First night in Play Pac - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #1

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
First night in Play Pac

Ok so we didn't actually leave my property, but we really wanted to. It was a bummer because we didn't go anyplace because of a photoshoot I had scheduled for the next morning... Well... They cancelled just as I was getting ready to leave. so if they let me know ahead of time I could have taken the kids someplace. Hopefully soon! We tried to find the most " natural" camping spot at the house, but all out options needed a jack better than what we had ( only a car jack). So we just settled on the official camper parking spot next to the garage. We had ice cream at the table and after I made the bed, the kids complained it was too small with 4 of us in there as I made the bed. I will make sure that if possible I will make it before the clan comes in, in the future. We got in bed and all watched a movie on the laptop. The 4 year old got a big kick out of using the potty. The bed is HUGE. I was worried about the guy not having a good time so I was trying not to squish him in bed. Well I had so much room!!! I didn't touch a single person all night and in the morning my guy asked me why I was keeping so far away from him all night. I slept better than in my old class c and the bed is so much better!!!
Got a bunch of stuff to do and a leak to stop, but I can't wait to get some real camping done!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Meghan,

Consider adding a screen house. I don't know if the FirstUp would work as it does on our Uhaul, but with ours, we prop it up against the camper with the screens on 3 sides and the trailer making up the 4th side. The door opens into the screen house. It gives you another room unless the weather is really bad. I, frankly, am not happy when we don't set it up; otherwise, I feel like your children, the camper is too small.

Glad you were able to try it out!

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Uhaul with screen.jpg  
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Congrats on first night Meghan!

i was away on a work trip last week and missed all the fun! really happy to hear how comfy all four of you were. my wife and i are practically swimming in there when we make up the bed. i had a smaller bed in college!

it will take a few trips to get a groove in regards to how to do this and that. for instance, i learned it is better to remove anything we might need at night from the bench storage areas before making the bed. one thing I did was make a checklist borrowing from an older post here by a very detailed camper (i whittled it down since we have a lot less to worry about): on one side is 'pre-departure' (two parts: interior and exterior) and on the back side is the 'arrival' checklist (interior and exterior). then, i laminated it and its the first thing you see on the counter every time you open the door. its good training for my wife and myself - so each time we go somewhere we walk it around the 'Bac Pac' and make sure we cover each point in the sequence. it really helps my ease of mind when we go down the road ("what did i forget?").

after camping all the way home from Oregon, once we got to Big Sur last weekend, we seemed to click into Play Pac mode. we were set up in about 10 minutes - sitting in our chairs reading and with cold beverage in hand.

most important it to have fun and it sounds like you guys did just that. cant wait to see your Play Pac in action soon!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote