Dub Box USA ~ Fiberglass Campers & Trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #21

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Dub Box USA
NC
My Dub Box issues

Hopefully Iím posting correctly to this thread. Iím keeping my Dub Box USA Dinky camper. Iím also pursuing additional avenues towards obtaining a resolution with Dub Box USA.

Hereís a website I created about my camper: https://sites.google.com/view/patrio...inky-rv-camper

ChuckinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
After seeing your paint job and custom touches, I can see why you're keeping it!

Can you tell us what damage the trailer did to your Prius? I'm also interested in hearing how your ClimateRight holds up over the course of the next year or two, so I hope you won't be a stranger here; please stop in and give us occasional updates!

Your web page mentions a 1600 lb tow rating for the 2016+ Prius. I've never heard this before. Is it stated in your owner's manual, or if not, how did you learn of it? I have sometimes thought about a Prius.

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #23

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Dub Box USA
NC

The AC platform was not properly installed on the campers trailer frame, and hit the Prius fender components.

I read online about the 2016+ Prius towing capability from several online references.
ChuckinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #24

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I can see where most would think they were a custom build from an old VW van body. It's good to know they are building & selling them. Since they are headquartered in Texas I would think they would be seen running around somewhere in the Southwest.
They are not headquarted in Texas, they are in Oregon.
Dub Box USA, Inc.

21099 HWY 99E NE, Aurora, OR 97002, US
(503) 776-9250
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:16 PM   #25

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
I think most of us who owned VW campers in the 60s and 70s when they were pretty new would no longer find their performance and reliability acceptable today. BTW, if you go by a VW specialty repair shop, some times you see 6-8 or a dozen old vans parked in back. ( at least in Calif) On one trip we stopped to visit 2 different friends who had nice Westfalias in their yard . . . .both needing engines. Engines go for over $ 6,000 now, remanuf or custom built . Performance US engines go for waaaay less than that ! And a recent post on the 'net recently showed a bunch of nice custom VW vans , campers , and customs : the one of which we speak was labeled a " DUD BOX " ! LOL David in Fresno and Sonora, CA
I had a '68 (first year of the picture window windshield) that I'm sometimes sorry I sold. That truck took on 2000# at least of oak firewood - filled the entire rig - but trying to stop it, with nonpower drum brakes, was, let me say, an effort. I think you're right about modern performance, though mine was rock-reliable, with electronic ignition, spin-on oil filter, and external oil cooler. 65 MPH top speed (at engine redline 4000 RPM), SECOND gear climbing Donner Pass at 10 MPH, wind tossing my bus to the point where I once had to slam on the brakes and turn the steering wheel 1/2 turn to keep from being blown off an overpass.
If I still had her today, she would be a day cruiser. But at the time, it's what I could afford, and I outfitted her with lots of Westfalia parts from flea markets and such.
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:41 AM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
(off topic) In the 70s my mom use to putt around New Mexico with 5 small kids in on the back bed (seat belts? Nah, there were no seats in the back, just a bed) of a 62 microbus. It didn't have a rear bumper or apron so when she needed to do any work on the engine she would put it on blocks, disconnect everything, push the bus forward so she could get to what needed to be repaired, then push the bus back and reconnect.

If I had a decent quality VW microbus or Westie chassis laying around (plus a bunch of cash) I'd get it converted to electric:

https://www.zelectricmotors.com/

JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote