EggCamper Brochure? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
EggCamper Brochure?

Does anybody know if Jim at EggCamper produces a printed brochure I can have sent to me? We like having brochures in hand we can spread out on the table to make our comparisons etc with.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
If you ask him for information all he does is send you copies of what you can already find on his web site, at least this was true last year when we bought one. I think he really needs to invest a little money and get a more professional site and a nice brochure.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #3

Thanks Ray, I kindof figured that may be the case since there was no "request brochure" option anywhere on the site. Any idea what changes Jim is thinking about for 2011? Is there a sink option for the bath yet? Are you going to Scamp Camp in Sebring in Feb? I hope to see lots of trailers there. I think that is the only FG meet nearby.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I thought i saw a photo in the past where the bathroom sink was molded into the fiberglass....part of the mold. Anyone know if this is true or am i mistaken. I have never seen one in person.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #5

This might be what i was thinking Here can see the bathroom sink area.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
There isn't one in ours. Maybe it's one of the changes I've heard mentioned for new ones. We don't mind not having one, I guess all those years of tent camping made us so we're not that fussy when we're camping.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #7

LOL, I hear that! Just having running water is a blessing. With 2 kids though I'd prefer them spit their toothpaste someplace other than my kitchen sink, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
There isn't one in ours. Maybe it's one of the changes I've heard mentioned for new ones. We don't mind not having one, I guess all those years of tent camping made us so we're not that fussy when we're camping.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
My understanding is that the first few EggCampers had a Lav in the shower, but he has since eliminated it (I don't miss it and don't want it).

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #9

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
If you call Jim he will send you a color packet and a price list. I spoke with him about 4-5 times and he always has time to talk with you. I do not know of many other business owners that take that much time from their business. True his marketing is not very sophisticated but he reminds me of someone I just saw a movie about, The Aviator- Howard Hughes. A brilliant engineer but a poor business person. Anyway, Jim sent me a packet and I was all set to purchase a 2010 for with all options for about $18,500. He was working on the 2011 price list and told me it would be about $1000 more. Each year he makes little changes. The trailer is all LED outside and he has eliminated one vent and one vent pipe into the roof. He feels the less holes the better you are.
Long story short, I found a 2007 model for $11,000 delivered to my door. His trailer is very well built, simple but well engineered. I looked at Casita's and Scamps and decided on the Egg because I did not like the rivets and the problems they seem to have.
Today I had to call Jim and ask him a construction question and and he still gives me answers. I hope to meet him one day.
There is no sink in the bath room and the bath is bigger than the others because of this. You can always expectorate in the toilet. It is a modifier's dream, everything is accessible.
ps.
Try call speaking with Bill Gates about Microsoft??
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #10

Bummer $1000 price increase. escape had two price Increases. Inflation is no fun. I still like the old sink molded into the eggcamper wall. Made the bathroom even bigger than it is now. Appreciate the update cpaharley2008.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #11

Ouch! That will make it cost $19,500 next year! I guess we'll no longer see the statement "Under $17,000" on the website. Guess I'll be hunting a used one and try and convince my bank of the real value and to finance it for us.

"Jim sent me a packet and I was all set to purchase a 2010 for with all options for about $18,500. He was working on the 2011 price list and told me it would be about $1000 more".
melissab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #12

Name: Mary
Trailer: bought a used 2010 EGG
Florida
HELP... I have a used EGG Camper and I am replacing the tires with the best I can get. I have had two blowout and I think now it must have been OLD tires. The new tires are rated for 65 PSI. These are load D 8 ply. do you run your tires on an egg at full PSI? I am guessing the EGG weights about 2200 pounds dry weight. Please send any information you have.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:24 PM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment View Post
HELP... I have a used EGG Camper and I am replacing the tires with the best I can get. I have had two blowout and I think now it must have been OLD tires. The new tires are rated for 65 PSI. These are load D 8 ply. do you run your tires on an egg at full PSI? I am guessing the EGG weights about 2200 pounds dry weight. Please send any information you have.
I do run our tires at 5lbs under max pressure as the trailer weight is under the rating of the tire, and because we tend to drive away from Phoenix in the summer heat where the temps are hard on tires,
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 AM   #14

Name: Mary
Trailer: bought a used 2010 EGG
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I do run our tires at 5lbs under max pressure as the trailer weight is under the rating of the tire, and because we tend to drive away from Phoenix in the summer heat where the temps are hard on tires,
Thank you David for your reply. I live in Florida and I have been told that 5 pounds under would be OK. I also always stop after about an hour to check the PSI again and I do find the PSI has risen to 70. You have confirmed what I thought I should do. I travel alone and getting a blowout on a major highway is scary.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:06 AM   #15

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Mary,
We have an EggCamper also.
We had a tire blow out in a thunderstorm, going down an interstate, as we pulled the new-to-us trailer home. By the time we got off the road, some of the tire had embedded itself in the spring. . . . Long night for us, but God is good and it got resolved. . . So you are wise to pay attention to the tires.
If you enable "messages" I will send more details. . .
in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper