Disaster Planning - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #1

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Disaster Planning

For those of you who full time or take extended long distance trips with your trailer. Do you have a contingency plan if the unthinkable happens and you crash a long way from home and your vehicles are not drive-able or tow-able? What is your plan to secure your belongings and is there someone you can call to help with this if you are injured?
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #2

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
If and when that happens I will let my insurance company deal with things. They cover some lodging and transportation. No plus to worry any further for the time being.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
We have USAA insurance, and they will take care of us!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #4

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
If I wasn't hurt but my tug and trailer was unusable due to wreck damage or major mechanical failure far from home and my insurance company wouldn't help, I'd buy a cheap car or truck and leave the damaged tug and/or trailer behind.

I've been in an almost that bad of a situation. My transmission in my tug went out 4 hours from home. I caught a ride with a friend home, and took another vehicle up to bring my camper home. The next day I hired a tow truck to bring the tug home. It was a $500 tow bill! (Ugh!).

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #5

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
To me, this most important part of diasaster planning is having my 4 cats microchipped and the chip company has a secondary contact if we are not available.

And just in case we have gone somewhere for just a long weekend and have left them at home with their weekend feeders stuffed, I have a dog tag on my key ring that Reads- My 4 cats are home alone, @ current address.

My spouse has seen too many incidents of people failing to secure their pets future. His will lists our animals and has me as the primary beneficiary and the secondary contact from the chip as sdecondary beneficiary in case I am incapable.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #6

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Mostly, that's what insurance and roadside assistance is for. That plus a cellphone, and in case I'm really in the middle of nowhere an Inreach Explorer satellite communicator. Beyond that, no detailed plan for belongings. I'd probably pack up the bare minimum into a suitcase and stay in a hotel while I figure out what to do next.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote