Elegance of Behavior - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #41

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
What a great post. You can run your generator anytime your next to us Mike, but first we have to wait for our Lil Snoozy to be built. Can't wait, but must.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #42

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Good points, Mike! I thinks it's all part of the general downturn in society's moral values. But like others here have said, most members here are more mature & show better behaviour. This is a Great site, with great moderators.
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #43

Trailer: Aliner
Was just browsing through this thread again. I love this forum. It seems to me that fiberglass trailer owners are the nicest people on the web.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #44

Name: kat
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Thumbs up Valuable Information Sharing

Elegance of Behavior is an elegant and civilized term. As a newbie and single senior woman, I have been grateful for the knowledge I have gained here and for the contacts I have made around the country.
When I posted a question about towing a 16' Scamp with my 2012 Forester, I was astounded by the range of opinions on the matter. At first I was confused, but I was motivated to do further research and ask more questions from diverse sources. As a result, I was able to decide what I was comfortable choosing.
Lots of opinions and most of them stated exactly as such helped me to figure out what I wanted to do.
Kudos to the moderators.
katg2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #45

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2012 Casita LD17
California
Elegance of Behavior...what a great idea. It works, too, for which I'm very grateful.

I signed on here awhile back, stumbling and lost like most newbies, trying to decide what trailer to buy. The questions I asked had probably been asked a hundred times before but I was always treated with courtesy. People went out of their way to be helpful.

I'm a moderator on a logging forum and I wish that most of our members there were as polite and helpful as this crew has been.

By the way, I decided on, and got, a 2012 Casita LD17. I just got home from Rice with it last week. Now it's time to work a little harder at being semi-retired.

Thanks again to everybody who helped me make up my mind.
clearcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for the kind words, Bob, and congratulations on your new Liberty Deluxe Casita. (Excellent choice!)

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #47

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
This thread was well written and is very much in line with the way I run my forum.
I don't know if its a lack of experience with forums but folks should remember that there are many views / opinions and all are welcome.

Quoting someone else's view then expressing your own which is different does not cheapen the value of the other opinion it simply says your not willing to look at the big picture and respect the view of others.

Forums work on respect and contributions from all. IMHO

Even I wonder if I should post an opinion any further on the site.
Maybe some don't know what flaming is.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #48

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel A. View Post
it simply says your not willing to look at the big picture and respect the view of others.
It may say that there is more than 1 point of view, resulting discussions can bring more information to light.

As to flaming, I've noticed the tendancy here is to simply ignore those individuals or topics that might be flamed elsewhere. It sends the same message.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #49

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Sir.

Over the last 10 or so Years I've been on probably 12 forums (4x4, firearms, SCUBA) and such. most of them I've dropped off of due to what you stated. I was tired of "internet commandos" that "know all"and having them try and tell me I that did not know what i was talking about or was full of it and worse. In a few of the forums, I known some of the Mods and they have even asked me to return. As of now I've only been active on this site and one other one, and as it stands now probably will stay that way. I don't have time time for such people and that conduct. I try to read and think about the topic then if I have some thing worth adding I may. I don't always try to post on every thread I read. A old saying "you have 2 ears and 1 mouth listen more and talk less. One of the things I've seen is it very easy for someone to "attack someone over a computer connection or a phone line than in person"

V/R Darrell
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #50

Name: Robert
Trailer: Casita SD
New Jersey
Well Hello,
I am new to this Forum so please have patience for a new "poster"child.

One thing that posting allows that a live conversation does not; it is the opportunity to read before you post. So, it might be helpful to follow the 2 minute rule. Wait two minutes and reread until you hit the "POST" button.
Happy Thanksgiving all.
Rbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #51

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Robert... and to FiberglassRV! Thanks for the reminder to wait a bit before hittin' the reply button. It also gives folks an opportunity to proofread for spelling errors.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #52

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
I agree with the last couple of posts. Something else to consider when posting: the printed word does not allow the reader to read a person's face or body language in this form of communication. I find this especially true with computers, even with the little icons that are often used, although they do help.

that being said, I do find this forum to be full of helpful people who mostly respect other view points.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Thanks to all of you who have posted on this thread! Good reminders about why this forum is such a great resource. I have learned a great deal just from this thread and have much to think about.

I tend to react impulsively at times and will temper my thoughts and posts a bit more in light of what many of you have mentioned. Great suggestions and this is a thread that needs to be brought to the forefront from time to time as a reminder for all of us.

Thanks!
Linda
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #54

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Sometime it seems that this thread should be a yearly 'required read' for all of us. Thanks for posting, Linda. I read through this one again myself.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #55

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've been a member of FiberglassRV for a loooong time. I appreciate the members who offer opinions that have value without demanding folks believe the same way. It's all about choices. The first is "Be Nice."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #56

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Pam Garlow
I guess I'm trying to follow your advice being I've just been rereading this thread and it's been about a year ago.
I'd like to copy most of this to post to a few other forums.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #57

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Mike I have recently got thrown off a board for posting it seems every board has some person that just has to show his a---- at the expense of others while others stand by and allow it. frankly I was one of them.

It seems to be prevalent on facebook things? I see those same flamers here as members yet they do nothing to flame here! I am perplexed how can such people be ladies and gentleman here?

I cannot figure things out sometimes!!
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #58

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I'll have to dig around to find this flaming you keep posting about.

I've found this forum to be one of the more civil I've frequented. There are certainly know-it-alls (who do indeed know quite a bit, so may have come by that attitude honestly), certainly there are antagonistic posts here and there, some are definitely rude, but in general I've seen no flaming on this site.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:06 AM   #59

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Zacho did I say anything regarding this site?
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #60

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Ah, I guess unless you edited your post, I just didn't read it close enough. You're saying there are people who are members on both this site and others, who flame on the other sites, but not here?

That is strange.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote