Does this web site include Teardrop trailers too?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Please forgive me. I've read this web site frequently but have forgotten whether Teardrop trailers are included. I have a splitting headache from seaching far-and-wide on the Internet!!!!!! No joke!
Lorraine E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Depends on what you consider a Teardrop. To some of us it's a shape, not size and there are a couple trailers that may fall into that category. American Teardrop and perhaps the Miti-Lite. This forum is dedicated to Molded Lightweight Fiberglass RVs. That doesn't mean some fiberglass, or slab fiberglass panels put together with seams.

If you're looking for the Teardrop forum, click here:
Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers

Did that help?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
If it's general RV info you are looking for, take a look at RV.NET -- They have stuff for BulgeMobiles to tenters.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #4

Hi Donna -- Yes, that was a big help!! I'm looking at a "Little Guy Teardrop." It is the teardrop shape and molded from fiberglass. I saw it on e-Bay. I don't need a kitchen with stove & refrigerator. I am a "vegan" and eat primarilly fresh, raw, fruits and vegetables. I mainly want a place to sleep because of all the horror stories about how dirty the beds are in hotels and motels. I don't want to sleep in someone else's filth!! I've felt empty since I sold my Class B mini-motorhome in September. I want to travel but I don't want the expense (and unsanitary conditions) of a hotel / motel. Another question that you can answer: If I buy the teardrop, can I, perhaps, join campouts with folks owning Casita, Trillium, etc.?? I can show pictures to fellow campers that I once owned a Trillium. Been there, done that!! Thanks for your reply. Best wishes from Lorraine
Old 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #5

To answer part of your questions, no the Little Guy is not a molded fiberglass trailer, I'm only telling you this so you won't expect one thing and find out something else after the purchase. Nor am I inferring it's an inferior product in anyway. From their website
Quote:
[b]Teardrop Camper Trailer Construction
Your Little Guy Teardrop Camper Trailer is constructed of the highest quality parts and components. Depending on the model, the frame is constructed with 2 x 2 inch tubular aluminum or 2 x 3 inch tubular steel. Little Guy Teardrop Camper Trailers come equipped with a rubber torsion axel (size varies depending on model). Tire sizes range from 5.3 x 12 inches to size 205/75/D14.

Little Guy Teardrop Camper Trailers are wrapped in 3/4" plywood floor and side walls. Front and rear walls have been framed with top quality wood for structural integrity. Your Little Guy Teardrop Camper Trailer's roof rafters are constructed of the same top-quality wood and construction as the End Walls. The inside walls covered with great quality carpet.

Our teardrop camper trailers come with 14 x 14 inch roof vents for great ventilation, and the trailer is wrapped in a blanket of R11 insulation to help insulate from the cold and the heat. [b]Your Little Guy is sealed with a white laminated skin, and striped to your specifications. The rear of the trailer is fitted with a galley, and tinted glass sliding doors on each side of the trailer provide privacy, safety, and security.
Your Little Guy Teardrop Camper Trailer is finished off with marker lights and wiring, as well as attractive 9 inch steel fenders. The end product is a beautiful teardrop camper trailer that you can be proud of, and which will provide you with years of outdoor enjoyment.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
To answer part of your questions, no the Little Guy is not a molded fiberglass trailer, I'm only telling you this so you won't expect one thing and find out something else after the purchase. Nor am I inferring it's an inferior product in anyway. From their website
[b]Donna, you are awesome!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT RESEARCH!!! I have been on so many web sites today, my head is spinning!!! What's a gal to do??? I keep reading the message boards trying to get a clear image of the direction I should go[b]. I'm a solo senior; I don't want to give up traveling!!!

As I mentioned in the earlier message, I sold my Class B[b].... Well, I had a full-time job I loved; I thought I'd be living in this town in North Carolina the rest of my life. I was "too busy" to travel. You guessed it: I was "let go" (with six others) as part of "restructuring." Spring is coming!! I want to see North Carolina -- and the East Coast. (I was born, and spent most of my life, in Southern California. This area is beautiful and I should see it before I die[b]!!!) Thank you for your labors, and kindness, on this web site. Lorraine
Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #7

The Little Guys look interesting. Nice light weight and long tongue, so they'd be towable with a lot of fuel-efficient vehicles (even have two for motorcycles).

I like the Tailgate package with the beer tap!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
No kitchen?? How do you make tea or keep your fruitjuice cold? I think I would still like something to keep my bottled water in. It's really nice to have it built in and not carrying it around like a bi cooler that I have to buy Ice for. Also nice to have a food prep center that's inside out of the elements and the bugs. On the other hand that tailgate work center looks awfly good IF you can build a screen shelter for it.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Tear drops are nice but after a long hike up the beach, it is so nice to get in out of the wind and make some warm soup and to have your own bathroom in the middle of the night is so wonderful. Give me a small 13 foot over a tear drop anytime, but that may just be my age talking.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #10

I think teardrops are "cute" but not in a very functional way for me. Living in the Pacific NorthWET, I don't want to depend on dry weather to camp. Sitting inside at a table, and getting up to walk around is kind of important. In a true teardrop... all you can do is lay down. And that's how you get dressed too.

Think I'll pass. I'd go with a 13 footer first.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #11

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I love teardrops and I was looking for one or going to build one, did the research and everything and then bumped into my Burro.
I dropped everything and bought the Burro.
No regrets at all. It's Nice to pull over at a scenic overlook area for a rest stop, open the door walk in and have lunch or potty break. Close the door and drive on. No skrunching,lifting,heaving,pushing or getting wet needed.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
No kitchen?? How do you make tea or keep your fruitjuice cold? I think I would still like something to keep my bottled water in. It's really nice to have it built in and not carrying it around like a bi cooler that I have to buy Ice for. Also nice to have a food prep center that's inside out of the elements and the bugs. On the other hand that tailgate work center looks awfly good IF you can build a screen shelter for it.
As you said, the kitchen is outside, just as it is when tent camping. I'm considering a teardrop because the height limitations of my garage require me to remove my Scamp's wheels to get it inside and I don't intend to live in whatever for more than a couple of weeks.

Living in Europe for a while got me out of the habit of ice and cold drinks. When I was fulltiming I use the icebox as just a cool, dry place to store stuf. I used canned stuf or shopped more often.