EggCamper mattresses - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
EggCamper mattresses

EggCamper owners, what kind of mattress do you have? We have the two (twin) mattresses, so that I can also use one in the side area.

There is a big gap between our twin mattress in the back and the side wall, going left to right in photo. The EggCamper is wider than a Scamp or Casita, right? If so, I think the mattresses that came with our EggCamper (bought used) might have been originally Scamp or Casita mattresses. I am short, so I never noticed this until looking through some old photos. . .

I have searched the forum, and checked out Southern Mattress, Camping World (for the Parkline? Parkview? Mattresses), Mattress Insider, and Verlo Mattress Co. Most of the responses in the forum were for one (two-person) mattress. I need to figure out what to do for 2 separate mattresses. If you have the 2 separate mattresses, what do they measure?

These 2 photos are from when we first got our EggCamper. We were only able to take it out on one good trip. My husband does not enjoy sleeping in the Egg, and I think a good mattress would help. . . It is the same mattress in both photos. I "compressed" the second photo. . .

Thanks to all who respond with help. I appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Egg quilt in Egg.jpg   3 View to the back.jpg  

in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #2

Name: Jodi
Trailer: 1989 Casita
California
Full size mattress

Buy a full size foam mattress that will fit your space. Use and electric knife to cut it to fold. If you aren’t able to do it yourself - go to a upholstery repair shop
We purchased an IKEA mattress for our Casita - and loved the comfort. We have a little bigger trailer now and replaced the mattress with a 8” foam mattress from Amazon
jodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #3

Alabama
Registry
Thanks, Jodi. I would do that in a heartbeat. My husband, however, doesn't like to sleep on foam He prefers a traditional (needs some coils in it) type mattress!
I appreciate your sharing the information!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #4

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Eggcamper
Kansas
We have an EggCamper, and use one mattress that we custom cut from foam to fit the space perfectly.

But if wanting two mattresses instead, you could use:
- A "narrow twin" innerspring mattress for the back bed. They are 30" x 75" (here's one that Amazon sells).
- And cut and cover a piece of 6"-8" thick foam that's 24" x whatever length you want for the side bed.

Nancy
Ruban&Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:26 AM   #5

Alabama
Registry
Nancy, thank you so much for your reply. I am happy to see the mention of the "narrow twin" and the link. That helps a lot. I am looking forward to checking it out. Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2022, 11:07 PM   #6

Name: ArizonaEileen
Trailer: Casita
AZ
Custom Mattress Sizes

I'd be happy to work with you on custom mattresses for your trailer. Just provide me with the measurements!

Casita Travel Trailers Custom Mattresses

Eileen
ArizonaEileen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper