Did it! Order in! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #1

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Did it! Order in!

Yes, I mailed off my 40% deposit to LilSnoozy yesterday! I am already starting to "nest" (never allowed to before in this marriage) looking at and buying toaster oven bakeware, and considering buying separate 1.5 L pressure cooker and separate towels (camptowels, ultra absorbent)silicone folding tubs etc. Hopefully the kitties will acclimatize to the trailer and consider it an extension of the retirement cabin they like to play in.

I am a total newby to containerized camping, hopefully when I pick it up in 22 weeks I will be able to get instruction on how to fill and empty the water tanks, set up the generator, LEVEL the trailer, etc...
Old 04-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations, Mitzi!

Most manufacturers provide a basic orientation, yes. I'd recommend reserving a few days in a nearby campground as a shakedown before heading home.

In addition to the inside stuff, you will need some outside stuff, like extension cords and adapters, water hose and pressure regulator, leveling blocks, that kind of thing.

When our first child was on the way, we did what a lot of first-time parents do: we went crazy buying baby stuff based on what we thought we would need or want. After the baby came, of course we went on a road trip to the grandparents. All the stuff completely filled the back of our minivan! I'm embarrassed to admit now how much of it only got used once or twice.

At least the gestation is only 22 weeks for your new baby! Save some money for camping...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Amazon and the local UPS delivery guy became my best buddies for a few months after I placed an order for a brand new Escape trailer................

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Good times ahead for you Mitzi.

Don't forget to get a journal. Document your travels. When the day comes you no longer travel, you can read back to all the experiences and memories and relive them.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #5

Name: Thomas
Trailer: 22' Home Built
Ohio
Registry
I understand Mitzi since we are getting ready for our first shakedown trip. It's like a nervous, slightly apprehensive rush towards adventure. Ok- too over the top , I know, but it's how I am looking at it. I think Jon is right about going overboard with stuff that you may not get much use out of, I'm sure I have done that already. But, what a fun thought process, to plan and visualize, getting ready to go somewhere you have never been before. "I wonder what's up around the next bend?", "Let's go try that restaurant we read about", "How about a game of cards, Rummy or Hearts, Spades or Eucher"...oh..."smores tonight", "look at those stars", "Is that tire low?" Adventure, for sure. Your gonna love that new camper.
OhTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhTom View Post
I think Jon is right about going overboard with stuff that you may not get much use out of, I'm sure I have done that already.
I know I did with my first trailer! LOL real easy to do. Even with my Scamp I would try and start every camping year out by cleaning out items I had not used the year prior .... last week while transferring items out of my Scamp to my new to me trailer it became clear I had apparently missed a lot!

Once you attend a trailer meet or two you will have a list of items you had never thought of getting that you now must have. In some cases they are items that are a far more functional in more ways than an similar item you had previously purchased and you will wish you had not wasted your money on the one you have ...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #7

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Congrats Mitzi! You're going to love it. Let the sccesorizing begin.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #8

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Congrats Mitzi!! You are indeed going to love it!! When you get your Snoozie home, I'd suggest you camp a couple nights in your backyard or driveway, and you'll quickly figure out most supplies you need that you might otherwise have overlooked (like a papertowel holder and little organizers or wall hooks dedicted to keeping flashlights, keys and such were you can always find them). Once you're ready to hit the road, three quick things I'd recommend before using campsite potable water (which can vary a lot) if you don't already have them: 1) an in-line water pressure regulator, 2) an in-line charcoal filter and 3) a 25' garden hose dedicated to your water supply. You can find all of those at most Wal-Mart stores in the camper supplies section in the automotive area. If you're not already familiar with Camping World (http://www.campingworld.com; 14 stores in Florida), that's a fun place to snoop around and spend way too much money buying lots of cool camping stuff that you probably don't really need. Finally, one thing we use a LOT is an electric teapot for quick hot water to make instant anything (coffee, tea, hot cereal, mashed potatoes, etc., etc.) with hot water leftover for washing up the dishes. Congrats again! Camp on!!! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #9

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Congrats!
When we started camping I seemed to need and buy everything.
Over the years I have thinned out the stuff and now take just what i will use.
We have an 11" electric skillet, small toaster and a one cup coffee maker.
We use compostable paper plates but use our silverware from home. Dont like broken plastic to eat with.
Have used a toaster oven but discovered they get too hot and will damage walls.
It now stays at home.
We have a small solar charger to keep the battery charged.
We will be going to a rally in May and can't wait.
We havent camped in our Snoozy yet, we can set in it and eat or read in it-it's in our backyard.
Decorating is fun-ours is a lodge/bear theme.
The Snoozy tows very nice-no sway.
You will have a great time and make many memories.
Rich and Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #10

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
The one item I had trouble finding for my camper was the simple old-fashioned stove top coffee maker (percolator). I went to Walmart, Kmart and Target...none! Found one at a Cabelas (on line).

Must have items....(available at Walmrt) ...drinking water hose...30AMP adaptor plug....sewer hose (stinky slinky) get a quality one (Rino heavy duty) buy the two pack with an extra 10 ft. extension section...you will find that having an extra length of both sewer hose and drinking water hose do come in handy when the campground hookups are more than 15 feet from your trailer.
Also pick up (Walmart) a Camco inline drinking water filter(another must have).

There will be other items but remember your space is limited!

Happy Camping
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
...sewer hose (stinky slinky) get a quality one (Rino heavy duty) buy the two pack with an extra 10 ft. extension section...you will find that having an extra length of both sewer hose ....
The Lil Snoozy comes with a cassette toilet, doesn't need a sewer hose like this unless the trailer has been changed to a flush toilet and has a black water tank.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #12

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
The equipment list was for general travel trailer use and not specific for any brand.
My minimum standard for a travel trailer would include, a complete bathroom with flush toilet, shower etc and a kitchen with sink, hot and cold running water, cook top and refrigerator....life is too short to compromise on comforts when camping....IMHO....don't forget the A/C, HDTV and sound system while you are at it...CD in sound system...no cassette in sound system or toilet !!!��
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Yes, I mailed off my 40% deposit to LilSnoozy yesterday! I am already starting to "nest" (never allowed to before in this marriage) looking at and buying toaster oven bakeware, and considering buying separate 1.5 L pressure cooker and separate towels (camptowels, ultra absorbent)silicone folding tubs etc. Hopefully the kitties will acclimatize to the trailer and consider it an extension of the retirement cabin they like to play in.

I am a total newby to containerized camping, hopefully when I pick it up in 22 weeks I will be able to get instruction on how to fill and empty the water tanks, set up the generator, LEVEL the trailer, etc...

Someone's dancing in the kitchen. Good for you.
Do your kitties have a favorite bed, blanket or toy that you can take along. It will help them aclamatize.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #14

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Thank you all, especially those who added in the need-immediately-on pickup list. Okay, water hose and pressure regulator, filter, leveling pads, chocks, 200 watt heater. What does anyone think about the digital temperature gun you point at your tires? The article said that a tire would heat up prior to blowing.
I have 2 different sizes of electric skillets, and 2 different sized electric kettles. I've been thinking about an insulated carafe to hold hot water after breakfast, so we won't keep on running the microwave to heat up our coffee like in the retirement cabin.
We chose the following options 1. Generator and tongue cover 2. Microwave 3. Thetford cassete toilet (the one that is a little cassete on wheels removeable from the outside) 4. large extra window passenger side 5. Extra storage portal drivers side 6. Spare tire 7. Spare tire mount 8. Truckfridge to replace Magic Chef Fridge.
9. Majic Vent in Bathroom. I think that's all. May get some replacement batteries for my Xantrex Solar Harvester from 2006.
DH asked for the Thetford cassete toilet upgrade as he wasn't sure we'de be physically up to the contortions and gyrations required to empty the Qobe. (cheaper) toilet.
trying to remember the last time I went camping. Possibly 2007?? That was the summer I bought a tent larger than my first apartment, took a month's loa from my job, rented a van and took my 13 an 8 year old grandchildren north with the spring?? No, wait- it was 2013- when I took DS and family white water rafting on the Chatooga River- a river that DS and I rafted 23years earlier! If yurt camping even counts as camping...sorta like a barebones cabin experience...
Now the important part- WHERE does one get fitted sheets for the short Queens featured in RVs, and what sort of a MATTRESS TOPPER do you have? Prefer not to use the Therma rests. With repeated back injuries both of us will need good padding on the bed.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
A tire pressure monitoring system can alert you to low tire pressure or excessive tire temperature. I've used these on my last 3 trailers and never had to change a tire on the side of the road:

507 Starter System Kit - Starter Systems, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - Truck System Technologies

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #16

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You asked about bedding? You've asked the right gal! You'll get lots of other opinions as well. A comfortable bed is KEY to having a great camping experience. The LilSnoozy has the cutest bed alcove ever! I have a 13' Scamp, which I adore, but I do have "bed alcove" envy! You could put up a curtain in the alcove which will give you privacy so you can sleep in as well as providing a decorative element.

Your bed size area, according to the LilSnoozy website is 63” x 79” (34 sq. ft.). A queen size mattress is 60" x 80". A full size mattress is 54" x 74". (The 13' Scamp bed is about 43" x 75", smaller than a "full" and commonly called a three-quarter full.) I think regular size queen sheets should fit your LilSnoozy mattress. It's not clear from the LilSnoozy website if a mattress, or curtains, pillows, bedding, come with your trailer. Because three sides of the mattress are butted against walls I think it will be easier to make the bed with flat sheets, but I could be wrong. It is difficult to find flat sheets sold separately but they are available from Warm Things. Note: other places will also offer them but I have found this store (which is near my home in San Rafael and San Francisco) to have consistent excellent quality and fair prices. If you don't want Thermarest you could get a European style featherbed (or down alternative) also from WarmThings.

With the Scamp bed I had to makeshift all our bedding due to it's non-standard size. Search "Gilda bed" to see my previous postings regarding my bedding solutions.

Enjoy your new Lil Snoozy!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #17

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Now that we've discussed bedding it's time to talk "glamping"!

You may want to personalize your trailer with curtains, pillows and accessories to your taste. You may see some of my glamping interiors by searching "Gilda decor" or "Gilda decorating" on this website. Yes, I admit that I go a bit overboard as I like to decorate according to our travel theme. These have included The Southwest, Fall Foliage, Wine Country, 1950's/Route 66 and more! You, however, might just want to settle on one look that strikes your fancy.

You can find fabrics at fabric stores but other sources include "bed-in-a-bag sets", curtains, sheets, shower curtains, etc. If you can get the fabrics on sale, so much the better!

If you don't sew, find someone who can or learn to sew. Pillows and curtains are about the easiest sewing projects ever!

Most of all, have a great time in your new "Tiny House on Wheels"!
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 031.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 026.jpg   Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 062.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:25 PM   #18

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mitzi, congratulations on your new Lil Snoozy purchase. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on what your needs and wants are already. One thing some have noticed when they picked up their new trailer, was the off-gassing odor. It took a couple of weeks of ours being left with the windows and door open to to get rid of it. If the factory will have yours done prior to your pick-up, ask if they will let it air out until you get there. Happy Trails.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #19

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
I've been thinking about an insulated carafe to hold hot water after breakfast, so we won't keep on running the microwave to heat up our coffee like in the retirement cabin.
<cut>
Now the important part- WHERE does one get fitted sheets for the short Queens featured in RVs, and what sort of a MATTRESS TOPPER do you have? Prefer not to use the Therma rests. With repeated back injuries both of us will need good padding on the bed.
When off the grid I use a insulated carafe & use on top of it a silicone collapsable drip coffee filter holder (From REI) for making coffee. Keeps the coffee warm for a long time.

I made a customized fitted sheet for my Scamp from an oversized flat sheet - I purchased two of them originally thinking I was going to make two. But it turned out it was just as easy to make the bed with an oversized flat sheet as a bottom sheet as it was to make it with the fitted sheet and it stayed in place just as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:28 AM   #20

Trailer: Boler 1984
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1460899594.607294.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	94299Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1460899665.811161.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	94300