Desturbing sight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Desturbing sight

Was watching the discovery channel show fools gold last night when the idiots i mean characters on the show found a boler or scamp in the bush . Looked ruf but I've restored worse . They decided to get it out of there way of finding gold by loading it with blasting powder and blowing it to bits not a pretty sight. In the end they foundd a piece of gold the size of a grain of sand the trailer could of been restored and been much more valuable than that bit of gold. What a waste
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Its discouraging what passes as entertainment these days....
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #3

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Likely the producers bought a perfectly good trailer, dirtied it up, ratted it out, bought some C4................added interest. Some of the guys on these "reality shows" have complained for not being allowed to wear there dental bridges. Missing teeth make it more "real" I suppose. Don't watch 'em....detritus in the surf.............
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
At least it was missing the door before they blew it up... those doors are true GOLD for some Boler owners.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I did not watch the show but saw the commercials and thought it was a boler. What a waste. I would have bought it to restore. But they thought they were RICH when the found a sand pebble worth of gold. Looked like a bit of dirt to me. I don't understand who they make these shows for. But there are IDIOTS out there everywhere.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hard though it may be to believe, there really are some trailers out there that are not worth saving.

Except perhaps temporarily by some flipper that knows how to market the old bag o' bones as an "original' or "collectible" or some other who-shot-John.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Francesca, how can you say such a thing! LOL. In the right hands anything can be saved. I have seen some bolers on here with crushed in roofs that have come back to life. Yes there are costs involved but if you take your own labour out of the equation as it is a hobby after all, then it is just the price of materials. And then it would usually be a Custom Rebuild and would probably never be sold anyway.

I have seen completely rusted out old cars restored to be car show "Best of Show Winners" so in the right hands why cant Fiberglass campers have the same thing done to them.

My own 1971 Boler was an empty shell when I bought it 2 years ago and the only original part is the shell and the closet. The rest is all custom built. You should have seen the look on my wife and my friends faces when we pulled up to buy it (18 hour drive each way) and I looked at it and said it was perfect for the plans I had in my head. After that my friend did the same thing with a Ventura. He gutted it and rebuilt it to the way he wanted it to be. It is only money, but at least 2 campers have been saved and are now built to what the owners want and not what the original factories think we needed. Weather we spend our money on a custom camper or a custom car our what ever other hobby, it keeps us busy so we are not sitting on the couch watching the Idiot Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hard though it may be to believe, there really are some trailers out there that are not worth saving.

Except perhaps temporarily by some flipper that knows how to market the old bag o' bones as an "original' or "collectible" or some other who-shot-John.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote