Fiberglass Roof - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #1

Name: Gene
Trailer: Holiday Rambler/Vacationeer
South Dakota
Fiberglass Roof

I bought a new camper that has full body paint everywhere but on the roof. The roof is peaked fiberglass and has white pigment in the resin. My concern is that after some period of time the roof will start to chalk. Does anybody know of a sealer that can be applied to try to stop this from happening. The only product I have checked on so far is Vertglas and they have told me their product will not work for this application. My roof is one piece fiberglas.
Meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Gene, welcome to FiberglassRV. You've landed a forum for all molded towables. I see you've got a Holiday Rambler? We can help you with the roof issue, after all our trailers are ALL gelcoat

You may want to click on this topic: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

For any other issues you run into with your Holiday Rambler, you may have better luck here: iRV2 - RV Forum Community or: Open Road Forums at RV.net
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #3

South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Gene, welcome to FiberglassRV. You've landed a forum for all molded towables. I see you've got a Holiday Rambler? We can help you with the roof issue, after all our trailers are ALL gelcoat

You may want to click on this topic: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

For any other issues you run into with your Holiday Rambler, you may have better luck here: iRV2 - RV Forum Community or: Open Road Forums at RV.net
Thanks for the tip Donna. I did read Randys post and it looks interesting as I am looking for a preventative sealer.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Use fiberglass boat wax.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangene View Post
Thanks for the tip Donna. I did read Randys post and it looks interesting as I am looking for a preventative sealer.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

South Dakota
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wash roof good. Then use Mop and Glow floor wax. Works great. For slightly older cars use Pledge. This also works well.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

South Dakota
Thanks for the tip Chester. Somebody else also suggested the floor wax. As the roof is 8' X 31" applying with a mop sounds good. Sure don't need the work of hand buffing.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangene View Post
Thanks for the tip Chester. Somebody else also suggested the floor wax. As the roof is 8' X 31" applying with a mop sounds good. Sure don't need the work of hand buffing.
It did a good job for me. I got the tip from a Motor Home forum.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
The red max is very easy to apply and does not require any rubbing or buffing, just wipe on, let dry and repeat one or two more times or until happy. I put two coats on and it seemed to shine er up real nice.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #10

South Dakota
I had anotther response on Red Max. If it is sstocked at Lowes I have a 100 mile drive.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Call them and have them put it into Contractor's Will Call for you. Then, before you leave the house, call Will Call to make certain it's waiting for you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #12

South Dakota
I would call before I drive that far. Although I may want to check out the flooding on the eastern side of the state when I pick up the product. I see they have one gallon quantities.