De-winterized! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Today, I took the cover completely off the Casita, finished waxing it (only had the very back and roof to wax), hooked up the power and water, flushed the system and got it ready to roll!

We won't be leaving for our first trip of the season for four more weeks (Florida Keys), but we only have a few things to finish to be ready to hook up and go. In fact, the only thing I have left to do with the trailer itself is to make sure the propane tanks are filled.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Woo Hoo!

I am already plotting my summer.

With so many places around here, it's hard to decide.

Reserve America gonna LOVE me!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Me too!!
Starting to plot out trips . . . .

My neighbor had his big rig at his house last weekend doing the de-winterizing stuff. I'm set for next weekend. And the following weekend a short jaunt to the coast to test everything out (will I remember to pack everything??)
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
Today, I took the cover completely off the Casita, finished waxing it (only had the very back and roof to wax), hooked up the power and water, flushed the system and got it ready to roll!
Great and I am still wondering if I will be able to get Lady-Bug out of hibernation, for spring clean up at a campground I go to in Maine the end of April.
about 2 feet of snow around it still and a 4 foot snow bank on the side of entrence to back yard where she sleeps still... may even have to cancel the 4th of july reservations...just kidding I hope but in the mountains of Maine you never know.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
We had our first trip in our new to us Egg two weekends ago. We went to Tybee Island, Georgia. She pulled great, I mastered the WD hitch and sway bar hook-up by myself, and it was so wonderful. Yes Gina, I even dumped too!

I am off this weekend to Davenport, FL, then to Ruskin, FL, and finish up at the Orange Blossom Rally next weekend. This will be the Cat and I first solo trip.

I am sooooo excited.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Great and I am still wondering if I will be able to get Lady-Bug out of hibernation, for spring clean up at a campground I go to in Maine the end of April.
about 2 feet of snow around it still and a 4 foot snow bank on the side of entrence to back yard where she sleeps still... may even have to cancel the 4th of july reservations...just kidding I hope but in the mountains of Maine you never know.
Gerry the canoebuilder
My aunt and uncle lived in Gardiner ME until they died a few years ago. (Old age...they lived very long, very happy lives.)

My wife and I are flying up to Portland in August so that I can drive over to the White Mountains in New Hampshire to hike up the Tuckerman Ravine Trail to the summit of Mount Washington.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
We "springerized" last week without much trouble (and a little advice from Roger H). We took our very first trip in "Yetti" -- he and the tow performed flawlessly. Went to the beach at Newport Oregon -- had one spectacular sunny day and just a little rain. We've got 6 trips planned between now and fall, including the Northern Oregon gathering next month and the Oregon Gathering in Bandon in July.

Hope to see you there!

Eric, Lorn, Roger & Homer
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #8

Quote:
My aunt and uncle lived in Gardiner ME until they died a few years ago. (Old age...they lived very long, very happy lives.)

My wife and I are flying up to Portland in August so that I can drive over to the White Mountains in New Hampshire to hike up the Tuckerman Ravine Trail to the summit of Mount Washington.
Hey Bob for sure its a climb worth makeing but just make sure the weather if right.
I use to hike and climb until back in the mid 90's an old injury (broken hip) stopped that but in 2004 had a new replacement put in and will be going again this year so when your in the area LOOK me up.
Or we may want to do some trout fishing although late in the season I know where we can go to catch enough to have supper.
Here is my E-mail Address. Noreaster @ fairpoint.net
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 03-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #9

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
Come Tuesday, my U Haul swamp cooler becomes history. It's being replaced with a Fantastic Fan.

The camper has been scrubbed from top to bottom inside and out.

Got keys made for the door lock. The camper door gaskets have been replaced, the propane system has been upgraded and tested out. I rewired the brake lights, turn signals and running lights. Electrical systems all work.

Spring has sprung. The grass has rise. The weather has warmed up to mid 70's days and low 50's nights.

TIME TO GO CAMPING!
drews60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Come Tuesday, my U Haul swamp cooler becomes history. It's being replaced with a Fantastic Fan.

The camper has been scrubbed from top to bottom inside and out.

Got keys made for the door lock. The camper door gaskets have been replaced, the propane system has been upgraded and tested out. I rewired the brake lights, turn signals and running lights. Electrical systems all work.

Spring has sprung. The grass has rise. The weather has warmed up to mid 70's days and low 50's nights.

TIME TO GO CAMPING!
Moving the Scamp to the shop today for its Spring remodel...... NOG is coming!!! And the wench (AKA as MS "Always" Right ) is getting itchy to get on the road.. (guess I'd better get busy on the new curtains also) Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #11

Went down back to see if Lady-bug was ready to move to around front and even though there is bare ground all around her the access road to get down back still has 6 inches of ice and snow, and today......MORE OF THE SAME COMEING FROM THE SKY.
Next week I do have a furnace tech comeing to take a look at the old Duo-Therm so I may have to shovel some snow out from the shady/door side of her.
I am getting some work done on the tug...new waterpump and timeing belt and it will be set for another season .
"SNOW, SNOW, GO AWAY, COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY...LITTLE GERRY WANTS TO PLAY, IN HIS 13 FT BOLER TODAY".
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 04-03-2007, 04:28 AM   #12

Yeah, cold weather is even coming back for a brief visit here in the South in a couple of days. They're calling for sub-freezing temperatures here in Matthews NC by Thursday.

Took my truck in for a complete servicing yesterday and had much work done (all new belts). Ended up spending over $1100 with the dealership making sure the Nissan is good for another 100K miles. I noticed that it drives much better and I suspect my gas mileage will improve.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We joined friends and headed out in the Burrito for Belnap springs campground last week. We had a couple of days of sunshine, a couple of intermittent rain and all with adventure and laughter. It was fun to see sites 1-3 filled with two Burros and 1 airstream Bambi.

We are planning for the next adventure on the coast before heading for the Northern Oregon Gathering! Looking forward to seeing others of you there.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 AM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Last week i went and looked over my rig.I wanted to see what i had to do too get ready for spring camping.Found a few things need repair,no big deal.Yesterday on my first day off from work was planned to be fix up day.It was -18C and very fresh snow.Repairs put on hold.Man this has been one long winter.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Gerry:

We had lived in Lmestone Maine in the early 70s -- arrived at Loring AFB the year of the oil crisis (same year the base had converted from coal cemtral heat to oil) -- had no heating oil in base housing from mid Jan through the end of Feb -- a memorable experience!!

Living in Northern Maine -- I've gone land-locked salmon fishing on Memorial day weekend and got the car stuck in a snow pile putting the boat in the water. I've grilled weiners and burgers with the neighbors on the 4th of July while wearing parkas. My kids went door to door Trick or Treating every year wearing the same costume for 4 years in a row -- mask and snowsuit. I've seen it snow as early as the second week in Sep and last well into June.

... now we live in Virginia Beach -- wonder why?

Gerry - I feel your pain. Hope it warms up for you so you can get to the Casita before you have to REwinterize.
Ed Felker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #16

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Happy Easter. It's 24*F here in Eastern Iowa this morning. Brrrrr... will it NEVER warm up?

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #17

We had planned to go camping last weekend, but Oregon dumped on us. Then Wednesday it was sunny and warm. Thursday Roger, Homer (the 4 legged ones pictured) and I took off for Cape Lookout State Park -- a beautiful spot on the northern Oregon coast. We had 2 perfect summer days -- calm winds, sun and a park 1/4 full. This was trip #2 with Bigfoot and she performed flawlessly. After 3 seasons of towing, I experienced my first sway while descending a bumpy windy hill. Couldn't figure out why till I was about to back up into our camping spot. Hopped out to loosen the sway bar first and guess what? I'd never tightened it! I can't imagine towing without the insurance of that piece of steel.

Going to Oregon's tulip festival in Woodburn today.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #18

The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival at Woodburn, Oregon today. The farm had hundreds of visitors from all over the world touring the extensive gardens. It was delightful.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1311__2_.JPG   IMG_1302__2_.JPG  

Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 AM   #19

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival at Woodburn, Oregon today. The farm had hundreds of visitors from all over the world touring the extensive gardens. It was delightful.
Braggart! !

Great shots! We had a high of 32 yesterday and overnight lows this weekend of 15-17*F ... and not looking much better here for the rest of the week! A snow/rain mix is forecast for the rest of the week here...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #20

Sorry to rub it in. I spent 15 years in Kansas and Illinois, so I feel your pain, Roger.