Cushion - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2003, 06:52 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cushion

Hi,
I have seen in this forum, or an other, a post describing how to make new upholtery on cushions, and I can't find it back. This post had pictures on how to proceed and a wide description. Does anybody know where it is ?
Thanks for help

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #2

I found it !

Finally, I found it at :
http://groups.msn.com/KenJamesPhotoAlbum/y...rwebpage28.msnw

Old 05-02-2003, 10:13 PM   #3

Hi Raymond
I am glad you found what you wanted.:wave

Old 05-04-2003, 06:40 PM   #4

Sturdy cushions

For those folks who don't relish the idea of making their own cushions -- cheaper ones may be sourced from overseas (I've had friends bring in some from India of all places).

Coconut coir core, then a layer of latex foam, then thick layer of cotton and then the cover (all handmade). Heavier than foam -- but tactile feel is a lot more satisfying. Just make sure you have all measurements with you when you order.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:14 AM   #5

Help with foam

http://atrim.com/Page4.html This site will give instructions of how to use a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out of your foam to get it back inside the cover without much effort. Works with thin film of plastic they call slip film but some plastic that is very thin can be used. The slip film may be a little tougher however thin plastic that I have tired works fine so long as you don't tear a hole in it. Need to completely cover the foam with the thin plastic so the vacuum can do it's job. They say you can leave some of the plastic inside but I always take it completely out. I had 2 twin size pieces to cover so I used our shop vac instead of a small one used in the house. For smaller cushions I would think the small house vac would be just fine. Using their instructions makes it easy.