Electric Bicycle - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #61

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'm not a pedestrian or a cyclist, but note that many elderly are hard of hearing. They may not hear "on your left". Cyclists need to slow down when approaching peds, and so do those driving motorized mobility scooters.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #62

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Back to the exercise and ebikes bit, there are some articles written where the experts have figured out that ebike riders get the same amount of exercise as acoustic bike riders. The reason? Ebike riders go on longer rides. This is true for me. I felt pretty tired and sore of butt after a 44 mile ride this spring. It was up and then back down on gravel and pavement roads. There is no bike infrastructure where I live so I must share roads with cars and trucks.

Of course, this doesn't apply if you aren't pedaling.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #63

Name: P
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'm not a pedestrian or a cyclist, but note that many elderly are hard of hearing. They may not hear "on your left". Cyclists need to slow down when approaching peds, and so do those driving motorized mobility scooters.
I rode a fairly busy trail while traveling. There are no trails where I live. I noticed that most people had their ear buds going and could not hear.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #64

Name: Fran
Georgia
Their are many reviews on utube about all ebikes...alot. i want the rad city folding step thru model so i could carry it inside the back of the suv. I watched reviews by Two Tired Teachers on UT and they have put a few thousand miles on theirs. But Rad bikes were out of stock ....i found a Bagi Bike on craigslist with 40 miles on it...it had sat unused for 2 year and needed a replacement battery....pandemic kept the owner from using it. I spent 450 on a new battery and i have been having a blast.....the one thing i will change is the thumb throttle....it can be pushed by accident when mounting or dismount....i will replace it with a twist throttle...i rarely use the throttle unless its a steep hill coming up. Mine weights about 50 lbs with the battery out...this way i can fold it ...put soft foam between parts and bungy it tight together before lifting it into the back of the suv. One in i work it back where i tie it down to the vehicle hooks on the floor....dont forget to place cardboard between it and the leather seats....dont want to damage the interior or bike
Follow the instructions on charging the battery ...very important!!!! Esp if you are not using it for a month or so....i take mine out once or twice a month when not camping and put 5 miles on it and then recharge....im 66 and its like being a kid again.
Franram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #65

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
And then there are people like me who have very reduced vision in my right eye. Called a "eye stroke" or "Optic neuritis". Almost all the vision in my right eye is very blurred, except for a little on the top left in my field of vision. It isn't bad when my wife is on my right side. But when I'm along...
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:41 PM   #66

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
the only paths I ride my bikes on, ebike or regular, are ones intended as bicycle paths. some of these are mixed use, and the pedestrians are supposed to keep to the right, so the center of the path is for bidirectional bicycle traffic, but time after time I come upon people wandering all over these paths 4 or 6 wide and oblivious. extra fun when they have dogs on 20 foot 'reel' leashes, and the dogs are darting all over the place with the owners paying little to no attention.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:01 AM   #67

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
extra fun when they have dogs on 20 foot 'reel' leashes, and the dogs are darting all over the place with the owners paying little to no attention.
A huge bone of contention to me. Any dog on a lead should be at heel, as in walked with the head right beside the owner's knee. It is an easy thing to train and is much more respectful of other people on trails.

I have noted a lot more signs requiring a lead no longer than 4' approximately, a good thing as a longer one is really not needed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:22 AM   #68

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Terry and I are serious bikers and I've been one since I could ride a bike.

I don't live in the dream world where:
Walkers only walk on the right and leave space for cyclists

Runners only run on the right and don't wear ear buds

Dog owners have a 4' leash and heel their dogs

Skaters coast when meeting others

Everyone has a rear view mirror and perfect hearing

There are no roadies in pace lines

Cyclists observe the speed limits

Cyclists have priority and all others are secondary

I gave up believing any of the above decades ago. Instead, I ride with caution, at a speed appropriate for the circumstnces.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #69

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
I knew a walker who claimed to love getting hit by bikes on our river walking/bike trail.......he was a real cycle path!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:33 PM   #70

Name: Peter
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
2018 Rad Mini

I ride as much as I can when the days are good to do so weather-wise. Nearly 4000 miles with maintenance and tire changes, it has been a good bike.Folding this bike allows me to place it behind us in the crew cab and keep it locked up that way. This allows me to use the truck to pull the Scamp without a bike rack.
Kumpel is offline   Reply With Quote