Decided to order the Oliver - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #41

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Cool. I've seen the Presto-fit as well - they come with caps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
A simple alum. "baffle" plate welded into the storage area to divide it Robert would be the perfect solution there and have a compartmentalized area to safely store both sewer/water hose etc.

I always screw the ends of my water hose together along with the regulator. Just need to make sure they're drained.

For what it's worth, I sure wish OTHER manufacturers had "reps" to participate in some of these discussions of their trailers to view issues/concerns/suggestions!! Looks like Robert is Oliver's guy! Thanks
We'll look into that partitioning idea. There are a lot of changes we have made over time that come from our customers. I am still chained to a desk and unable to travel for now so I have to listen to others with the real experience.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #43

Trailer: 1989 Scamp 13 ft
Olivers are built well.

A few months back I was given a plant tour by Robert Partee. I was extremely impressed with the way they are built. From the frame up they are built like tanks. A lot of quality workmanship and materials go into these trailers. They should last for many years.
DENNIS ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #44

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Partee View Post
I am still chained to a desk and unable to travel for now
As Jed Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies would say; “Pi-tee-ful, just pi-tee-ful”! If an old broken down individual can give you some advice. Get away from that desk and recharge. I squandered a lot of my young adulthood working 50-60-70-even 80+ (really) hours a week. I have a little to show for it but having the time back would be better. Praise the Lord, he sent me a little bundle of joy later in life and I am finally taking the time to enjoy life a little and see it through the joy in a young girl’s eyes. Get your work done during the week, get away on the weekends.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #45

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dennis, I'm sure that the Oliver is well built particularly after going thru a couple of them.

The reality is that fiberglass trailers are generally well built, indicated by the age of so many of them on this forum. Our son's Scamp is 37 years old and ours is 23. Fiberglass trailers have an inherent strength.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #46
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Dennis, I'm sure that the Oliver is well built particularly after going thru a couple of them.

The reality is that fiberglass trailers are generally well built, indicated by the age of so many of them on this forum. Our son's Scamp is 37 years old and ours is 23. Fiberglass trailers have an inherent strength.
Hey Norm and Ginny,
When I first became involved with this project I had to research and get educated to the fiberglass trailer products. It was amazing how well they held up and how people would buy units that the company's had been out of business for some time, rehab the interiors etc and have a great unit. Not to forget how they all hold their value really well.
It was that research that lead us to give the Oliver the same quality on the interior that the outer shells have. With no wood used in the construction of the inner and outer shells in 20 to 30 years the Oliver would only have to be cleaned up, replace the vinyl flooring and the cushions and your good to go. Even the aluminum frame will be in great shape from lack of rust. I am looking forward to seeing these units over the years providing lots of memories to the people that own them.
I think we would all agree that fiberglass trailers are better than a stick built any day!
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #47

South Carolina
I'm of the belief that if you take care of something, it's lifespan is essentially indefinite.

To me, the double wall construction is second to none. Hopefully this is the last trailer I ever buy. You still have to plan for refurbishments from time to time - probably fabrics in 5 years, electronics in 10 years.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #48

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Robert,

I do like the inner shell concept particularly if the space between them contains insulation. However, I also like the carpeted inner surfaces as well.

Wood is a great material, and can virtually last for ever as well. I particularly like wood over glass or plastic for cabinet doors or a table top.

One of the side features of all the fiberglass rigs is that they come virtually colorless and you can highlight them in your own way.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #49

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Wood is a great material, and can virtually last for ever as well. I particularly like wood over glass or plastic for cabinet doors or a table top.
We all differ in our likes, but mine is to have some wood too. I love the warm tones associated with it. It makes me feel more comfy.

Nonetheless, the Oliver is most definitely a well built unit.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #50

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Belbien applied to the interior would enhance the look and still be very light & durable. Architectural Film | Vinyl Laminate | Architectural Cladding | Belbien

It comes in just about any simulation you can think of. I saw a "rock crawler"
with the fiberglass hood done in this to simulate brushed aluminum, and large PVC covered in a cherry wood simulation to look like expensive columns in a bank....they could also simulate marble.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #51

South Carolina
For anyone interested, here's a list of the options I went with:

Fiber Granite countertops .
Twin bed layout. One bed with upgraded mattress, one used as sofa.
Solar setup - 320 watt panels, controller, transfer switch, Four 6v AGM batteries 400 ah.
Xantrax 2000 watt inverter
Front cap mounted generator hookup w/ transfer switch
Wifi Ranger
Cellular Signal Booster
King powered TV antenna (normally they supply King Dome, but I'm having a TV antenna fitted instead)
30 lb twin propane tanks
Additional interior lights (4)
Additional street side awning
Arctic insulation package (this will be their first trailer with this option?)
Old 10-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #52

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
Additional street side awning
Curious as to your reasoning on this one, Ron. The street side of our trailer usually has the least favoured side towards it, and is usually a bank of trees.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #53

South Carolina
Well, not everywhere is like that. Also, if you don't crank it all the way, it will essentially be a window shade.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #54

Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Ron,

Wow. That's a loaded trailer. I wish I had known about the Artic insulation package when we signed the final build sheet. Even in Florida insulation is something I gladly pay extra for.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #55

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sounds nice Ron. When are you scheduled to pick it up? If possible, I would like to possibly take a look at it. (30 min away) The two awnings is intriguing.

Darral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
Well, not everywhere is like that. Also, if you don't crank it all the way, it will essentially be a window shade.

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #56

South Carolina
Decided to order the Oliver

The Owner's of Oliver have a trailer with the two awnings - basically a his and hers.

Scheduled for late February

Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #57

Name: bob
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Elite
Utah
You will have a really nice, loaded trailer. You are going to love your Oliver. We have one on order as well.
bobjanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #58

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
The dual awning option on the Oliver LE II was envisioned from the beginning of production in 2013. The upper body shell is molded with the provisions for mounting the second one. At least one of the original 17 footers had two awnings mounted. Seems that folks that show at craft shows use that side to display their wares.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #59

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm excited for you! Whatever brand/model of all molded towable a person chooses to purchase, I'm EXCITED for them!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #60

Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Oliver

A few photos of our Ollie under construction. Targeting a deliver in late November. Oliver has been so easy to work with. We sent them our own Delta faucet to substiture for the standard one...no problem. I asked for CPAP outlets and plugs above both beds...no problem. Add a six gage wire for future solar, easy.

Photos won't load. I have them on my blog at [URL="http://emeraldcoastcamper.com Click the Oliver tab
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Tags
oliver