Custom Camping Signs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Custom Camping Signs

Just wanted to pass on some information about custom camping signs. We have had three signs made over the years from Whisperwoodstudios. I have no involvement with them except they make great signs. I just recently had them to make a custom Scamp sign. Designed as a Scamp egg in a nest. The custom orders run for $60.00 plus shipping. They also have stands for the sign. Or you can pick from their many signs which are less money. If you don't see one you like just contact them and they can make what you want. I have been very happy with them on all three signs and I told them that I was going to post my new sign on the forum. So here it is. Even though we own a 5er now. I just tell people if they ask; "That it hatched into the 5er". LOL. Anyway if your interested here is their contact info: SIGNS-Personalized Signs, ETCHED VINYL DECALS items in Whisperwood Studio Signs of Art store on eBay!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
That's really nice Ted/ And the price seems reasonable. After all, it's pretty much a one-and-done unless changing trailer brands!

Cool! Thanks for sharing
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We had 3 carved camping signs made by Tim Hornshaw, hornshawwoodworks.com. He also made two inlaid pieces to cover holes in our vintage teardrop. Our sign was made before we bought the Uhaul so it shows a popup and a teardrop. He did show it on his website. It's been a few years since we had it made, not sure if he is still in business, but he was a great guy to deal with.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
still up, cute teardrop

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tim was great to work with on designing the sign, he would email an image, We'd tell him what to change, he would send another image with the changes, and we would continue this exchange until we settled on the final design. Talked to him on the phone a few times too. He had started with a basic teardrop image, I then pointed out that ours didn't have a door on that side so he corrected that, and we ended up with an image that looked like our trailer. I had to fill a hole that had been cut in the door for an incorrect latch, he made a 2 X 2" plug with the numbers 1946 inlaid, the year of the trailer. Another larger inlaid piece has "Tinadrop" in it. Tina is our daughter that found the teardrop on craigslist for us, and this piece covers a 4 X 12" hole that had been cut for a vent. The theory here being that a patch looks like a patch, but instead use something that looks like it belongs there. Found Tim on the tnttt site back when we started the restoration, about 6 years ago.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #6

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
A friend of mines band mate, her husband has one of those engraveing machines... put a blank of wood in it and load an image file and it will auto cut it out... still waiting since last year for one lol.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote