Escape 17B vs. Trillium Outback - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #1

Name: Marta
Trailer: In the market
BC
Escape 17B vs. Trillium Outback

Hello all,
We are looking at small trailers right now and we've been leaning towards the Escape 17B but even that may be too big for our tow capacity (3500lbs).
Would love to hear your opinions about the Trillium Outback. Pros/cons, how it compares to the Escape?
Thanks so much,
Marta
mkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
There are several folks over on the Escape forum towing the 17B with a similar towing capacity. Some on here also.

I've never even been inside a Trillium, so cannot speak to that, but can say we love our Escape. The quality is outstanding
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:05 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
As far as I know, Outback only makes a 13' trailer. That 4' difference is huge in terms of functionality. Best bet is to arrange to get a look inside both to see which size is right for you

There have been isolated reports that Outback has had trouble with on-time deliveries of new builds. One person reported a delay of over 6 months from the original promised delivery date and poor communication from the company. He did seem happy with the trailer once he finally got it.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
There have been isolated reports that Outback has had trouble with on-time deliveries of new builds. One person reported a delay of over 6 months from the original promised delivery date and poor communication from the company. He did seem happy with the trailer once he finally got it.
I do wish someone would add to the discussion who has had recent experience with Trillium Outback. It is my favorite floorplan of the small fiberglass trailers because they use a curtain to separate the toilet area rather than walls, which has got to eliminate a lot of weight, plus it adds light to the trailer. It also has an extended kitchen counter for prep space. I don't think you could fit more than one or two people in there anyway so privacy shouldn't be a problem. I also have a 3500 pound tow limit to be mindful of.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:53 AM   #5

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Here is one thread
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ice-75547.html
If you put Trillium Outback in the search, top right use the google one, more will come up.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
For what it is worth, I towed a 17B 85,000 miles over 5 years with a V6 RAV4 (with tow package) Rated at 3500/350, actual weight 3010 to 3100 & 335 - 345 tongue.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape
Toyota Venza

Toyota Venza,

Been towing my 17 be with the Toyota Venza which is a 3500 pounds. Capacity. Works great and down the Arizona in over the Rockies In British Columbia. I do have a light duty Reese equalizer hitch which I think makes a big difference. I think it's made for a tent trailer but being that the 17 B is so light it works perfect.
Grant Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:36 PM   #8

Name: Jens
Trailer: In the market
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen H View Post
I do wish someone would add to the discussion who has had recent experience with Trillium Outback. It is my favorite floorplan of the small fiberglass trailers because they use a curtain to separate the toilet area rather than walls, which has got to eliminate a lot of weight, plus it adds light to the trailer. It also has an extended kitchen counter for prep space. I don't think you could fit more than one or two people in there anyway so privacy shouldn't be a problem. I also have a 3500 pound tow limit to be mindful of.
We got our Trillium Outback four weeks ago. It is easy to tow (1,500 pounds) and we find it really comfortable for 2 people. There is no toilet in our trailer but the kitchen counter, table, benches and closet are all great and built with fiberglass, which makes everything durable and light. Windows and ceiling fan are excellent. Went camping with it for the last three weekends and everything looks good and works fine. Regarding the mixed reviews and delayed delivery complaints, our trailer was delivered six weeks after the agreed date. Not too bad considering that these are unique, hand made trailers.
Calgary1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, trillium