Finally after 2 years.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13'
Iowa
Finally after 2 years....

So yay. The family finally went camping in our 1977 Scamp we purchased a couple years ago. It took a while, for a number of reasons. But we wanted to get out before our oldest daughter started 2nd grade.

Anyways the highlight of the trip had to be the conversation my wife and daughter had while kicking/throwing a ball back and forth.

Wife : "blah blah blah blah blah ...... I get poison ivy really easy... blah blah" (Ok hopefully she doesn't read this LOL)

Wife :"So be very careful that you don't the the ball go into the woods. If it does you'll be SOL"

Daughter : "So the ball will be LOST?!?"

Wife : "Yes"

Daughter : "Mommy You dont spell so good"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still not sure why my wife used the term SOL... Most of the time something like that would bring questions like "What does SOL mean".

This is probably one of those "you had to be there" moments.

And I was
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Cute, little kids come up with the most honest comments. One of my daughters looked at the moon that was almost gone and said "it looks like a finger nail". Those are the memories we keep.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Cute, little kids come up with the most honest comments. One of my daughters looked at the moon that was almost gone and said "it looks like a finger nail". Those are the memories we keep.
Dave, my 8 brothers and sisters all called them "Hangnail Moons". That was back in the '50's. I love those old nostalgic stories, especially the ones from a kid's perspective.

Joe, your story is just the first of many memories I hope you have with your family and your little camper. Too funny!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:05 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
You're making great memories
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote