Escape 23 Floor Plans - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
This exercise reminds me of days of yore when the Chief Photographer at the Vancouver Sun designed the darkrooms in the new building. He neglected to account for the width of the cinder block walls. His walls were the width of a 2B pencil.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:55 PM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
I might see if I can cut and paste text into their web-form. Or maybe they are already aware that there are other designs on the market they can look to.
Well, I managed to copy and paste quite a bit of text into their web form tool for option E23F1.

By the way, I ran across mention on the Escape forum of a pending new larger fiberglass trailer from Northern Lite, the Boreal 23 FB. Have folks here discussed that one?

At 27’6″ length overall, and 8’4″ wide, it will be a rather unique offering in the molded-trailer arena.

https://northern-lite.com/boreal-23fb-travel-trailer/
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Lite Boreal.png   Boreal-23FB-Floor-Plan.png  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #23

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
This exercise reminds me of days of yore when the Chief Photographer at the Vancouver Sun designed the darkrooms in the new building. He neglected to account for the width of the cinder block walls. His walls were the width of a 2B pencil.
If they were the width of the whole pencil, that would be just about right for our trailers' walls.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #24

Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
At 27’6″ length overall, and 8’4″ wide, it will be a rather unique offering in the molded-trailer arena.
Somebody just mentioned the Bigfoot Silver Cloud. That's the trailer I wanted to mention when I posted about the Boreal, but I couldn't remember the name.

It sounds like the Boreal is in the same realm size-wise as the Silver Cloud, though from what I can see the Silver Cloud has managed to retain a big "living room" area at the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot Silver Cloud Interior 01.jpg  

Old 05-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #25

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Quote:
Well, I managed to copy and paste quite a bit of text into their web form tool for option E23F1.

By the way, I ran across mention on the Escape forum of a pending new larger fiberglass trailer from Northern Lite, the Boreal 23 FB. Have folks here discussed that one?

https://northern-lite.com/boreal-23fb-travel-trailer/
Pretty similar to the Bigfoot 25FB I'd say. Same length if you get the front compartment on the Bigfoot and a fairly similar layout, but the Boreal 23 is a bit lighter and taller with more counter space and less seating. On paper the BF's a bit better insulated, but it's close enough that details like air leaks and tank area design will make a bigger difference.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #26

Name: David
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300
British Columbia
I'm not knocking people that like large, comfortable RVs. But the part of this story that I think is a little sad is that Escape seems to slowly dropping all the smaller trailers in favour of larger units. Witness the fact that the 13' and 15' models were dropped some time ago. Will the 17' be next?

When I was a kid in the 1960s, a 20 foot trailer was big one and that trailer was only 17' by today's measurements. Building trailers is a business and Escape is undoubtedly offering what their clients want; boaters call this "2 footitis". And larger trailers are more profitable too. Just as the car builders are going away from sedans to SUVs and pickups, some trailer builders are going away from small trailers. And I think that is too bad.
greenghost45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #27

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
I think part of that is competition and finding a niche. Scamp, Trillium, and Casita plus a few newcomers like Nest have the 13'-17' range covered fairly well. As you go bigger there's fewer options. Oliver, but they're sort of their own niche in terms of price and being rather long but narrow. Bigfoot does make as small as 17.5', but price-wise and weight they're closer to Oliver. So, "like Scamp/Casita but a bit bigger and nicer while not getting into Airstream territory on price".

It does kind of seem to go in cycles, though. I'd actually say if anything overall the small trailers have made a bit of a comeback the past few years. Nest, resurrected Trillium, plus traditionally-constructed ones like the T@Bs.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #28

Name: David
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
California
I like the rear queen walkaround bed concept in the 23 ft Escape the best, you generally back into a camp space, and the rear bed gives more quiet than a front bed which is nearer to the road in front of your camp.
CasitaMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:43 AM   #29

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasitaMiner View Post
I like the rear queen walkaround bed concept in the 23 ft Escape the best, you generally back into a camp space, and the rear bed gives more quiet than a front bed which is nearer to the road in front of your camp.
We're all different. Many of us prefer a front bed and we've never found it to be any more noisy.

The bed in the Escape 23 is in the front, not the back.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #30

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
At back-in sites the front is buffered by the tow vehicle, and in pull-through sites, the back is often closer to traffic than the front. At waterfront sites the back has the views, which are best appreciated when you’re awake.

I can see good arguments for Escape’s layout.

For long-term (snowbird-type) stays in RV parks, the rear bed makes more sense.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #31

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
For long-term (snowbird-type) stays in RV parks, the rear bed makes more sense.
Like I stated, we're all different.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:57 PM   #32

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
The rear dinette in our Escape 21 is our favorite feature of the floor plan. Invariably, we have great views when dining.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:36 AM   #33

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Twin beds for us, as I mentioned here:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ugh-95725.html

I really like the Oak style, too. Nice and warm feeling, unlike most of the stickies I've seen.

/LEJ

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape