Easy Weather Reports - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Easy Weather Reports

Easy Weather Reports from any Cell Phone.

Though I wrote this in another posting, I thought this might have more general application.

There are two ways to get immediate weather info; one using a smart phone and the other using any cell phone or even a land line.

I use our smart phone and create a list of weather locations for a number of towns/cities we plan to drive thru. I then can get the forecast, weather conditions and/or alerts for that location in about 5 seconds by selecting the desired city from the list and get an immediate up date. It works very well, fast and always up to date.

My wife does not have a smart phone however she has a way to get weather info by simply dialing a single phone number.

She dials Bing at 800 246 4411; when propmpted says "weather", gives the city and state, like "Charleston, SC", or you can simply give a zip code. They give the weather and a forecast. Available info is not limited to simply weather. 'Bing' now is part of her phone list.

She read about this in the Escapee magazine, one of the best RV magazines.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Thanks, Norm! I wrote down the number and have it in my purse and I'm going to program it into my cell. Think I'm gonna change my route from heading North in MS to heading North in TX and go through CO rather than Iowa, Nebraska etc since they dont seem to be having flooding issues right now.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #3

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
Thanks for the tip! I tried it out - this will be great to use for not only weather, but also everything from finding needed phone numbers to keeping track of our favorite Minnesota Twins scores while we're traveling!! Great tool!! - Julie
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Exclamation Use of B I N G # on your cell phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Easy Weather Reports from any Cell Phone.

Though I wrote this in another posting, I thought this might have more general application.

There are two ways to get immediate weather info; one using a smart phone and the other using any cell phone or even a land line.

I use our smart phone and create a list of weather locations for a number of towns/cities we plan to drive thru. I then can get the forecast, weather conditions and/or alerts for that location in about 5 seconds by selecting the desired city from the list and get an immediate up date. It works very well, fast and always up to date.

My wife does not have a smart phone however she has a way to get weather info by simply dialing a single phone number.

She dials Bing at 800 246 4411; when propmpted says "weather", gives the city and state, like "Charleston, SC", or you can simply give a zip code. They give the weather and a forecast. Available info is not limited to simply weather. 'Bing' now is part of her phone list.

She read about this in the Escapee magazine, one of the best RV magazines.

Norm
Norm...Thank you for this info! You can get all kinds of info which is great when traveling! I tried it & found cheapest gas is at the station I always use!
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen L. View Post
Norm...Thank you for this info! You can get all kinds of info which is great when traveling! I tried it & found cheapest gas is at the station I always use!
The credit should go to my wife. She read the article and quickly became a phone Bing fan.

Apparantly Goggle used to do this and dropped the service. The only down side is the short ad you have hear. It really increases the ability of an everyday phone.

Glad you like it,

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Great!!!!!!!! We used to use Google service all the time. When we were coming up to a city, we would call the Google number and give them the city and the name of the restaurant or whatever and they would give the number and/or call them for you. We'd call and get their location. Glad Bing picked it up. I see they will even give directions and lots of other things. Nice
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
26Jun11 Found this site today in the Washington Compost:
Home - WeatherTrends360.com

Will give you a weather prediction up to 1 year and has a planning site. Sign up is free.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote