Cost of installing propane/solar - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-31-2017, 05:33 PM   #21

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Mark, you can buy a cheaper generator. I doubt you will buy one as well built, reliable and long lasting as the Honda. you get what you pay for.
charlsara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #22

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
I hear ya! Initial research pointing me to Honda EU3000is. I'm a bachelor and will be travelling alone. High on my priority list will be having a comfy pad in the evenings, complete with ac/heat control, reading lights, computer, and DishTV. I'm a TV junkie especially at night, TV is good company, and I'm a sports fanatic. Getting ready to watch game 6 of World Series right now. I don't miss many major sports events and envision boondocking somewhere beautiful I've never been before watching the NCAAs or the Masters, even plan to have an outside TV outlet. LOL
I don't need many creature comforts, but AC when needed and TV will be a "must" for me especially at night. And I want a reliable, sturdy generator that will have enough power. I know I would get bored quick at night w/out being able to do what I am doing right now at home - stretched out on the couch, need a little heat this evening, watching game, and on the computer. That will take some power. I think the availability of Honda dealers just about everywhere for repairs and maintenance is a huge plus as well.
Missouri Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:33 PM   #23

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
Quick glance - wow much cheaper - although I big advantage pointed out on one of the videos is that there is a Honda dealer in about every decent size town for repairs and maintenance. But I will give the harbor freight it do consideration and research.
Something I just read as well....the carburetor needs to be adjusted for using above 5,000 ft. I love the mountains and plan to spend considerable time camping at high altitudes. I have zero mechanical skills, and will need the carburetor adjusted from time to time. Hopefully, Honda will show me how to do it myself.
:Mark most cars and trucks need to be adjusted and just all gen sets need adjusting at high altitudes, a lot of our driving is above 10,000' and most times I have to go out and adjust the Onan gen set to make it run when were above 6000' They run on gasoline and the air is way thinner up there, I wish there was a way to adjust me then I might not pass out.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Advice direct from Honda about high altitude use.
http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...s/pci54675.pdf
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:53 PM   #25

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Advice direct from Honda about high altitude use.
http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...s/pci54675.pdf
:Mr. Korbin I the same thing I have to adjust the carb on the Onan every time I go above 6000' and like I said I wish they could adjust me the same way anytime I go above 6000' I start to get goofy and want to fall down or just plain pass out. But if I stay sitting in the MH I'm fine, soon as I get out Wham I'm gone.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, solar