Do any of these fit really tall people? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #21

Name: Faith
Trailer: Shopping
Virginia
I checked out those egg campers they look awesome. Totally coveting one right now.
faithswins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Tacoma tow capacity

My 2008 Tacoma 4x4 V6 with tow package claims 6500 lbs. tow capability.
Don't know how that plays out in the real world, but it sounds like it should tow most trailers here. Anyone test this?

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
My 2008 Tacoma 4x4 V6 with tow package claims 6500 lbs. tow capability.
Don't know how that plays out in the real world, but it sounds like it should tow most trailers here. Anyone test this?

Fran
I'm pulling an Escape 21 around with a 6400 lb rated Taco with NO problems.........probably around 4200 pounds loaded.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #24

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I am only 5'11" but I learned my lesson on my first sailboat that had about 5'4" headroom in the cabin and I hated it and it went up for sale very quickly. Sorry I move around my cabin and don't want to be hunched over. My ParkLiner is nterior Height: 6′ 5″
Interior Width: 6′ 10″

It is plenty comfortable for me.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithswins View Post
I checked out those egg campers they look awesome. Totally coveting one right now.

Just know that they are all-electric, so you'll need hook-ups or a generator to be fully operational.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #26

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
My EggCamper is tall inside and there is no ceiling mounted air conditioner. AC is in a different location. My trailer is for sale. Currently I'm in Arizona but will be back home in Michigan on Feb 17.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
'08 4x4 V6 Tacoma Towing:

That's good to know, Charlie, in case we decide to tow something larger than the Compact II.
Thanks for mentioning your 'real world' experience. I'm thinking of maybe a Bigfoot 17. We recently adopted a big-boned Border Collie. Used to have a Doxie!

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
What about when the tall person goes horizontal - bed length? I read in some thread here that the Eggcamper bed is 53" x 75", is that correct? Does it have a shorter side toward the back and longer as you move away from the back curve or is it more uniform in size than that? My husband comes up with "I could sleep with my knees up." and I frown and say "Yeah, in my back, I don't think so." For us, we have 3 adults so it is a major challenge and we are ready to purchase but have nail down what it is that will work. Escape and Oliver are out of our comfort zone on price. Thanks!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
What about when the tall person goes horizontal - bed length? I read in some thread here that the Eggcamper bed is 53" x 75", is that correct? Does it have a shorter side toward the back and longer as you move away from the back curve or is it more uniform in size than that? My husband comes up with "I could sleep with my knees up." and I frown and say "Yeah, in my back, I don't think so." For us, we have 3 adults so it is a major challenge and we are ready to purchase but have nail down what it is that will work. Escape and Oliver are out of our comfort zone on price. Thanks!
No, that's not correct. The sleeping area goes side to side, the full width of the trailer, and the EggCamper is 88" wide. Maybe the mattress that is sold (as an option), in the EggCamper is only 75" long, but then there would be another foot+ of empty space next to it. In our EggCamper I cut down the width of a queen sized, (80 inches long), memory foam mattress to fit the width of the sleeping area, but the length was no problem. We even used the area at the foot of the bed as a convenient storage area.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #30

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
The interior headroom of the LIL Snoozy is 6' 4" and there is no roof mounted equipment.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #31

Thank you Ray N. I wondered what happened to the rest of the length although some of them have such a curve in the back, I just wasn't sure what the situation was with the EggCamper.

I know the bed in the Snoozy is a nice size one but the shorter sofa sleeper is a deal breaker in our case.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #32

Registry
Cathy, here is a picture of the bed in our (previously owned) EggCamper. That mattress is a full 80" long and, as you can see, there is still room at the foot of the bed. 6' 7" of headroom and no roof mounted equipment, (the AC is mounted in the side wall, under a seat).
Attached Thumbnails
Inside Back.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #33

Ray N: As they say "A picture is worth a thousand words" and that is a big bed! It was so kind of you to post this for us. Thank you. The EggCamper is the one that we just keep coming back to when we are looking.

I noticed you traded "up" and I bet you took that lovely quilt with you. It looks homemade and such pretty colors.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #34

Registry
Yes, my wife in an avid quilter; she has won many awards and has been in several national shows. There was no way that she would have let that quilt go with the camper.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #35

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
I am 6'4" and my wife and I have a Boler 1300. I have spent a lot of time in it this fall and winter while I have been renovating it and yes I have to stoop continuously. The Boler is only about 6' tall inside. I thought it might really bother me but it doesn't. But that is me. We have spent the last 25 years camping in backpacker tents and even a few summers sleeping in the minivan so I am not lookig for something to walk around in. Sitting and sleeping is what I want out of my trailer and thankfully, the bed is long enough! No matter what you pick, it needs to work for you!
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote