Does anyone know what you get for a 12k EggCamper? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Ok...ok...I like my burro...but if I was to size up...I like the double walled egg camper. Does anyone know what you get for $12k?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi:Pamela... I give up... A hollow Egg???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
2.5% 5 year CD
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
For 12k you can have my Burro.
I'll even throw in the porta pottie.
Heck even a full tank of propane.
And fresh air in the tires.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Ok...ok...I like my burro...but if I was to size up...I like the double walled egg camper. Does anyone know what you get for $12k?

Pam

Pam

If you want to know anything about the EggCamper then give Jim Palmer a call at the number listed on his website. Jim is the owner of EggCamper and fields the calls himself. It's a small company. I'm sure he will send you a price list and other information either via e-mail or snail mail.

That said, I pulled out the description/price list he sent me when I was researching a camper. It lists the standard EggCamper as floor plan A with a stainless sink, 14 gal fresh water demand system, city water system, power roof vent and 30A power converter with charger. Options listed were the plan B interior, A/C, springair mattress, water heater, two tank propane system, 12,000btu furnace, refrigerator, 2-burner cooktop w/ range hood, spare tire & mount, shower/toilet with black/gray water tanks and an enclosed awning. It was dated April of '07.

I bought the first EggCamper kit, essentially a shell with an unfinished interior. I installed all the appliances, plumbing, wiring, shower and toilet. Although it was fun for me to do the buildout my way I don't recommend taking that path unless you have a fairly extensive background in plumbing, electrical and carpentry work and are willing to invest a lot of hours in the project. I'm still finishing mine although it is complete enough to use. Still have to install cabinet doors and some shelving.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
For 12k you can have my Burro.
I'll even throw in the porta pottie.
Heck even a full tank of propane.
And fresh air in the tires.
Gosh, I don't know...if only I didn't already have a burro... Course with the price of gas...throw in a few tanks of gas, and maybe we could talk!!

Pam
Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
For that $$$ you could get about 2 1/2 Boler 1300's.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:
For that $$$ you could get about 2 1/2 Boler 1300's.
And with a chainsaw...and some fiberglass repair kits....we might be onto something!! No...actually, I am looking for a slightly larger trailer, and I like the double walled construction of the burros. This would be a long term plan...Unless someone wants to buy my Burro for $11,500!! okay...I can hear the groans from here! I will go in my corner...

Pam
Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
I said that with a little tongue in cheek but I do think that for the money you're thinking about you should be able to get something fairly new. Mabee not brand new but not over a few years old. Check out Craigs List to get an idea of pricing. Location and availability may add a bit.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #10

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
I said that with a little tongue in cheek but I do think that for the money you're thinking about you should be able to get something fairly new. Mabee not brand new but not over a few years old. Check out Craigs List to get an idea of pricing. Location and availability may add a bit.
I think (hope) what Pamela was asking in her original post was what is included in a new base EggCamper, priced on EggCamper's website at $12k. My response (a little further up the thread) was based on that assumption. And yes, you can buy a new one for that price.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I think (hope) what Pamela was asking in her original post was what is included in a new base EggCamper,
And, I was thinking all along she was asking about an Egg Camper in generic terms.. like any brand. Maybe there would have been less confusion on my part... if I hadn't read it as Egg Trailer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper