Ever have a day like these guys? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Another great YouTube video from England:

(disclaimer: one moment of rather, ahem... heated discussion occurs the censors didn't catch)

Money quote: "The police are here... run away, run away!... hide in the bushes!"

I especially like the end. Good reminder that sometime you need to think outside the box...
Matthew Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Yes, I did have a day like this many years ago, but it involved getting a 26-foot sailboat back on the trailer with the tide going out and the sun setting into total darkness. Oh, and there was a low bridge and I wasn't certain if the mast was higher than the bridge was lower. And my wife trying to give insructions. Land or sea, it's not a good experience, though it makes for good storytelling over a beer.
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I'm at home, sick in bed with 102* fever and laughing out loud! That was JUST the right medicine. Thanks!

Roger

On edit:

Since I was lying here near death today and have nothing better to do (and can't find two brain cells to rub together), I thought I'd explore a little, and that clip is just a small part of 30 minute English show called "Top Gear". The entire show is presented in 9 minute clips and is DEFINATELY worth a watch if you have the time to spend! It'll make you reconsider why we "caravan"!
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
I'm at home, sick in bed with 102* fever and laughing out loud! That was JUST the right medicine. Thanks!
You are welcome, and I hope you feel better soon... being sick is no fun. Sounds like you're taking advantage of your confinement to keep yourself entertained!

I saw the longer clips as well and they are a riot... they could become classics in the RV world. Perhaps they could be required viewing at the dealer before one is allowed to buy a "bulgemobile"... if more people watched them it might help curb overcrowding at campsites!

I love the big hole they've manage to rip in the thing before they even get to the campground... yikes!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I watched the whole thing . Great break from grading papers!

CindyL
Old 12-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:

CindyL
Get back to work! So this is how you spend your time when you say you are too busy to talk to me.

JUST KIDDING! We are married if you can't guess.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #7

Ah, the modern Internet marriage...

I know how it is... I see my wife so infrequently between her work and mine it seems like the only kissing we get done is through email!

Roger
Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Money quote: "The police are here... run away, run away!... hide in the bushes!"
From "Monty Python and the Caravan of Doom"... a sequel to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Roger
Old 12-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #9

Quote:
From "Monty Python and the Caravan of Doom"... a sequel to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Roger
I can see it now...

"Sir Robin, verily it is thy turn to back the Caravan into yon campsite..."

"Run Away!!"

Old 12-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #10

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Quote:

CindyL
Sounds like the clip I saw the other day (part of the occasional cross fertilization between us and one of the teardrop groups). Lots of fun.

What papers are you NOT grading??? You're welcome to take over some of mine. I'm WAY behind having been stuck at home for the last 2 days sick as a dog.

On an unrelated and perhaps fever induced point... where do we get that expression "sick as a dog" anyway??? I've watched my two dogs do (and roll in, and EAT) some truely unspeakable things and never ONCE gotten sick!

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
On an unrelated and perhaps fever induced point... where do we get that expression "sick as a dog" anyway??? I've watched my two dogs do (and roll in, and EAT) some truely unspeakable things and never ONCE gotten sick!

Mike
Quoted from http://www.word-detective.com/061202.html

"Sick as a dog," which means "extremely sick" and dates back to at least the 17th century, is also not so much negative as it is simply descriptive. Anyone who knows dogs knows that while they can and often will eat absolutely anything, on those occasions when their diet disagrees with them the results can be quite dramatic. And while Americans may consider themselves "sick" when they have a bad cold, in Britain that would be called "feeling ill." "Being sick" in Britain usually means "to vomit."

So to really appreciate the original sense of "sick as a dog," imagine yourself seated in the parlor having tea with the Vicar on a lovely Sunday afternoon, when Fido staggers in from a meal of sun-dried woodchuck and expresses his unease all over your heirloom oriental carpet. It's actually rather amazing that goldfish aren't more popular.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #12

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Quote:
And while Americans may consider themselves "sick" when they have a bad cold, in Britain that would be called "feeling ill." "Being sick" in Britain usually means "to vomit."
At the risk of dragging this conversation further down an unhappy pathway...

For both myself and my dogs - that was the manner in which I was using the expression.

ya know... when you're NOT sick - the appropriate smiley here seems to be:

but this one really shows more how I felt:

Back to grading purgatory...

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote