Did you name your camper? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #81

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Hi, our 13ft Scamp was named "Travelling Egg". Upon its sale, within the next week or so, we will transfer the name and license plate with that name to the new Escape on order.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #82

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hi, our 13ft Scamp was named "Travelling Egg". Upon its sale, within the next week or so, we will transfer the name and license plate with that name to the new Escape on order.
Interesting side note on license plates. Here in Mich. if you can find a license plate more than 20 years old and the vehicle or trailer is more than 20 years old you can get the "antique" plate registered to the vehicle.

So I found and purchased a 1976 Bi-Centennial plate with the 77 sticker for my 1977 Scamp. I have to send in color picture of plate and paper work to sec. of state but eventually will have a permanent 1977 trailer plate for the 1977 Scamp.

We actually considered getting plate from year of graduation from high school but apparently horse and buggies didn't usually have plates in Mich.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #83

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Interesting side note on license plates. Here in Mich. if you can find a license plate more than 20 years old and the vehicle or trailer is more than 20 years old you can get the "antique" plate registered to the vehicle.

So I found and purchased a 1976 Bi-Centennial plate with the 77 sticker for my 1977 Scamp. I have to send in color picture of plate and paper work to sec. of state but eventually will have a permanent 1977 trailer plate for the 1977 Scamp.

We actually considered getting plate from year of graduation from high school but apparently horse and buggies didn't usually have plates in Mich.
Roger, in California we don't have that set up, that I am aware of. My soon to be sold 05 Scamp 13 has had TRVL EGG plates from day one. Now that we have an Escape on order ( for retirement Canada and US coast to coast travel), we are transferring the plate over as its a lot longer but still an egg.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #84

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
2004 Trillium Outback named "Ruby Tuesday"

85 year old couple that I purchased it from had a beautiful standard bred black Poodle named Ruby who was very interested in our comings and goings.

And we came and went a few times since it was a long weekend (holiday) here and I wasn't able to transfer the ownership until Tuesday. It was an antsy few days wanting to get her home here after making a deposit on the Friday prior.

Besides, those of you 'of an age' will remember who/what "Ruby Tuesday" was!

Had a decal made with her name that was applied to a brand new spare tire cover which was mounted on the back of the trailer. Unfortunately near the end of an 8,000 mile journey to the Arctic Circle and beyond, on the worst washboard road I've ever been on, the tire mount broke off, chain, lock and all must have gone spinning off into the bushes somewhere. Too dusty to see anything out the rear mirrors of the truck to notice anything.

So now I'm thinking it might be the opportunity to re-name her. Since I have a love affair with the family 'Corvid" I might just call her "Raven Lunatic". To be decided.

Fun thread to read!
Old 06-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #85

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Auchtober wrote:

"My little trillium 1300 is a lovely warm yellow, and I'm a sci-fi geek, so I call it My Firefy. I picture the light being given off at night in the dark wilderness, and think "this is my Serenity!" So of course I call it My Firefly. . . "

Great name!

And thank you Joss Whedon for a wonderful show that died young. "Grr....Argh"
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #86

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Mine has a license plate holder that says "My Little Marshmallow" and is named Puff

Attached Thumbnails
Home 1.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #87

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Cozy-Casa is her name.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #88

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
My 1972 Compact Jr (which I haven't road-tripped to pick up yet) has already been dubbed 'Trailer Swift'.

Yep, I have a weird sense of humor.
Talia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #89

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Bryan,
Cute name and take on the Coca Cola logo! LOVE the awnings! How did you make and attach them? Do you take them off when traveling?
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #90

Name: Gordon
Idaho
Registry
Bryan,

Really love those wheels!

Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #91

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
The wheels are just re-pop 1957 Plymouth 15" caps from Summit Racing snapped in to the original Casita wheels. The 3" wide white walls are custom made extra load oversized radial tires. The awnings are removed before travel. The window box is a re-pop door push secured with suction cups with red Solo cups partially filled with expanding spray foam and heavy floral wire stuck into various size fishing bobbers. The awnings are secured to the trailer using VHB tape on PVC awning rails and furniture grade PVC pipe holds them up with suction cup ends. The accent stripes and lettering are custom vinyl.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #92

Name: ChrisAnn
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17CB
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
We thought about it for a while and my husband came up with the name while driving to work. Since we live in North Dakota very near where Lewis and Clark camped for the winter, we have named the tow vehicle Lewis and the Scamp is Clark. They also had a large dog on the journey and we intend to travel with our Great Dane so it is very appropriate. We are eggcited to start exploring with them this summer. Yes, we have a 13 footer for the 3 of us.
I'm going to be traveling in my 17'Bigfoot with my Great Dane as well. unfortunately I lost my 7yo Dane in Mar. Soon to be the new love of my life, I pick him up in mid July, not named yet....and neither is my trailer..

Solowalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #93

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
He's a beauty! I'd so love to hug him!
Old 06-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #94

Registry
Meet "Shelly," our first fiberglass trailer:
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 032 - Copy.JPG   Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 033.jpg  

Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 034.jpg  
Old 06-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #95

Registry
And introducing Peanut, one shell with two nuts in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 054.JPG   Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 066.JPG  

Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 056.JPG   PEANUT possible logo for amerigo trailer.jpg  

Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #96

Name: ChrisAnn
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17CB
Florida
Oh I love that!
Solowalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #97

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I have decided to call my Campster "Pup". I was joking around the other day about towing a trailer that serves as bathtub behind it and my friend mentioned that the name for trailers towed behind other trailers is a Pup. The Campster is so small that it feels like a little trailer one would tow behind another trailer and at the moment it is living next to a big cargo trailer so "Pup" it is.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:43 AM   #98

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Howdy—

Towing our new-to-us 2013 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe home from its previous owners in NH, just last month, I put on a Bill Monroe CD, while nervously glancing at the mirrors of our Ford Expedition to make sure our Casita was still following.

Then the classic Monroe song came on, "Close By." I knew right away that was the trailer's name: I really needed it to be Close By:

And now, I can look out my home-office window and there she is in the side yard: Close By.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #99

Name: Scott
Ohio
We call our 13' Scamp, Sallee. It's our names, Scott And Linda Lee.
sal6342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #100

Registry
Sallee--good one!

I love hearing all the trailer names. It really personifies these eggs.

You know, psychologists ("them, somewhere") say that if you put a bandanna or ruff on a dog, people feel more warmly toward it than one with just a collar or worse, naked.

I think naming these trailers helps us all feel even more warmly toward them than we do otherwise--and that's pretty warm!