Doggy Day Care - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: Jayco
California
Send a message via MSN to stevebarbsmn
Campground dog rules

I have never been to a campground that wouldn't allow me to leave my 2 dogs in our trailer as long as they werent causing a noise problem. We have left for as long as 6-8 hours and no problem. I might add this is on the West Coast.
stevebarbsmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #42

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarbsmn View Post
I have never been to a campground that wouldn't allow me to leave my 2 dogs in our trailer as long as they werent causing a noise problem. We have left for as long as 6-8 hours and no problem. I might add this is on the West Coast.
Exactly. My 4 poodles are quiet and sleep while we are gone. Then the toys come out for a bit of tug of war.
jcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
That's what we thought.

The dog just sleeps, doesn't bark.
Until we stayed in a full service campsite. The neighbours ( very close ) informed us when we got back from lunch, that the dog howled and cried the whole time we were away.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #44

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
That's what we thought.

The dog just sleeps, doesn't bark.
Until we stayed in a full service campsite. The neighbours ( very close ) informed us when we got back from lunch, that the dog howled and cried the whole time we were away.
That's why I have the Wyze camera. It has movement and sound alerts to your phone as well as a speaker tell them to be quiet.
jcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #45

Name: David
Trailer: Diligently Searching For A Match
Virginia
Pet Sitters

We've found Rover.com to be a useful tool. While we don't RV much right now, we do travel a lot by car, and prefer to take the dog with us to the destination and leave her with a sitter locally. The link above will give you a $20 credit. There haven't been too many places where we haven't found somebody we feel will be trustworthy. Most offer everything from a 30 minute walk to overnight boarding. Prices vary by location and seem to reflect the general cost of living in the area. Least we've spent is about $20 a night, and the most was $60 (DC).
David_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:45 AM   #46

Name: Tim
Trailer: Amerigo
Tennessee
There are VERY fee times in my life that CHEAP also aligned with BEST. Concerning our furry family members, best or good is not necessarily a major concern, but we have, fortunately, found a place that is both. ANYWHERE near the Knoxville, TN area, I think there is nowhere better than THE PUP TENT in Friendsville, TN. They are wonderful. I wish I could book a week somewhere that gave me so much love and care for a week myself. If you can't find the owner, he will be in a kennel loving on one of the dogs or taking them for a walk. I am not advertising this place but I/you just can't beat it. They were already booked up for Christmas three weeks ago: one week after we reserved a spot for our furry kids. They socialize animals for a local shelter and when faced with one dog going back to the shelter since they were booked up for Thanksgiving, the owner said "Don't come get her, she will come home with me." How could you ever beat that?
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote