Did you name your camper? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #21

Name: Joy
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Thumbs up Scamp

My 13 foot 1979 Scamp is simply known as Sis. Once I finish painting the exterior, I intend to redesign the vinyl Scamp sticker to say Sis.
Sybilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #22

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
After I got married and left college, my dad gave me a land yacht- a big heavy brown Fury 1. The name was inevitable- I named him Nick Fury (after Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos/Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD)
My ex-husband then decided we needed to trade that in on a sporty looking car. I refused to cosign for a Fiat, so we get a blue Chevelle, named Blue Max. No better mileage than old Nick Fury, and it ate a quart of oil every week.
After that died, and I was a single mom having some problems getting to my nursing school's external labs using the D.C. public transportation, my mother gave a Toyota station wagon- little bigger than a matchbox, in those days. She had a big red car, and I was reading DD chapters every night from a Jim Kjelgard dog book named Big Red, so I named mine Little Red.
The car I bought myself after moving to Florida was a cream colored Toyota I named Sandy...
I know that the name for my Snoozy will come to me, just as all my other vehicle names did..
Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #23

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I named my Burro after a literary donkey who tagged along on questionable adventures - Sancho Panza's Rucio.

I refer to my Subaru Outback as The Lady Subaru because it's such a mom car, and my husband bought a BRZ on the same day I picked up the Outback...so it's distinguished from The Man Subaru.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #24

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
This thread is fun....people are so creative.

Our 16 foot Scamp was "Li'l Scamp". Dunno what the new owner will / does call her...if anything. I'll leave it to him to say if he has joined this forum.

The new to us 21 foot Escape was named "Black Jack" when CPAHarley had her/him, but we've rechristened her "The Mis-Adventure" as a sort of play on Miss Adventure and misadventure as we are often like the Griswolds on vacation in what we call our Madventures.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
As most probably know from the last few times this topic was brought up, I am extremely frustrated that so many have taken the name we chose for our trailer, to use for themselves. Where the heck is originality anyway

We call ours "The Trailer".
We take The Trailer"
We go to "The Trailer"
We camp with "The Trailer"
And...."The Trailer" has been in our family for 22 years now. Lol!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
We take The Trailer"
We go to "The Trailer"
We camp with "The Trailer"
And...."The Trailer" has been in our family for 22 years now. Lol!

Jim
You take that back, you plagiarizer, you!

I have been using that name for over 30 years now on various trailers, though I might not be the first.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #27
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
I view ours as a portal to adventure and relaxation. My five week a year escape from my day to day work life. Hence:
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #28

Name: Bill
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
The Fixer Upper ( 13' Trillium) that my wife and I purhased 1.5 years past has been lovingly named the "Hillbilly Hotel" due in part to the much much more work that is involved in trying to fix her up than first thought.
Material Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:32 AM   #29
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
When we first got our trailer there were lots of problems and I called it a lot of names.... none that I can repeat here Now it's just the Trillium. Raz

p.s. good engineer joke
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:16 AM   #30

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
When we first got our trailer there were lots of problems and I called it a lot of names.... none that I can repeat here Now it's just the Trillium. Raz

p.s. good engineer joke
Morning Raz, I've been down the same road with the name calling, mostly starting with a b. Don't think I would want to put a decal on the Casita though, people might think I was into breeding dogs .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:02 AM   #31

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
We named our Parkliner Daisy Mae after my grandmother Daisy Mae Campbell Alguire. It's a long story.

First I was gonna have some decals made up for it, then I was gonna have it painted on, but in the end, did nothing. DW wants a motorhome. I do not. Maybe not putting Daisy Mae on the egg is a good idea?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:22 AM   #32

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You take that back, you plagiarizer, you!

I have been using that name for over 30 years now on various trailers, though I might not be the first.

Ha! Maybe I have a twin after all.
The other Jim

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:26 AM   #33

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Up until a few years ago mine was known as "Ham in Egg" and just like Air force 1 whichever trailer that I was in assumed the name!

Then one colder than normal night in S. Florida as I slept inside a frozen beast succumbed to the cold in a tree overhead and dropped onto the roof of the Casita,scaring the crap right out of me of course.
I ran outside,in my underwear bearing nothing but a flashlight and Bear Mace and the beast looked back at me and then jumped off the roof on the other side and vanished into the darkness.

The Egguana was christened!

The beast description does seem to get longer too each time I retell the tail!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:31 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Ha! Maybe I have a twin after all.
The other Jim

C,mon now, you really want to say evil twin, don't you?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #35

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Our sweet little Scamp 13' standard was named Pullet Surprise. I have chickens, it's called an 'egg', and I'm a writer! Perfect!
Our current trailer is an Escape 19', which we've named 'The Double Yolker', twice as big and twice as nice!
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #36
Ria

Name: Ria
Trailer: Looking to buy soon
North Dakota
We thought about it for a while and my husband came up with the name while driving to work. Since we live in North Dakota very near where Lewis and Clark camped for the winter, we have named the tow vehicle Lewis and the Scamp is Clark. They also had a large dog on the journey and we intend to travel with our Great Dane so it is very appropriate. We are eggcited to start exploring with them this summer. Yes, we have a 13 footer for the 3 of us.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 AM   #37

Trailer: Escape
Name

Called last Boler Benny and my Escape is called Shelly. People often believe it my wife's name 🙂
Grant Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #38

Name: RoseMarie
Trailer: 1983 Scamp and 1981 Scotty
Virginia
And my Scamp name is

Steve!
RoseMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #39

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Well, here's how it goes even though it's not plastered on the side. For some reason, my daughter always calls my wife "Muffin"...lol. Then my son and son-i-law calls me "Mack" Daddy. SO, when we bought an "Egg" for a trailer, it seemed fitting that we'd call it "Egg-Mack-Muffin". No we dont get endorsements from McDonald's.

We had it called "The Bubble" (sarcastically ) by some friends...it didnt stick.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #40

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
We just acquired our Casita. Until we are sure that our relationship will last we have not given it a name, just like medieval times. I have referred to it as "Cassie" a couple of times which is nowhere as creative as some of the names assigned in this thread. Ask me in 4 to 5 years..................;]
Tom Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote