Floyd at Scamp Camp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
1) We live in a county of approx 20,000 full time residents
2) We are #2921 on the list to get vaccinated
( Group 1B - over 70 with underlying conditions)
3) So far the county has vaccinated approx 100 people
4) As of Friday the county had zero vaccine with no date set to receive more
5) So far the county has set up only one vaccination site which is a storage room in the back of a small town pharmacy . ( The county government center and the county health dept are closed at this time )
6) It makes no sense for the State or Federal government to send vaccine to an area that has made no effort to distribute it .

We are being told at this time by our county that they have no realistic idea when we can obtain our vaccinations and their best / most optimistic guess is early or Mid May.
The notion that the majority of Americans will soon be able to obtain or the desire to obtain vaccinations is doubtful. The same can be said of the opening of the US / Canadian border or life returning to somewhat normal

We have made plans / reservations for this Summer but if we can’t get vaccinated we will cancel and stay home rather than endangering others

A lot of the issues with vaccinations in our county are political , based on the fact that local officials believe and have stated that covid is a HOAX!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:37 PM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Steve, Progress is being made. Approximately 1 in 6 has been vaccinated in Wisconsin some 900,000 of 5.8 million.

Not too bad.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:50 PM   #23

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Edited my post out of respect for a thread meant to celebrate Floyd.

I'm sure we can pick up this argument somewhere else.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Was this not-to-be-trusted news media the same one that told you covid restrictions, including border crossings, would suddenly disappear after the election? Maybe it's your news source that's the problem, not the news media as a whole.

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:25 AM   #25

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I have received the vaccine and contacted Newfoundland's tourist bureau to see if they would now allow me to visit. The response was we have no plans to allow vaccinated people into Newfoundland. Weird beyond any reality.

When I was young I looked to the media for truth and reality, I now don't know if it was ever the case.
Norm, as I said, my comment was based upon speculation. That is all anyone can due at this time. Glenn Baglo is also speculating that variants will prevent border opening. I’m not sure the Newfoundland Tourist Board is the entity that will be the final decision maker. Like every other Province and US State, economics (tourist dollars) comes into play. (Aren’t you glad to be living in Florida where vaccinations are going full speed ahead for those of us over 65.) So I am guessing (and it is a guess only) that if the “final” decision makers determine that those who are fully vaccinated pose little or no threat, the border will open. While more COVID deaths are projected, the number of new cases has seen a drastic downturn in the last couple of weeks. Then again, some of my Canadian associates have expressed a “bit of dissatisfaction” regarding Canada’s rollout speed of vaccinations, and have stated that even the elderly and those with underlying conditions may not be vaccinated for some time, perhaps not until late summer or early fall. At least, that is what one friend and one relative have told me. I think we are all sick and tired of this dreadful situation regardless of which side of the border we find ourselves.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:01 PM   #26

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Viking
Illinois
Floyd connected us with the person we bought our Scamp from via a post in this very forum. I was SO IMPRESSED with his knowledge and willingness to talk with me about Scamp’s, answer all my dumb questions, and counsel me on how to get mine road ready.

Thank you again, Floyd! I hope to meet ya one day on the road!
Ajacjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #27

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
I've known Floyd for a few years, he helped me several times when I owned a Scamp...he still talks to me since I bought a Casita! Wink...wink 😉 😜
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #28

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
thats floyd! LOL
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #29

Name: Jack
Trailer: In the market
Florida
Scamp camp - rally

Anyone know the dates for the Scamp camp 2022 at Highlands Hammock SP in Florida?
capnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:37 AM   #30

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjack View Post
Anyone know the dates for the Scamp camp 2022 at Highlands Hammock SP in Florida?
February 14-Feb 18.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #31

Name: Jack
Trailer: In the market
Florida
Scamp camp - rally

Thanks, Maybe see you there.
Jack
capnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Thank you all for the accolades.
It has been a wonderful experience to be a small part in the lives of so many people with this common interest.(17 years so far)
I am thrilled to think that I may have improved anyone's experience or just brought a smile to the face of someone along the way.

We have made so many friends and had so much fun.
I could easily make a long list of those who have contributed more than I could ever hope to.
For what little I have been able to give, I have surely received in return... full measure, pressed down and running over!

I hope to see each of you next year or somewhere down the road.

We have sadly lost some valued friends along the way, still share our lives with so many others, and hope to add new friends each time we gather.

Regards: Floyd
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #33

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I am thrilled to think that I may have improved anyone's experience or just brought a smile to the face of someone along the way....
That is certainly the case for me.. and it turns out we that don't always need to agree for me to benefit from Floyd's knowledge and experience on the subject.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:29 PM   #34

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Floyd knows a thing or two about Ford Rangers as well. He is why I drive one, (or two).
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:38 PM   #35

Name: J.D.
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 Layout 6
West Virginia
Floyd! What a wonderful response to all those who appreciate you!
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp