"Eggless" Beach House Vacation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
I truly know now for sure why I love my Egg. The security of the familiar “egg shell”, your stuff right where you can put you hand on it, knowing you have your comfort zone are all missing. Talk about an anxiety attack big time. This is devastating enough with out all the packing. It has taken me all week to get my duds together. I will enjoy the family vacation at the beach. ?????

I know I knew, but did not really get it how lucky we are to take our homes with us. It has been a good 5 years that I have not had to go without my egg. Will I survive?

Any bets on how long before I do this again?
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We hear you, Susan! Just a few weeks ago, the weather forecast was for snow so we left our Egg in a friend's good care for a 'quick' run to Salt Lake City. It was "only" 3 motel nights, but we were sooooooo happy to get back to our Egg home, where (as you stated) everything is in its place. Absolutely NO bets on when we'll be doing that again Happy camping to all- L 'n D
Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Last fall I drove my mother down to the farm in Georgia to take a newly adopted dog to my aunt.

We took mom's minivan, which meant I had to pack a bag. I couldn't remember how to do it!
It drove me crazy to be cooped up in a sealed box with air conditioning, and not stop a dozen times to look at interesting buildings or cars, or take a nap.

Public restrooms?! Ick!

"slept" on a couch. I used to could do that anywhere.

No "guest house" out in the driveway to escape to (and have a smoke! )

When we got back the next night, I felt like I had traveled to Mars and back!
I realized I take for granted how luxurious it is to have the Casita with me, having slept on board every night since 09/04 (except that one trip).
Next trip to Europe, or if I ever make it to Asia, this thing's gonna be shipped, or I'll rent something like it when I arrive.

I realize now that I have very little understanding of how other people travel, rushing through
airports, staying in hotels, racing down interstates, sticking to a timetable... How/why do people do it!? That kind of travel is a distant memory for me.
Sometimes people ask, "You LIVE in that little thing?", but my perspective is, "You live in a WHAT?, and it doesn't GO anywhere? How sad for you!"

We made a return trip to the farm in March, taking my rig. It drove my mother crazy for the windows to be open, and also the fact that I drive 10mph slower than she does!

I slept out in the pecan grove and hung out with the dog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	farm_camping_2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	8254
P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote