Delorme Map App for Phone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Delorme Map App for Phone

DeLorme has FINALLY gotten around to coming up with an app for iPhones and Android. I've used their Windows-based system since release 1.0 and have been very happy with it. I use their little GPS puck on my Win8.1 tablet and it works like gangbusters. But... I've always wanted it on my phone.

Here it is: http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=35408&promotion=1012 7§ion=10900

I've been playing with it for a day, and I like it. You pay $29.95 for a yearly subscription. What that gets you is the ability to download DETAILED maps to your phone and then use them even when you don't have a signal.

As contrasted to Google and the like, it won't plan a route for you.

This is a V1, so there is no doubt going to be some improvements...but I'm hopeful.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I got the TomTom app and it sounds very similar. Took some getting used to, and the volume on my Nexus 7 leaves something to be desired. It runs the battery down fast so that even with a charger it only keeps roughly the same level of charge (with screen on max brightness which is needed for daylight nav).Offline use also works on the TomTom app, live traffic if you have data, and $5 less per year. YMMV
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote