U]
Many RV'ers are swapping out their 3-way Dometics to these types of fridges, mainly the Norcold brand that has a model the same size as what's in a Casita, they cool down in a matter of minutes instead of hours, I have a portable Iceco model that will run for days on a small Jackery power supply.

The water heater vent is the small circular chrome device on the side behind the kitchen between the power inlet and tank drains.
Sorry Dave, but even the danfoss fridge needs to be vented. The compressor generates heat along with evaporator coils. This requires the heat to be displaced out of the surrounding cabinet. Without vents, the heat will be vented to the interior of the trailer. If the interior of the trailer is hot there will be no heat exchanged. Even the danfoss can be a victim of excessive heat conditions.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:19 AM   #24

LA
cortes refrigerator

You're right, we carry an Iceco fridge on the back seat of the truck on long trips and I have to make sure make sure the louvers on it are facing away from the seat back.

Not sure how they vent that large Furrion fridge.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:43 AM   #25

LA
refrigerator vent

I got curious and see posts from several Jayco owners receiving new trailers with 12 volt refrigerators that still had the usual louvered vents on the outside of the trailer but blocked off completely on the inside.

I guess they switched from propane fridges and had the trailers already in production.

I downloaded the Furrion and Dometic 12 volt fridge manuals and it looks like the only venting is on the front below the door, just like a residential refrigerator.

So apparently all the heat is added to the inside of the trailer, I would be concerned with that since we live in the deep south.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-94247.html
Old 05-01-2023, 09:01 AM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
Given the market retraction I’d be surprised if this company survives. There has been some controversy about one of the owners and an indictment by the feds a year or so ago. Expensive for what they are. 30,000 is a decent price though.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:25 AM   #27

LA
22' Cortes

It looks like they're getting close on their 22' model. ($91,000)
I don't think I would be comfortable with something that long on a single axle setup.
Attached Thumbnails
22foot.jpg  
Old 11-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #28

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
I don't think I would be comfortable with something that long on a single axle setup.
NOPE! Pickup a Oliver instead.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 10:17 AM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
Or a Bigfoot
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 11:47 AM   #30

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Interesting!

About a year or so ago, I saw a Cortez in a Walmart parking lot being delivered/towed. I spoke with the delivery drivers. The exterior was sharp. Did not see the interior other than looking in the windows.

We love our 2005 Casita that we purchased new to us in November, 2015. Our plan is to upgrade our tow vehicle at the end of 2024 and to continue to use the Casita until we turn 65 in 2027 (have the truck paid). We would then think about a “larger” camper. Current short list would include the Escape 23 (probably too big), Escape 21C, Safari Condo Alto 2414, Safari Condo Alto 2114, and the Oliver 23. Our “ideal” camper would be 21’ long, 7.5’ wide, molded fiberglass, twin beds, a 2 person dinette (we love the swivel chairs in our Freedom Deluxe), and light enough to be towed with a midsize truck. The Oliver would be our all around favorite with the two biggest drawbacks being: weight (requiring a properly configured 1/2 ton truck at a minimum) and price. We have toured the Oliver plant and attended two of the rallies. It has the function and aesthetic that we like.

The Cortez 22 looks like it would offer a very appealing floor plan for us including the twin beds, two person dinette, and the bonus of a large fridge and dry bath (not necessities for us) as well as a very appealing aesthetic in a four-season package that is very light. Hmmmm. Definitely do not like the price.

In any case, it is always nice to have options. We have plenty of time. It will be fun to see how things unfold for Cortez and their growth.

Happy camping,

Dean