De-Winterizing Weather Question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #21

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Bob, Patrick, Zach, and Paul,

I appreciate your thoughts and comments. The snow did not materialize here, but it is cold. Five of the next six nights will be below freezing, including a couple of nights at 21. Gosh, and 75 the day before yesterday.

Take care,

Dean
Old 03-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #22

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Paul; watch the weather, looks like snow coming across the northeast Tuesday and Wednesday. We just got home from wintering in the southeast. EDIT; heading both south in Nov. and back north last weekend we overnighted at Natural Bridge VA KOA, just off 81
We once spent a night at the Natural Bridge KOA, but it is too far to reach in one day from VT.
We have watched the weather and postponed departure. 15" of fluffy snow this morning, low temps down to 10F, but 36F already at 10am and sunny. After this the roads should be fine. I heard Lake Placid got 40 inches!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We stayed at Natural Bridge KOA when we went south last November, and on our way home 10 days ago. About 9 hours from there to home, which is 20 miles south of Albany. Someone had recommended Western Village campground near Harrisburg PA, and we were going to stop there on our way home but decided to just run all the way home from Natural Bridge. two feet of snow here.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #24

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
I'm in the process of selling my home in Upstate New York on Vermont stage line. Buyer said he could close the deal on April first...since our travel trailer will be our home while searching for a new home in North or South Carolina it would be impossible to get it off our property since Tuesday's snow storm has encased it in 5 foot snow drifts.
Can't figure how anyone can determine how much actual snow we got Tuesday.
Some spots on my property have 5 to 6 foot snow drifts while some spots have a few inches. We has about 50 MPH winds with the heavy snow all day Tuesday into the night....now you know why we are departing New York...extreme winters and even more extreme taxes.
The last two years we used Shendoah Valley Campground in Virginia just off of
I81 and just south of the West Virginia state line....easy on and easy off...almost all of the sites were pull-thrus, with full hook- ups, nice pool when the weather is warm.
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote