Favorite part of your camper? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Favorite part of your camper?

What is your favorite part of the Camper? Mine you ask? Traveling with a BATHROOM! At my age it is nice to pull over & hop out to the bathroom.
Sometimes I get out of the truck like I am on a Broadway stage. I have a big smile, my arms are outstretched like I am in the sound of music. I twirl 2 & a half times & up on my toes as I approach the door. As I unlock the door, I look over my shoulder and noticed the open mouths of the jealous people, as I smile & shut the door behind me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I have noticed that for many older guys it is their toilet. Creature comforts.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Favorite part of your camper?

Favorite part? The wheels! They get my vacation house to wherever I want to be.

Seriously, my favorite design feature of our Scamp is the front sofa/bunk. It’s just so doggone clever. At the time it was first introduced in the Boler, most bunks were either fold-down cabinets squashed against the ceiling or canvas cots hanging from poles.

In general, beds. That’s where we spend most of our inside hours. It’s the main reason we bought the trailer in the first place, rather than continuing to use a tent.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post

In general, beds. That’s where we spend most our inside hours.
Yes, the bed is always the most favorite part of a camper, or the most hated.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:19 PM   #5

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
favorite....

after years cruising in a small sailboat ("sponge baths" or solar showers on deck in isolated anchorages)....it's the shower in my trailer...

anywhere, anytime to have a hot shower when you want or need one feels like "luxury" (I rerouted an existing heat duct so that my bathroom is now heated when I turn the furnace on!)

it's a "wet bath" and I have no complaints about the "wet" part...if I had my druthers I'd have a wet bath in my house...only just larger in size
Attached Thumbnails
bath2.jpg   bath5.jpg  

bath9d.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:09 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I'd have to split it 4 ways between the bath, bed, big fridge with a separate freezer, and propane oven on my Escape 21.

having a comfortable dinette I can lounge on is a big plus, too. the screen door is a huge one too, we had a lot of bugs at our last two campsites.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:05 AM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
I would have to say that my favorite part of my trailer is the vinyl graphics which adorn the shell, particularly the manufacturer’s name. Every time I view it I get giddy, because I am reminded that I no longer have to deal with all the problems and defects of my previous trailer in which I seemingly couldn’t go on a single excursion without the expected frustration of two or three malfunctions or failures of one thing or another. My second favorite thing is the bed, which is an innerspring mattress rather than a foam pad which provides little support and comfort. As others have stated, the bed is where most inside hours are spent.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:31 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
the interior of my little house is my favorite. i love having everything within easy reach. i suppose that all those many years spent in a photographic darkroom were training for feeling very comfortable in a small place.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:41 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here. I like the whole dang thing. I could use a bush, take a GI bath and sleep on a rock but why? No single thing stands out more than another...YMMV
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
The side dinette in my Scamp 16'. Have coffee in the morning, plan the day, or just relax. In the evening, or rainy days, play a card game with the lol. Yes the bathroom as well, i can remember when i pulled into a rest stop and the rest rooms seemed like miles away, smiled and just unlocked my door. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I love the fact that my Silver Cloud has rooms! One can cook in the kitchen while the other reads in the living room or each of us can watch TV in different ends of the camper.

I love all the oak.

Lots of people who tour our camper love the fact that it has a tub. Hubby fixed it up to be a nice shower too.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
bathroom Bigfoot.jpg   bedroom Bigfoot.jpg  

Bigfoot livingroom.jpg   kitchen of Bigfoot.jpg  

Old 07-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
On the Trillium 4500, hands down favorite feature is all of the jalousie windows. Unless the weather is cold, we tend to keep the windows open all day, rain or shine.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
While I may be the only one that feels this way, my oven! I traded in an Escape 17 for a 21 so I could have one. Got tired of baking blueberry pies in a Dutch Oven...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
My favourite thing about my trailer is the places it allows me to stay. The trailer itself has hordes of great and usable features, but my first love is the great outdoors and checking out as much of that as possible. Even if in campgrounds we mostly use the interior of the trailer for sleeping, as we cook, eat, do dishes and lounge outside as long as the weather is bearable. Campfires are not allowed in the trailer.

However, on those instances when the weather is really foul, raining, windy and cold, I do love to have a great place to hang out in. We will cook inside then, and my wife loves having an oven, read, play cards, and very rarely watch a movie.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #15

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Oh, I also had to do a double take when I read "Camper" in the title, as to folks around here a camper is a unit that mounts in a truck bed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
While I may be the only one that feels this way, my oven! I traded in an Escape 17 for a 21 so I could have one. Got tired of baking blueberry pies in a Dutch Oven...
And let me tell you they are delicious as well as aesthetically pleasing.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #17

Name: William
Trailer: Escape
Florida
The four person dinette in my Escape 17A is my favorite.
Robbins734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #18

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

Fun thread. In late 2015, we were shopping for our first new to us egg camper. We determined that it needed to be 16’ to 17’ long, have a permanent bed, a wet bath, and a place to sit independent of the bed in addition to the requisite utilities of electricity, HVAC, water, and water heater. We ended up with an ‘05 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe. My favorite part of our egg is the swivel chairs. Laura reads in bed and I have comfy swivel chair(s) for sitting.

Happy Camping,

Dean
Old 07-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #19

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
My favorite thing is having a little cabin on wheels that is always there on a trip. A cabin with all the comforts of home. It can be blowing, or raining, or freezing cold. Or I can be tired, or hungry or just ready to stop for the night, or for a nap. Every time I step into the trailer, I smile and know I'm in my little cabin. Once there, I'm never in a hurry to leave.

I hope for extreme weather, knowing we don't have to set up camp, or be exposed.

It's more than just a respite though, I appreciate things that are made well, and work well when repeatedly used. It's the whole package, I guess.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #20

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Dean,

The swivel chairs are something I admire in a Casita. We can't have them in the Oliver.