Did it! Order in! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1984
Wally World and my wife made matching bedding and curtains. Worked out well

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #22

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hey Administrators! We really, really need a LIKE button so's we can LIKE respondents posts!
I will not be allowed to glamp. It's a joint project (altho I initiated and paid for it) and after 35 years I am somewhat resigned to my fate. At least I got to make some changes on the engineering/construction side. I can miter the corners on a flat sheet with the best of them. Sometimes I think we're the last 2 people in the world to sleep on a full bed (although we have an old Cali King back in the city- changed out the waterbed balloon mattress in 2003 when DH had hip surgery). There is a mattress that comes on the Snoozy and the upgrade is to memory foam, which neither of us can stand. And someone else once posted that you might as well make Wally world your first stop after taking delivery and get a bed topper he said would cost over $100- but I can't find that expensive of a bed topper in my local WM. And I don't recall what it was called.
Thanks for the hint about airing out the camper. I will get in touch with the factory a little closer to the pickup date about that.
And thanks for the links!
Old 04-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #23

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Mitzi,
I guess you mean you will not be allowed to "glamp" because it will be too "over the top" for your man! My husband does indulge me a bit but I never get too "girlie". Here's a pattern I've been keeping my eye on from Walmart. It's a bed in a bag so it has 2 shams, a comforter, sheets and pillowcases for under $50. It's called Mainstays Cabin Bed-in-a-Bag. Mainstays Cabin Bed in a Bag Coordinated Bedding Set - Walmart.com Best of all, it's an outdoorsy style.

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #24

Florida
And my screenname on some other forums is Grandmother Bear...because the only thing more terrifying than a sow bear in defense of her cubs is an old Grandmother bear in defense of her grandkids...Thanks for the link !
Old 04-18-2016, 10:28 AM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
I guess I'm not cut out for glamping.

Fortunately, my wife shares my taste in interior design - modern. I'd love to make the interior of the Casita resemble the set from Mad Men season 1.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:41 AM   #26

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Mitzi,
I thought of another comfortable mattress pad. Natural wool makes for a comfy bed surface. In fact, it is used in hospitals to prevent bedsores. Warm Things sells them and I love mine!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #27

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Thank you all, especially those who added in the need-immediately-on pickup list. Okay, water hose and pressure regulator, filter, leveling pads, chocks, 200 watt heater. What does anyone think about the digital temperature gun you point at your tires? The article said that a tire would heat up prior to blowing.
I have 2 different sizes of electric skillets, and 2 different sized electric kettles. I've been thinking about an insulated carafe to hold hot water after breakfast, so we won't keep on running the microwave to heat up our coffee like in the retirement cabin.
We chose the following options 1. Generator and tongue cover 2. Microwave 3. Thetford cassete toilet (the one that is a little cassete on wheels removeable from the outside) 4. large extra window passenger side 5. Extra storage portal drivers side 6. Spare tire 7. Spare tire mount 8. Truckfridge to replace Magic Chef Fridge.
9. Majic Vent in Bathroom. I think that's all. May get some replacement batteries for my Xantrex Solar Harvester from 2006.
DH asked for the Thetford cassete toilet upgrade as he wasn't sure we'de be physically up to the contortions and gyrations required to empty the Qobe. (cheaper) toilet.
trying to remember the last time I went camping. Possibly 2007?? That was the summer I bought a tent larger than my first apartment, took a month's loa from my job, rented a van and took my 13 an 8 year old grandchildren north with the spring?? No, wait- it was 2013- when I took DS and family white water rafting on the Chatooga River- a river that DS and I rafted 23years earlier! If yurt camping even counts as camping...sorta like a barebones cabin experience...
Now the important part- WHERE does one get fitted sheets for the short Queens featured in RVs, and what sort of a MATTRESS TOPPER do you have? Prefer not to use the Therma rests. With repeated back injuries both of us will need good padding on the bed.
i am planning to order a snoozy this summer and am watching your adventure with excitement.....

i will use a single class 24 trojan battery and the about to be released high effiviency renogy 100 watt solar panel. i prefer the nova kool r3800 fridge as it is very low current draw, 2.2 amps nominal, 50% duty cycle, so 1.1 amp average, about 26 amp hours per day. a bit less capacity, but fits the cavity. the solar panel should deliver about 30 amp hours on a good day.

isnt the standard cassette toilet the one without wheels? will the one with wheels fit in the same cavity? did you have to pay more than the version with no wheels?

consider the rival 2 quart slow cooker, you can use it for heating soups, liquids, slow cooking, cooking rice, making iced tea, and baking. small footprint.

is the drivers side storage portal a door to the below bed storage? is it outside access, perhaps identical to the passenger side portal but on opposite side? is it a window that opens? can you lock it?

which pressure regulator will you buy?
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #28

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Hey Administrators! We really, really need a LIKE button so's we can LIKE respondents posts!
I will not be allowed to glamp. It's a joint project (altho I initiated and paid for it) and after 35 years I am somewhat resigned to my fate. At least I got to make some changes on the engineering/construction side. I can miter the corners on a flat sheet with the best of them. Sometimes I think we're the last 2 people in the world to sleep on a full bed (although we have an old Cali King back in the city- changed out the waterbed balloon mattress in 2003 when DH had hip surgery). There is a mattress that comes on the Snoozy and the upgrade is to memory foam, which neither of us can stand. And someone else once posted that you might as well make Wally world your first stop after taking delivery and get a bed topper he said would cost over $100- but I can't find that expensive of a bed topper in my local WM. And I don't recall what it was called.
Thanks for the hint about airing out the camper. I will get in touch with the factory a little closer to the pickup date about that.
And thanks for the links!
mitzi, richard told me the mattress is one inch shorter than standard queen in both length and width. i am planning to use standard bedding, although if i go with the fitted bottom sheet (elastic, curved, fitted corners) it might help to slightly modify it, or maybe just dry on high heat in dryer to shrink to fit. one inch is very little.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:04 PM   #29

Florida
Ransom- lots of questions! In no particular order- Yes, the Thetford upgrade is the wheeled cassette and external access, it costs $599 extra. The extra storage portal is a door, same size as on passenger side, that will give us 3 accesses to the underbed storage, which is where I plan to also stash the cat litter box and kitty beds. I love slow cookers, DH doesn't. I think I would look at the 1 to 1.5 l slow cookers before the 2 l one. I think a lot of DH's problem stems fro the days I was working fulltime, the kids were in Scouts and athletics, and I was also an officer in the local Florida Trail Association- I'd make a pot of something in the big slowcooker on Sunday and we'd eat on it till Wednesday With just us two there is a drastic reduction in the amount of food to be cooked. Fortunately he's accepting of the 1.5 l Hawkins pressure cooker, and I am going to track down a 1.5 cup rice cooker. I love my 3 cup rice cooker, but I only ever fix 1/2 cup raw=1 c cooked rice anymore. And slow cooked rice is just plain mushy. The truckfridge is what LilSnoozy generally recommends if you want to upgrade from the Magic Chef.
Bought a Xantrex solar harvester in 2006 but somehow wound up with totally discharged batteries around 2010, right about the time I suffered a serious work related accident and had to treat Physical therapy like it was my job for 40 hours per week- I know I need to track down some replacements for the Xantrex- but I just haven't had time!!
Hmm, Think I got to all the questions!??
Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #30

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Mitzi - I am late to this discussion, but wanted to let you know our experience with our Snoozy. We also are one of the few couples left who have slept in a double bed for 48 years. We find the Snoozy bed just fine - we have not needed any sort of topper - it is fine as it comes. The mattress is roomy for us.

The Thetford toilet works fine - using recommended Thetford Campa-Chem (I got mine from Amazon) in that cassette really works. All breaks down and is de-smelled (is that a word) and not at all unpleasant to empty in a regular toilet. It has been worth every penny to get this upgrade. It is easy to remove from the outside access panel and we have been very happy with it.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote