First trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2003, 12:22 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
First trip

Took the Compact jr on it's first trip this weekend. 400+ miles, don't know for sure how far as the odometer broke a couple of weeks ago. I was so nervous when I started out, but about half way there I stopped noticing the trailer, and kept checking that it was still there because it pulled so easily. Thank goodness for the performance swaybars and the heavy duty overload springs on the car. Kept it at 50-55mph, sometimes 60mph, and it was easy.
Drove up to Sonoma county (wine country) on Friday night in the pouring rain, quite the break in for a first time tower. Got to the fairgrounds at 10pm, and was told that I would have to parallel park the rig with only 3 feet to spare, I told them to find me another spot or park it themselves. They found me a great place next to my friends, with easy back into spot. Unhooked, took care of the dogs, and went to bed. I had everything that I needed, and there are showers at most fairgrounds, so I was set. The dogs loved it, all 11 of them. The icebox even kept my wine and salad cold, I was surprised.
Had a great weekend at the show (even did a bit of winning). Everyone loved the trailer, some ladies came over Sat. night and said could they please look inside as the they were dying of curiosity:) All weekend people came over and wanted to see the trailer. I wondered how I would fit in with the $200,000 RVs, and it was fine. Hitched up myself this afternoon, and as I was leaving one of the parking guys said it was the cutest trailer he had ever seen. I guess I'm quite the sight, a single 20-something girl, with 11 small dogs, pulling a little blue trailer with a Volvo Station Wagon.
Will be going to another show next weekend, and will try to take some pics then. Thanks to everyone for this great forum, it has helped so much.:reye2 This trip was the culmination of over a year and a half of looking and waiting for the right trailer.
Blossom
p/s On the way home I saw a Scamp 5th wheel at the Walmart in Livermore, anyone here?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:34 AM   #2

Blossom ... glad you have a great first trip!

Just think of all the trips you've yet to take!

Ah, the stuff of dreams!

Old 05-05-2003, 08:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Orginally posted by Blossom S.
Had a great weekend at the show (even did a bit of winning).
How nice. you won something. :jump-r plus you got to show off the trailer. :thumb

Old 05-05-2003, 08:40 PM   #4

Great story, Blossom!!

I still get a kick out of thinking of you and 11 dogs. I'll bet you are quite the sight, indeed!

Congrats on a great first trip!
:cblob

And, thanks for the kind words about this website. Flattery will get you everywhere!