Curious about another website advertising FRVs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I've just noticed a website called fiberglass-rvs-4sale.

It seems like it may be a collection of ads gleaned from other sources, but not quited in the same way as a "mash" site like Jaxed. Or maybe it is a separate forum? Is it connected to here (I'm guessing not).

I noted that several of the posters appear to be people who post here on our forum (Lizbeth, El Gringo).

Are people from here posting there? I don't ask to be nosy, but more because I'm wondering if the postings are being harvested somehow, or....

Here is a link to the molded fiberglass rv section, for example:

http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/s...ilers-for-sale
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
That great site is Greg A's baby. I think it will grow to be a great resource.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I'll let Greg post about the new site but yes it is me really posting there not some kind of bot.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #4

Okay, I just wasn't sure because although it said "Lizbeth" in the index, I didn't see your name after I opened the post (might just have missed it though).

So does that now supersede our classifieds and referrals? I know that when I post referrals here it takes a bit of work to get all the info right, download and then re-upload the photos, etc. Of course I (and others) do it because we want to, but there's no sense duplicating effort.

Raya
Old 04-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Raya, aren't you already duplicating the effort anyway? I don't think it is bad if there are lots of eye's like yours, Greg's and anybody else watching and looking. As far as listing, as compared to referrals, I think most members here would wish to advertise here as well, to make sure they hit a larger cross section of folks, and especially the more knowledgeable ones here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #6

Well, true, a referral is already a duplicate, however it's a referral to an original ad. I guess to me that doesn't feel like duplicated effort. But I was talking about duplicate referrals, which is not quite the same thing, in my mind.

But mainly I just wanted to understand what looked like it might be a new site (with information that looked similar to what we have here in our "referrals" and "for sale" sections). At least I had never seen it before today, and I thought I had combed all the sites when I was egg shopping (and shopping... and shopping.....).

Raya

Edited to add: Oh, wait, Jim, maybe you meant that I was already duplicatingt Greg's effort here? I've always tried to make sure that any of my referrals were not already posted, but I may have duplicated a few inadvertently. Oopsie.