favored brands? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
It seems like 90% of the for sale, show and tell, discussions etc. is about all other brands of trailer except Casita. Do Casita owners stay away from FGRV for any particular reason or is it my imagination? If so, why?
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I wonder IF the Casita peeps have a Casita Site???

Maybe thats where the majority of them hang out?
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
I wonder IF the Casita peeps have a Casita Site???

Maybe thats where the majority of them hang out?
Actually there are 2 Casita forums although there are owners of other than Casitas on both sites. The forums are Casita Travel Trailer Forum http://www.casitaforum.com/ and Casita Club at www.casitaclub.com. While primarily use those two sites, I also frequently check this site. I have also seen several Casita owners here as well.
Veda Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
All I can say is they're missin some durn good buys on Casita's in our referrals section over the last year if they aren't hangin out here...
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, Casita owners have their own forum for Casita specific stuff.

Anyone is welcome at the Casita forum, not just Casitas. I have been to Casita gatherings and no one turned their nose up at my Burro and I felt just as welcome there as any other gathering. But the predominant subject of the forum is Casitas and Casita things.

Gene (The owner) is a valued member here, as well as being a co collaborator in the promotion of the Oregon Gathering. It's a "Non denominational" meet.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
We have participated on the FGRV site for some time because we have more friends here than on the Casita sites. We also check the Casita sites occasionally but enjoy the variety here. After all, "variety is the spice of life", right? That said, we've never encountered any jealousy or enmity on these sites. Helpful concern for each other has been the rule and we pray that will continue!

Enjoy the sharing of knowledge and companionship,
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Several of the moderating team here are or were Casita owners at one time. In fact, in the early days, Casitas far outnumbered the other brands on our team... We've had personnel changes since then, and some of the Casitas have been passed to other owners, with different brands replacing them.

Mine's a Casita, Suz's is a Casita. Mike used to have a Casita, but then he switched to Bigfoot. Nancy and Donna have Scamps; Carol (no longer a moderator but still considered part of our "team" has a Casita; ditto with Morgan). Roger has had every kind of trailer but a Casita... Gina's the Burro gal... Steve L. has a Casita. Ches has dabbled with Bolers and Trillium and Escape...

Yep Casitas are plenty welcome here... and so is every other kind of molded fiberglass travel trailer enthusiast.

We've really tried to build a community that shares in the similarities of our trailers, rather than accentuating the differences. It's a model that has worked, too.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote