Dusting off the Scamp for Bonnaroo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #1

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Scamp
I'm heading to Bonnaroo with the Scamp in June. When I pulled the Scamp out of storage last week I found a few leaks around some loose rivets, window seals, and the vent cover! Ug. Mold and Mildew! Problem solved: About $400 spent on cushion covers and other misc. parts from SCAMP plus several hours of repair and cleaning to get the mold and mildew out. One more weekend of cleaning and scrubbing should get her back in shape. I sure hope that the Concrobium works as well as it claims on the bottle. [I probably could have gotten by without new cushion covers but the Misses has been wanting to replace them anyway.]

Is anybody else from fiberglassrv heading to Bonnaroo with their egg?

Attached Thumbnails
bonnaroo.jpg  
James Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I asked myself, what's a Bonnaroo? Google to the rescue! Bonnaroo Website. Looks like fun. I won't be there; Manchester, Tennessee is a bit far for me to drive for a weekend.

Have fun!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I asked myself, what's a Bonnaroo? Google to the rescue! Bonnaroo Website. Looks like fun. I won't be there; Manchester, Tennessee is a bit far for me to drive for a weekend.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the long drive; I wouldn't do it either. But last year I met some folks that drove down from Nova Scotia. They were tent camping but when I showed them my Scamp, they said they're gonna get one. ...and two more guys that came from England (but I'm pretty sure they didn't drive!!)

I saw a few egg-campers at the festival two years ago but never got a chance to meet the owners. An old 13' foot scamp - very rough with tie-die curtains and hippy stickers all over it - It also smelled a little like the seventies, if you know what I mean. A newer 19' Scamp with a brand new GMC pickup. A 17' Casita - real shiny, looked brand new for the first couple days anyway. I'll get some pictures this year if I see an egg and then post them on here for all to see.

...getting excited about it now... Good times, Good times!!

James Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp