Cortes Campers, new company? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #81

Trailer: Escape 17 ft

emulate the silver sheen of 3-D steel. But good looks are only half the story. Beneath the surface, Barracuda® offers the same high-performance characteristics of traditional fiberglass fabrics: it’s strong, durable, lightweight and easily moldable.

Bling.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #82

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
It's funny, maybe I messed up last night searching "aluminized fiberglass" but the search came up with nothing. When I search now I'm getting results.

No word on the astroturfing accusation.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #83

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
One of the things I like about fibreglass is that it is transparent to radio waves, so my FM antena can be hidden inside the shell. I am assuming that aluminized fiberglass makes that difficult.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #84

Montana
Well now we're onto something. See personally I want to block waves. Radio, wifi, cell. 5G!

So maybe I should look into this...

In all seriousness, I do suspect that all these waves are far from harmless. It's one thing to plug a computer directly into a hardline internet connection. It's another to have the stuff beaming through your body 24/7. I unplug my wifi at night, my cell phone goes to airplane mode. I'm still getting the wifi of all my neighbors, but it's a weaker signal.

I would have no problem in my home or camper with needing to plug a wire into an outlet to get cell service or internet. Small tradeoff.

Of course the windows..
Old 02-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #85
Commercial Member

Name: Paul
Trailer: Cortes
Ohio
Hi,
I'm not sure about the aluminized fiberglass yet, but we are also extensively using carbon fiber throughout and CF definitely will NOT allow radio waves to go through. That's why they make the tips of CF airplanes out of fiberglass and then install the antennas in the end of the wings. We will run an experiment and get back to you
CortesCampersCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:19 PM   #86

Montana
As funny as it is to play along with the game, having one person play two different forum members is probably against a very fundamental rule of this forum, and I personally wouldn't mess with it.

If nothing fishy is going on, Anthony and Paul had better get together and work it out, otherwise the Cortes name isn't going to have a happy association around here.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:21 PM   #87

Are you considering changing the name from Cortez, given the negative response?
Old 02-04-2021, 07:31 PM   #88
Commercial Member

Name: Paul
Trailer: Cortes
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Are you considering changing the name from Cortez, given the negative response?
What negative response? Sorry if we somehow inadvertently offended someone. We are not named after AOC in NY. Her last name is spelled Cortez, not Cortes. We are named after the Christian Conquistador that landed in Mexico in the early 1500s and was sickened when he saw the Aztecs were committing RITUAL HUMAN SACRIFICES. Because of Cortes, this practice was ended and he is also responsible for converting them to Christianity. Our plan is to do the same to the RV manufacturers out there by using ZERO wood. Would you buy a new car or truck if it had plywood in the floors? If nothing else we are going to raise the bar for all other RV manufacturers. It will take some time, but stay tuned!
CortesCampersCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:38 PM   #89

God help you.
Inadvisable to use politics and religion as a business plan.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:12 PM   #90

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortesCampersCEO View Post
he is also responsible for converting them to Christianity. Our plan is to do the same to the RV manufacturers out there by using ZERO wood.
Interesting BUSINESS concept
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:40 PM   #91

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Quote:
What negative response? Sorry if we somehow inadvertently offended someone. We are not named after AOC in NY. Her last name is spelled Cortez, not Cortes. We are named after the Christian Conquistador that landed in Mexico in the early 1500s and was sickened when he saw the Aztecs were committing RITUAL HUMAN SACRIFICES. Because of Cortes, this practice was ended and he is also responsible for converting them to Christianity. Our plan is to do the same to the RV manufacturers out there by using ZERO wood. Would you buy a new car or truck if it had plywood in the floors? If nothing else we are going to raise the bar for all other RV manufacturers. It will take some time, but stay tuned!
I'd suggest you re-think this.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
I'd suggest you re-think this.
"Our plan is to do the same to the RV manufacturers out there by using ZERO wood"
Seems to me that the world is moving away from petro-chemicals and toward renewables, like wood.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:58 AM   #93
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:

Okie doke

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #94

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
So, like Cortes, you are planning to convert the RV industry AT THE END OF A SWORD? That was the Spanish method for conversion to Christianity.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:52 AM   #95

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
I'd be more impressed if it was named after AOC rather than the Conquistador.

Good calls by Dave and Elliott on the astroturfing. For better or worse, we are all aware of this organization now. Caveat emptor.
Bob Smucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #96

Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
One thing I have noticed in all three of our fiberglass trailer is a large variance
in the gel coat / fiberglass thickness / quality . In some areas the gel coat is paper thin and the fiberglass thickness varies from 1/16” to over a 1/4”
When waxing my trailer , I have found spots where my finger could poke through the outer wall / shell of the trailer.
While I am NOT promoting Cortez trailers they do have a valid point about the poor quality of fiberglass being passed off by the current manufacturers
( Oliver being the exception IMHO )
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #97

Name: Diane
Trailer: Scamp 13’
Wisconsin
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=139297&stc=1&d=1612536 685
Attached Thumbnails
3777E343-6922-46BE-B04F-888356762ED0.png  
sunnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #98

Montana
One thing seems certain...Cortes is going to have to advertise for buyers elsewhere. Pretty negative, deceptive introduction to this forum.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #99

Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
One thing seems certain...Cortes is going to have to advertise for buyers elsewhere. Pretty negative, deceptive introduction to this forum.
I don't know about deceptive, but there is a reason Neil Young wrote a song called Cortez the Killer.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #100

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Yeah, unfortunately and historically a lot of members are pretty harsh when it comes to something new. I prefer to applaud a new manufacturer and wish them the best. Anything new in the all-molded-towable offerings benefits us all because it often forces the current crop of manufacturers to up their game.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote