First Time! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2021, 09:15 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Washington
First Time!

Heading to the Maryhill Egg rally tomorrow for the first overnight of our trailer since we picked it up in late March. It is not that far away and we will only be away for 48 hours. My packing is minimal because 1) I will be gone a short time and 2) I am a backpacker and am used to making due with whatever I have on hand.

I mentioned I am a backpacker, and I have always been a tent camper as well. I have never had HEAT or AC while camping. I have never had a bathroom of my own while camping. I have never had running water with a dedicated sink while camping. Very excited to experience these luxuries!

MB
mbtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:30 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Have a good time and next year start the season next year at the Sping Fling in New England with all the other Spring Flingers.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:02 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Have a good time and next year start the season next year at the Sping Fling in New England with all the other Spring Flingers.
Gerry
You mean travel over 3,000 miles one-way to attend a 4-day rally when there are rallies closer to home in the PNW? Don’t know about the OP but I, for one, wouldn’t even consider it unless there were other things I wanted to do/see that far away from home. The fuel alone for a round trip from Washington (State) to New Hampshire would exceed $1,000 at today’s prices, based on 15 mpg and 6,000 miles round trip. That would be a major commitment. But YMMV.

MB, enjoy your trip and your new trailer!
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:50 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
That would be a fair pull for sure. We have done the 5,000 mile round trip to Osoyoos several times and the shorty rally trips at 2,000 to 2,500 miles numerous times. In every instance we came back with great memories, satisfaction of seeing and camping with friends and family, making new friends and seeing dozens and dozens of attractions along the way. As my old friend said to me about car racing once, “it costs money to go racing”. Priorities, likes and dislikes are different for all of us and who knows what tomorrow may bring. Remember 2020? Pretty much a rainout. Keep dreaming, keep camping and have fun.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
That would be a fair pull for sure. We have done the 5,000 mile round trip to Osoyoos several times and the shorty rally trips at 2,000 to 2,500 miles numerous times. In every instance we came back with great memories, satisfaction of seeing and camping with friends and family, making new friends and seeing dozens and dozens of attractions along the way. As my old friend said to me about car racing once, “it costs money to go racing”. Priorities, likes and dislikes are different for all of us and who knows what tomorrow may bring. Remember 2020? Pretty much a rainout. Keep dreaming, keep camping and have fun.
Iowa Dave
Hi Dave, Yes, I’ve done Osoyoos from Florida 3 times since 2015. But that is a special owner’s appreciation rally (or was special when Reace or Tammy were involved). No offense intended to Gerry or the attendees, but to me the Spring Fling in NE is just a run of the mill rally of which there are many. And I see new things and make new friends on every trip whether I attend a rally or not. I lived half of my life in New England, most of that time in NH, and May weather there is a bit iffy for me. There is a reason I relocated to Florida. Actually, I will be in NH in late June, visiting family and old friends. But it is doubtful that any white precipitation will fall or still be on the ground by then.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote