Do you bring music when camping like these folks? I have no talent, but do play a mean mp3 player. ;-) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Do you bring music when camping like these folks?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	116134

What instruments do you bring? Piano, upright base, harp, harmonica?

I have no talent, but do play a mean mp3 player. ;-)
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
bring music

5.00 portable radio

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
MP3 player, (everyone brings their own) and Ryobi radio / speaker.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #4

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Music is like magic

We have always had our cell phones that contain about 90% of our music collection. However, since we've added a television to our Bigfoot and an external speaker to provide better sound to the television, we can also hook the external speaker to either phone and pump out the JAMs.

But, we also intend to bring our Ukulele's this camping season so we can produce our own party tunes.

Funny story about camper music includes the discovery that I made while installing some extra cabinets inside of our old Scamp (now sold). I was working, very quietly, and decided to put my music on my phone for some entertainment so I fired it up and then place the phone inside the upper cabinets. The sound bounced around inside the cabinet and produced a much deeper tone instead of the AM-radio-like tinny noise. From that point on, when we wanted music, we opened the upper cabinet doors and put the phone inside while playing tunes. hahaha
Old 02-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We seldom listen to music when traveling or camping.
We do occasionally listen to NPR in order to get the news.
We do have a cell phone but only for making calls
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #6

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Escape 21, formerly Casita SD
Missouri
Camping music

I carry my travel size guitar along on some trips.
ssatkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
XM radio. We transfer the radio faceplate from the tow vehicle to a docking station in the trailer, and use a JBL bluetooth speaker which we use inside the trailer and are able to move it to the CLAM shelter.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I've been tempted to bring my old beater cello at times but it takes too much space.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I'm the guy that likes to listen to nature when camping, we seem to be a dying breed.

In the privacy of your own trailer, sure, go for it.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
music and camping

dave where we trout Bennett springs state park Lebanon mo they have an old tymer radio station. all the old stuff in the Sinatra and toney Bennett age.

I am hog heaven trouting and old music at he same time. get any better than this?

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #11

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendadave View Post
I'm the guy that likes to listen to nature when camping, we seem to be a dying breed.

AMEN brother,...the best music is the wind and the birds singing in the trees along with the crickets and bugs in the bushes...these are some of top reasons I go camping................
madjack

p.s. ...actually, I don't mind a little live(acoustic) music around a campfire either...........mj
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #12

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:

You are not alone , it's just the rest of us that are on your side get drowned out by the artificial noise crowd
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #13

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We have a little radio we bring to catch the news sometimes inside our trailer...

When we were redoing Peanut, we thought it would be fun to bring some simple instruments with us and made a little carry case for a metal xylophone, a wooden xylophone, a harmonica, and a recorder...but after horsing around with them at home decided we preferred to listen to the birds, the wind, and the waters, if any...and so would everyone else.

You can all thank us when we cross paths.

BEST
Kai
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #14

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I will be redundant. Music is so pleasing. I listen to a nonprofit FM station in Salt Lake City. I listen to the music on this station they play new wave, then they play i/2 Hr of the Almund Brothers (sic ) band same DJ. country, jazz, Blue Grass, Rock and Roll ,another series called " Fret and fiddle " they play it all. I will listen for hrs. When I head out into the back country ( or hook up ) and enjoying the peace and quite chatting with others, drink in hand, perhaps moon in the sky. someone pulls into a site at a hookup camp ground or out in a back country site, ( paying a fee ) turns on a generator, will run it beyond the allowed time for using said device. What a piss off. It is quite. someone cranks up their stereo, inside speakers or outside speakers. One wants to tell them they are stupid F...ers, hold it down, ( it could be music I enjoy.) I don't say anything and lower myself to their level, I just sit and wish I were with people who will respect other campers
Think about a teen that comes up beside you at a stop light and their stereo rattles your car. Rattle your mind ? Rude campers are the same !

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Scrambled Eggs Group Music makers

A few of us that get together in the upper midwest, known as the Scrambled Eggs, like to make music around the campfire in the evenings.
I bring my harmonicas, others bring guitars, accordions, stand up bass, flutes, keyboard, Jews harp, Spoons. We have a singalong. No pros. just fun jammin'
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:18 AM   #16

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I’m pretty good on the truck sound system but never turn it on in a campground. I hate it when people inflict their music on others so I never do it though I have been tempted to play Beethoven’s symphony number 5 at extreme loudness levels. Never have and never will.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #17

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Quote:

I'm also that guy. Camping should be all about the sights, sounds and smells of nature. The only exception to that would be a little pickin' and grinnin' in the evening around the campfire. What I do not understand is why someone would bring a TV and watch it while camping
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #18

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Music to my ears...only!

A couple of years ago, I installed an amplifier and four good speakers for my CD collection in my Scamp 13. No MP3's please, I'm an audiophile (on a budget). And for those who don't know, amplifier does not have to mean LOUD, just clear.

On my recent Sonoran Sojourn, I was sorely tested, wanting to crank up the volume for my own joy. But I agree with those who don't want to hear someone else's music. I don't either. But on one occasion, I found myself alone in the dessert, the wind was rocking the trailer, so I decided to rock my head. What a release! (I'll have to look into rigging up a headphone jack.)

Anyway, as most of us have learned, campgrounds are seldom just the way we want them. Some tolerance is required. The real fun and adventure in nature lies down the trail.

Happy camping, quiet or not.
Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #19

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Quote:

Us too.
When driving and touring we love to listen to great music, public radio (Yaay CBC!) and really enjoy well done Audio Books (Family favourites are of course Vinyl Cafe by Stuart McLean). But when the driving is done and the camping begins, it 's all about nature - that's the whole reason we are there.
Certainly, we enjoy the occasional acoustic song around a campfire is heartwarming and enjoyable. We often choose Radio Free campgrounds if they are available.
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #20

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetandren View Post
I'm also that guy. Camping should be all about the sights, sounds and smells of nature. The only exception to that would be a little pickin' and grinnin' in the evening around the campfire. What I do not understand is why someone would bring a TV and watch it while camping
Don't assume everyone is in the same situation as you. When I was full-timing, I would watch a DVD sometimes because I was tired. TV is a good way to dumb-down and fall asleep when folks are having a hoe-down across the campground.

Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote