Fiberglass Teardropp by Eggcamper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi all, Im currently looking at buying another small camper, Im for sure it will be a fiberglass unit.
I am looking for any information or pictures of the inside of the fiberglass teardropp produced by eggcamper.
This is what i am strongly considering for my first fiberglass light weight

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eggdropp_Fiberglass.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	10837
[attachment=13430ggdropp...rglass_1.
jpg]
Attached Images

Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Is there a reason you're particularly looking at teardrops as opposed to a little larger trailer (weight, perhaps)? Some reasons I went with my Casita:

1. Having been rained out on long road trips and having to deal with a wet tent and no way to cook, etc., I wanted a place we could be comfortable, out of the rain and be able to cook. A trailer with a bed, side dinette and kitchen provided that.

2. I was getting tired of middle-of-the-night runs to the porta-potties and I wanted a bathroom (for many, a porta-potty in the trailer suffices)

3. Security, since I'm often alone

4. I wanted to be able to camp in the winter

I know there are more reasons, but those come to mind at present. I sure do love my Casita Spirit DX! I can't imagine a more perfect trailer FOR ME (though Bob's Bigfoot is pretty nice looking!).
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
The cost of one those is about the same or more than for a 13' fiberglass trailer with kitchen inside.

A couple links for you Teardroopp trailer is manufacturer site for one you pictured.

For teardrop trailers http://www.teardrops.net/ is probably one of the best. Look at the for sale section to get an idea of price.

I paid $10,000 for my 13' with lots of options and delivered to Oregon. Kind of hard to beat.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Is there a reason you're particularly looking at teardrops as opposed to a little larger trailer (weight, perhaps)? Some reasons I went with my Casita:

1. Having been rained out on long road trips and having to deal with a wet tent and no way to cook, etc., I wanted a place we could be comfortable, out of the rain and be able to cook. A trailer with a bed, side dinette and kitchen provided that.

2. I was getting tired of middle-of-the-night runs to the porta-potties and I wanted a bathroom (for many, a porta-potty in the trailer suffices)

3. Security, since I'm often alone

4. I wanted to be able to camp in the winter

I know there are more reasons, but those come to mind at present. I sure do love my Casita Spirit DX! I can't imagine a more perfect trailer FOR ME (though Bob's Bigfoot is pretty nice looking!).
The one piece mold is attractive, the fact that the interior space is close to a scamp, the retro look is cool, yes its light weight, and you would definitly have something different.
Me and the Misses are campers, we dont do extended stays past 5 days so this would fit into our current life style.
As info my better half is leading torward a 13" scamp, she's not sold on this teardropp but I've got time to win her over.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #5

Quote:
The cost of one those is about the same or more than for a 13' fiberglass trailer with kitchen inside.

A couple links for you Teardroopp trailer is manufacturer site for one you pictured.

For teardrop trailers http://www.teardrops.net/ is probably one of the best. Look at the for sale section to get an idea of price.

I paid $10,000 for my 13' with lots of options and delivered to Oregon. Kind of hard to beat.
This is what i have, I am looking for a fiberglass camper, the first choice for most would be the scamp, burro, casitas, u-haul type, Im attempting to think outside that box.
If anyone has better pics of the inside thats posted on the website please post them, if you know of someone that has one of these Fiberglass units, I would appreciate there review and comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0002.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	10841
Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
The one piece mold is attractive, the fact that the interior space is close to a scamp, the retro look is cool, yes its light weight, and you would definitly have something different.
Me and the Misses are campers, we dont do extended stays past 5 days so this would fit into our current life style.
As info my better half is leading torward a 13" scamp, she's not sold on this teardropp but I've got time to win her over.

Is the Misses have any claustrophobic tendencies? If so she'll hate the teardrop. My dad had one, and mom hated it. Once they got a 14' she was ok with it. I can get up and walk around in my 13', not very far but at least I can stand up.

That said, it's been tempting to build a tear drop trailer. We probably wouldn't use it, but maybe one of the kids would. That's one of those round tuit things.

Any good luck with what ever you decide.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought a teardrop trailer was just an enclosed bed with a dropdown kitchen on the outside out the back end. There is no way to sit in it or manuever around it is, is there? That's why I like my Casita: I can stand up in it, manuever around, sit at the table and play a game, basically live in it if needed. I'm thinking a 13' egg would have liveable space in it as opposed to just having a bed. Have you been able to visit teardrops, 13', 16' and 17' eggs and actually go in them? I don't think I'd make a decision before I did. I'm sure there are some on this sight that live close enough and that would let you take a look at theirs. You're a couple/few hours south of me, but if you want to make a roadtrip north you're welcome to come take a look...
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #8

This is the measurements from the web site, since I'm new how close is this to a 13" scamp?
Thank you for your replies.

Overall length......................166"
Overall width....................…..88"
Exterior Height …………………..83"
Interior Height.......….......…...67"
Dry Weight Basic.................895lbs
Tongue Weight basic..........140lbs
Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought a teardrop trailer was just an enclosed bed with a dropdown kitchen on the outside out the back end. There is no way to sit in it or manuever around it is, is there?
Some of them, including one the pictured, are big enough that you set up a table inside and slide in like you do into a car. You can sit. Yes, you still cook outside, and get dressed laying on your back.

That last statement is why we got our 13'. We were going camping with our kids and their families, camping at events, always in backpacking tent. It got to where we really hated getting dressed while laying on our backs. Out backpacking, get up, step out of the tent and get dressed. Can't do that when you're with a lot of other people.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #10

Interior height seems to be a solid 65 inches which is 5ft 6in, that pleanty enough for me to put my pants on and for the misses to sit down and put on make-up.

I will do more research and comparisons, but again this is something different, and the one piece mold design makes this a solid camper.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #11

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Interior height seems to be a solid 65 inches which is 5ft 6in, that pleanty enough for me to put my pants on and for the misses to sit down and put on make-up.

I will do more research and comparisons, but again this is something different, and the one piece mold design makes this a solid camper.
I think it is attractive because it is lightweight and fits in a garage. I'd get claustrophobic, but if you don't, then it might be a good choice. I agree that all other things aside, you get more bang for your buck with an egg, though, than a teardrop. I think I'd try to rent one for a weekend to see how I liked it- some companies have that option so it is worth checking out.

Bobbie

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
I have a cousin who builds these little things. He's finding it hard to sell them around here. He sells them as bare bones and som with shelving added.
BTW his wife won't camp in them.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #13

I already have a vintage teardrop, I just looking for something with more interior room that will give me the option to be creative with cabinets and shelving.
The dimensions are not that far off from a 13' scamp, i see alot of potential with this camper.
If anyone has knowledge of one of these out here in California have them post on this board.
There is no dealer network for this and the other Eggcampers, I realy dont want to make a trip to Michigan just to look at one of these.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #14

Quote:
I have a cousin who builds these little things. He's finding it hard to sell them around here. He sells them as bare bones and some with shelving added.
BTW his wife won't camp in them.
I’m going to attempt to send you a PM

Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #15

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
I already have a vintage teardrop, I just looking for something with more interior room that will give me the option to be creative with cabinets and shelving.
The dimensions are not that far off from a 13' scamp, i see alot of potential with this camper.
If anyone has knowledge of one of these out here in California have them post on this board.
There is no dealer network for this and the other Eggcampers, I realy dont want to make a trip to Michigan just to look at one of these.
Coming from a teardrop it probably would be a nice move, and I can see what you mean about cabinets- working with fiberglass gives you a lot of options. Maybe the company can tell you if they have sold one in California?

Bobbie

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #16

Registry
You might try giving Eggcamper a call and see if they've sold one to somebody near you. If not maybe they could provide more pictures and information. I know that Scamp and Casita have a referral program so maybe Eggcamper does too. Worth a phone call to find out.

I do have to agree it is a pretty neat looking design and if you're already into tear drop trailers this might be just the ticket.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #17

this camper looks to be on the same scale as the Burro, Scamp, Casita.

Scamp 13' Specifications
Overall Length 13'
Overall Height 7'4"
Overall Width 6'8"
Interior Length 10'
Interior Width 6'6"
Weight* 1000 lbs.
Hitch Weight* 85 lbs.
Hitch Height 18"
Ball Hitch 2"
Tire 13" B rating
Sleeps 2 to 4 people

Teardrop Camper
Overall length......................166"
Overall width....................…..88
Exterior Height …………………..83"
Interior Height.......….......…...67"
Dry Weight Basic.................895lbs
Tongue Weight basic..........140lbs
Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #18

Registry
From what I can see of the teardrop, here's what I think are the big differences between it and most 13' trailers.

Inside kitchen vs outside kitchen.
Inside seating (I've had 7 people sitting in my 13' at one time)
Large front and rear windows, door window, two side windows, (I also have a small window over the stove) vs one window in door and maybe one on the other side. Therefore more light and better ventilation.

I'm sure there's more.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #19

As for the outside galley, this is part of the retro look i like, and if one wanted they could use a small stove inside. Because these are basicaly a blank you could customize the interior living quarter to your liking, from my understanding they could add an extra regress window if desired.

Thank you all for posting your comments, if you run across some more detailed photos of interior or exterior please post them.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #20
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Maybe the measurements are not that far off, but in these trailers, inches make a huge difference. Just a few inches here and there can go from cramped and claustrophobic to open and spacious and allows for much more maneuverability.

If you just prefer teardrops, then that's definitely one to consider. You have the benefit of molded fiberglass while still being able to have a teardrop. It's just that I don't think that you can compare a teardrop to a 13' trailer.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper